Melbourne Football
Sign in to follow this  
Shahanga

Running

Shahanga    3,820
6 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

@Shahanga came in at 4.01.36. It's certainly a grind but fairly proud to get my first one done. Course was wet and humid which made it fairly hard.

What really shocked me was just the sheer number of people doing it. Was a big adjustment to have to make. All in all very happy with the experience 

Congratulations. Good effort.

Well you've done it now, joined the 1% of people who'll run a marathon! It's a great feeling.

I knew Berlin was popular but never bothered to look up the field size before. 40k plus? Wow. Not sure I'd enjoy 42 k of practicing my side step though.  

Hellenic Hero    222
10 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

@Shahanga came in at 4.01.36. It's certainly a grind but fairly proud to get my first one done. Course was wet and humid which made it fairly hard.

What really shocked me was just the sheer number of people doing it. Was a big adjustment to have to make. All in all very happy with the experience 

Top work mate! Is it a challenging course?

Shahanga    3,820
On 25/09/2017 at 0:11 AM, thisphantomfortress said:

It has come to my attention that you beat two of the best marathoners in the world in Bekele and Kipsang. Impressive stuff!

22 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

It has come to my attention that you beat two of the best marathoners in the world in Bekele and Kipsang. Impressive stuff!

Haha that was my old man's observation when we watched the highlights of the run. How are you feeling about tomorrow? 

Shahanga    3,820
1 minute ago, thisphantomfortress said:

How was the sun? Looked like there was no cloud cover at all

Sunny. F all shade.

was quite hot near the end. Added to the discomfort that's for sure. I saw a few medical cases. Just glad I didn't join them as one.

9 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Sunny. F all shade.

was quite hot near the end. Added to the discomfort that's for sure. I saw a few medical cases. Just glad I didn't join them as one.

Never great to see, in Berlin I saw one lady go down about 10m infront of me. My housemate did it today. He told me he had a lady in front who had a bit of a toilet case too. 

• Haha 1