Melbourne Football

MHFC Youth Vs Perth, Monday 16th Jan 10am

Footballism

After leading 3-1 at half time we lost 4-3

tumblr_luz5mq8Fpw1qiyep0.gif

But seriously, that's pretty crap. Ibrahim had a goal ruled out for offside late on, could've been a draw. Barring a huge form slump, you'd have to say that Perth are looking pretty solid for the NYL title. We may make top 4, but I think we're out of the race for the title now.

Edited by kingawesomeness
Adding words.

Perth were shite in the first half and we were in total control tbh. Made a triple substition, turned to shit and Perth scored 3 goals.

Bosnjak was impressive though, Ibrahim and Zahra both played well in the first half but looked tired in the second.

Also, well done to the lads who bothered turning up.

Edited by Footballism

Perth were shite in the first half and we were in total control tbh. Made a triple substition, turned to shit and Perth scored 3 goals.

Bosnjak was impressive though, Ibrahim and Zahra both played well in the first half but looked tired in the second.

Also, well done to the lads who bothered turning up.

Exactly right. First half we could of been another goal or two up and the football was incredible. It was the first time I've seen the youth team play (apart from at Family Day) and it was as (if not more) entertaining than what you see at AAMI Park (at least, whats been on offer at AAMI lately). Great ball movement and player movement, a lot of 1 and 2 touch passes and good attacking football.

Second half started a little slow, but then after a triple substitution what, 5 or 10 minutes into the second half?? What the hell? Performances became terrible. Substituting a defender as well, shaking up the back line with the replacement playing poorly.

That first goal we scored was a sublime individual effort. I think it was by Bosnjak. Hope to see more from him.

Kamal Ibrahim had a top game IMO. Made a mistake or two towards the end of the game though. He is nearing a call up I reckon.

Zahra played 90 minutes but he really wasn't in the game for a number of them. He certainly has lost a bit of pace, which hopefully he'll regain.

Good to see the youth team play and will definately try to get down and check out more matches.

Edited by Murfy1

To anyone who saw the game, what happened with the own goal? That's two games in a row that Treloar has done that.

Memory a little fuzzy of it, but I think a ball was squared from the left wing with a bit of pace and instead of being booted anywhere it just came off the defenders feet/legs and went into goal.

Great goal by Dusan Bosnjak around a few defenders. Also well done to Jeremy Walker on his first goal, could have had a second, but at least he earnt the penalty and that was put away.

Credit to Craig Goodwin, this lad covers a heaps of ground in a game. Works his arse off every game I have seen, defending, attacking and quality crosses. Was Alon Blumgart injured again, not out there again today, he showed a lot of promise pre season. One thing I have noticed is that Heart play mainly their youth team players every game, yet other clubs have around half their squad comprised of first team players. I know that it is classed as a reserve grade, but credit to Heart for giving plenty of time to the lads to develop. I hope at least a couple of the youth lads get a first team nod at the end of the season. A few more home NYL games to come so can watch a few more.

Yeah I too went to see the boys play for the first time today and found it more entertaining than watching the first team yesterday. It is funny though that the youth team makes stupid defensive mistakes and gives up soft goals just like the seniors..

I reckon Stipo Andrijasevic will be a top player in a few years. Great touch for a big man and very strong.. Needs to improve his finishing and to not drop his head every time he makes a mistake, but he has talent.

Ibrahim was good and I would rather see him in the first team than Worm..

Was a little sad to see Zahra having lost that burst of speed. Anybody else think he would be better at right back?

All in all, just like the first team, the boys managed to lose the impossible..

Edited by kontra.11

I see that neither Alon Blumgart nor Charlie King participated once again. Can a Heart insider tell us what the stories are there?

Missed the game unfortunately due to it being on a Monday.

Next home game next Sunday 22nd January vs. Brisbane Roar, KO 4.00 p.m.