Melbourne Football

Player Songs/Chants

Buddy Farah

To Heart fans one and all......I simply enjoyed the fact that people in the Southern end, sitting or standing, part of the game or all of it, singing occasionally or every time, seemed to enjoy themselves last night. It seemed quite a number of chants were started in response to something topical (e.g. a player had just done something on the pitch), there were some different tunes, there was some spontaneity (not appreciated by all, but many), and god forbid, songs were even started by "those loud guys at the back" who seemed to be a reasonable source of debate since last Sunday's game. Granted, it looked like there were a few of the guys who are usually standing at the front strategically placed amongst the "loud guys at the back" (great idea whoever suggested that I might add), but it worked really well. Seems like the discussion and (usually) constructive feedback has had a positive effect. There was still the odd dodgy chant or tune, however all I can say is, it was a great atmosphere, was fuckin loud and passionate for the most part, but as Scouser said earlier, "one day mate, remember Rome wasn't built in a day". Keep going with the flow, remain calm and carry on chanting!! :)

Edited by willo
  • Like 2

Ohhh......and a special mention to all of the Heart fans down at the Northern end who were up out of there seats and getting right behind the boys physically and vocally when were on fire and creating so many opportunities, corners and shots on goal during the 2nd half. No doubt it made it easier for the lads to keep on pushing in search of a winner and hopefully a better experience for the fans who I hope will continue to get involved in the future. All bodes well for the one team in Melbourne - Heart!!

And kudos again to fans for a bit of flexibility with chants.....people joined in whether they'd heard them before or not. Can't ask for much more than that.

Ohhh......and a special mention to all of the Heart fans down at the Northern end who were up out of there seats and getting right behind the boys physically and vocally when were on fire and creating so many opportunities, corners and shots on goal during the 2nd half. No doubt it made it easier for the lads to keep on pushing in search of a winner and hopefully a better experience for the fans who I hope will continue to get involved in the future. All bodes well for the one team in Melbourne - Heart!!

And kudos again to fans for a bit of flexibility with chants.....people joined in whether they'd heard them before or not. Can't ask for much more than that.

When I saw the northern end fans stand up I was like, OMFG THIS IS AWESOME, because it's not even like they stand up when we sing stand up chant, and I think that the northern Terrace isn't to far away from becoming active supporters!

Edited by CALZALOL

no offense to any of the boys at the Brisbane game tonight i chanted every chant started till the 63rd 4th minute(2nd row to the right of the drummer if you where looking at him front on), i will stand up and say i had a grey hat on and glasses and randomly out of all the random shit that got called tonight i got out picked out and told not to say what i just said (with a bit of respect i was yelling berisha your a c*nt and got yelled at not to say that but literally 10 to 20 minutes later there was TWO chants one was berisha fuck off or something and another saying your shit or along them lines i have had no problem with yarraside untill the brissy game i do understand some stuff shouldn't be said but for me to say that and then 10 to 15 minutes later your bagging the same player, seems to be alot of second standards just saying.

no offense to any of the boys at the Brisbane game tonight i chanted every chant started till the 63rd 4th minute(2nd row to the right of the drummer if you where looking at him front on), i will stand up and say i had a grey hat on and glasses and randomly out of all the random shit that got called tonight i got out picked out and told not to say what i just said (with a bit of respect i was yelling berisha your a c*nt and got yelled at not to say that but literally 10 to 20 minutes later there was TWO chants one was berisha fuck off or something and another saying your shit or along them lines i have had no problem with yarraside untill the brissy game i do understand some stuff shouldn't be said but for me to say that and then 10 to 15 minutes later your bagging the same player, seems to be alot of second standards just saying.

i was slagging most of their players all night, any slagging on berisha is welcome

i was slagging most of their players all night, any slagging on berisha is welcome

what i thought heard it like 6 to 7 times (not just the thing i said many things) and i got told off and i didn't get involved with any chant after that, like i said i was involved with every chant until that happened then just stood watched the game.

Dont worry about it mate maybe find a new spot to stand near the back where whoever told you off cant hear you

Hey mate, Dont know why you would have been spotted out like that for calling Berisha a cunt. Perhaps it was misheard/misinterpreted. Dont sweat it. Keep on, keeping on. Stay down the front and cheer and sing your ass off. Good lad ;)

yeah was a surprise, but thanks ill still be chanting if not in the front around somewhere else :)

really dont see how calling someone a faggot is worse than saying cunt, say 2 guys holding hand on the way to maccas and felt sick

am i the only person that doesnt like the say dont worry about a thing song/chant, not really catchy and is getting quite depressing as we're hearing it a lot lately

really dont see how calling someone a faggot is worse than saying cunt, say 2 guys holding hand on the way to maccas and felt sick

am i the only person that doesnt like the say dont worry about a thing song/chant, not really catchy and is getting quite depressing as we're hearing it a lot lately

You're a muppet.

Have some tolerance, or don't expect anyone in the terrace to tolerate you.

Edited by marteaux
  • Like 1

You called a Brisbane player a "faggot", so I had a chat to you about it.

Homophobic and racist comments are not on, so remember for next time. :)

aww is that what it was for thanks for clearing it up ill be sure to take it out of my rage vocab for next time :)