Melbourne Football

Rudd vs Gillard

cadete

Rudd Vs Gillard  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who do u prefer as PM?

One won't be there come next federal election and the other one is a wanker who refuses to delegate anything.

It will be a minor miracle for Gillard to win her Electorate come state election time.

Neither will be PM when the votes are counted at the end of the next federal election.

Don't mean to be a smart ass but what do you mean by this? Gillard has nothing to do with state politics. She is the Federal member for Lalor. It just happens that her electorate is in Victoria.

Loss of Electorate before Federal election would leave her out running for top job, no?

Joe Hockey for PM. Bloke makes me laugh so hard. Would love to have a fat prick as the leader of our country, regardless of his views on things (which I know nothing about as I just sit there and roff when he's on call during Question Time or on telly).

They are both as incompetent and unpopular as eachother, but have we any worthy as a predecessor who could actually do a better job than either of them? If someone says T Abbot I'll castrate myself with a fork. Guy is a fuck wit.

Rat Face or Mr Sheen, take your pick.. As it's all we've got.

Also: can't seem to like any politicians. They all seem to be snappy wankers and none seem like genuine people. Peter Garrett goes alright as I am a midnight oil tragic and he likes trees and shit but apart from that, meh.

• Like 1

Neither?

Lol before he was destroying the FFA, Clive the other week was destroying the labor party, saying they wont win a seat in the Queensland state election. Whether true or not, given the fact that so many people vote for who they think will win rather than based on policies etc., it would have hurt them even more in Queensland. If they are that screwed in Queensland, come the next federal election they are probably in a spot of bother if they basically have 20% of the country which off the bat isn't going to provide much support.

This whole thing is just hurting the labor party more, can't wait to see the result at the next federal election.

Addressing the question, if I HAD to choose between Rudd or Gillard, definitely Rudd. LOL @ a female in charge of a country, should never happen in all honesty.

Tesla, whilst I agree that Gillard shouldn't be prime minister - Thatcher was pretty good, contrary to popular belief. She is proof that chicks in positions of power make more well thought out, effective and beneficial decisions.

Lol, a lot of people would disagree. Actually I dont mind me some Thacher, strong von Hiyak influence on her policies, of course I would like such a thing (von Hiyak > *).

They're both exactly the same, i can't stress that enough. Push comes to shove, the Caucus still hates Kevin Rudd, he doesn't have much of a hope in regaining the leadership of the party. Personally i find Gillard to be less of a smug asshole than Kevin - watching him talk about foreign policy makes me gag. Also, you have to hand it to Julia, she has balls. Unlike Kevin he pussied away after his ETS got shut down in parliment, Gillard has been pursuing good aggregate supply/environmental policy that will in the long term benefit the country despite widespread dislike, which is impressive.

Nonetheless, I hate my party. Paul Keating for PM again.

Edited by Che
  • Like 1

Thatcher was good because she didn't take shit. She ruled with an iron fist and and a big black cock.

Do people genuinely think these two are the two candidates for the PM role though?

To me, resigning as Foreign Minister is only furthering the point that K-Rudd isn't going for the top job.

However, due to my lacking in political knowledge, I could be wrong.

Am I?

Thatcher was good because she didn't take shit. She ruled with an iron fist and and a big black cock.

Do people genuinely think these two are the two candidates for the PM role though?

To me, resigning as Foreign Minister is only furthering the point that K-Rudd isn't going for the top job.

However, due to my lacking in political knowledge, I could be wrong.

Am I?

Not really, the way I see it either he was forced to resign because he wouldnt back Julia, or he has resigned to make julia's government look unstable and help him mount his challenge. If he didnt resign, challenged, and failed, he surely wouldn't have been around afterwards anyway.

The good news from all this it makes the labor party look bad. Not that I am a liberal party man by any means, too me they are both the same at this stage and they just put forward policies chasing votes rather than maintaining what the party's historically stand for. However, for the lower house, I would vote liberal purely down to how the system is set up. I live in an extremly safe Labor area, so we dont get shit from the government, neither federal or state. So by voting liberal I am at least making the two closer in my seat and therefore increase the odds of the government actually giving a fuck about us.

So if this weakens the labor party, labor party vote drops in my area, the 2 main parties become more even, government starts promising us shit and doing shit to get votes.

Edited by Tesla

Not really, the way I see it either he was forced to resign because he wouldnt back Julia, or he has resigned to make julia's government look unstable and help him mount his challenge. If he didnt resign, challenged, and failed, he surely wouldn't have been around afterwards anyway.

He resigned today because he was in line to be dismissed from the Foreign Affairs portfolio/front bench as soon as he was to return from Washington later this week. Jump before you are pushed as to appear to be the one with the decision making power. Walking out on the portfolio will only help his challenge that would have inevitably been called before parliament resumes next week.

Turns out Gillard is trying to get the jump on him and has called the caucus ballot for Monday. Gives Rudd less time to sure up the numbers and negotiate with the factional leaders for ministry positions if his ticket was to get up.

Edited by Braveheart
  • Like 2

He resigned today because he was in line to be dismissed from the Foreign Affairs portfolio/front bench as soon as he was to return from Washington later this week. Jump before you are pushed as to appear to be the one with the decision making power. Walking out on the portfolio will only help his challenge that would have inevitably been called before parliament resumes next week.

Turns out Gillard is trying to get the jump on him and has called the caucus ballot for Monday. Gives Rudd less time to sure up the numbers and negotiate with the factional leaders for ministry positions if his ticket was to get up.

Strong explanation.

Nah, for once it was legit.

Rudd should have just kicked back as foreign affairs minister, surely one of the best jobs in government. Well being an ambassador or whatever is even better since its more of a kickback, but still gets to travel around the world on the public's dime, be treated like a king in random countries because his on that international delegate time, etc.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

This thread.

Rudd won't get up, as BH noted Gillard has got the jump on him by calling for a ballot at 10am on Monday. Further, it will be interesting to see how KRudd approaches the independents (who are holding the Gillard Govt up), and the Greens. From what we can see in the press (which has been pretty poor unfortunately), most of the Labor heavyweights are backing Gillard.

If most of the talent is backing Gillard, in the unlikely event Rudd gets up, I would be interested to see who forms his cabinet. Unless of course they're all blood sucking mercenaries.

Unfortunately, Federal Labor is a bit of a joke. Luckily, the LNP is more of a joke right now.

Can't believe no one picked up on my Thatcher troll on page 3. Poor form guys.

This another troll?

Rudd won't get up, as BH noted Gillard has got the jump on him by calling for a ballot at 10am on Monday. Further, it will be interesting to see how KRudd approaches the independents (who are holding the Gillard Govt up), and the Greens. From what we can see in the press (which has been pretty poor unfortunately), most of the Labor heavyweights are backing Gillard.

Greens? Why you mention Greens..? Independents..?

This thread.

If most of the talent is backing Gillard, in the unlikely event Rudd gets up, I would be interested to see who forms his cabinet. Unless of course they're all blood sucking mercenaries.

Unfortunately, Federal Labor is a bit of a joke. Luckily, the LNP is more of a joke right now.

Let's get honest...

Gillard will not win because of the jump - She will win because no ALP Politicians or Power Brokers like Rudd because his a control freak hence the amount of senior ministers openly trashing him in the media.

And you obv dislike the LNP and Abbott and could never fathom how someone could vote for them, but you cant not seriously say that they in a worst state than the ALP right now - they will win the next election easily.

Everybody knows this - including the ALP MP's themselves, some of the seats they are set to lose are ridiculous.

Edited by cadete