Melbourne Football

Newcastle United

ToonHeart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuAVjLpU9cU

Kinnear this morning on his (unconfirmed) appointment. Talking absolute shite. Highlights include:

"I've won manager of the year 3 times" - Complete lie

Pronouncing Yohan Cabaye as "Yohan Kebab", Ben Arfa as "Ben Afree", Cisse as "CeeCee" and calling Managing Director Derek Llambias "Dave Labeezee"

and my personal favourite -

"I've certainly got more intelligence than them, that's for sure" regarding all Newcastle fans.

Still no word from the pathetic owners of my club as usual. What the fuck is happening.

Wow...

Well he won't be having any nights out till 4am in pubs in Tyneside that's for sure.

Derek Llambias (or Lambeezee as he is known by Kinnear) has resigned from the club with immediate effect.

Very glad because he is a horrible bellend, however as he was the pioneer behind this whole 'stability' shite that gave Pardew an 8 year contract you have to wonder what the fuck is going on.

Word on the street is that he had no idea about Kinnears appointment as 'DOF' which is very odd considering him and Ashley might as well be shagging each other. Fingers crossed this is the beginning of the end for our delightful owner.

• Like 1

I'm almost done with this club. It sickens me to watch the club I've supported and a place where my father spent many years working turn into this absolute disgrace. We use to think Freddy Shepherd was bad a few years back and he even can be made good standing next to Ashley. Don't even know what to think but I will guarantee Alan Pardew won't last past October.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The loss against the mackems angers me so much just thinking about it. No passion shown whatsoever, surely Pardew will be out the doors within the next month if these results keep happening.

How bad has Cisse turned these days? I've seriously lost all hope for the lad. He is a flop, only scoring 1 goal in his last 16 appearances.... What a disgrace. Really do hope for everyone's sake that he never gets a start again.

Can see Chelsea beating us 5-0 this week.

Edited by tomby

Someone needs to explain the offside rule to Cisse.

His timing & runs have been dreadful for a long time, it's so frustrating to watch.

I'd rather them give Campbell a run. Not enough local talent in the team.

Edited by TOPCAT

Can see Chelsea beating us 5-0 this week.

Well I was a long way off......

Very average first half tbvh, didn't think we would come out in the second half and do what we did. Once Gouffran scored the first you could just sense it was our day from then onwards. How good was Anita for the 35 minutes he got? Surely he will start this week against Spurs, he simply changed the game for us. Loic Remy unbelievable once again, if we don't offer this man a permanent contract there is seriously something wrong.....

Pardew still a twat in my eyes, what he said in his post-match interview about Mike Ashley was just ridiculous.

Oh well, hopefully we can grab all 3 points at Spurs this week. :up:

Newcastle United's director of football Joe Kinnear attempted to sign a player already contracted to the club, according to the Sunday People.

Kinnear's appointment in the summer was met with question marks about his suitability for the role, not helped by a bizarre interview with talkSPORT radio.

Newcastle then endured a frustrating summer transfer window, with Loic Remy's arrival on loan from Queens Park Rangers their only high-profile signing.

A report in the Sunday People claims that while attending Birmingham's 3-1 League Cup win over Swansea in September, Kinnear was impressed with the performance of midfielder Shane Ferguson.

However, Ferguson, 22, is on loan at Birmingham from Newcastle, having joined the Championship club on a season-long deal in the summer.

A City source told the newspaper: "Ferguson had a particularly good game that night and Joe Kinnear told one of our officials he was interested in signing him.

"At first our guy thought he was joking but then he realised Kinnear did not know Ferguson was already a Newcastle player."

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/254087.html#QT58MJYbxlmR1z4I.99

• Like 1

I still think Gouffran needs to be played central like at Bordeaux.

And then have Remy & Ben Afra either side.

Agreed, Remy against Cardiff a couple weeks back where he was able to cut in on the left side and run rings around their defence is evident enough to play him there. Pardew seems reluctant though to play Ben Arfa against the better quality opposition as he isn't as defensively minded and disciplined as Gouffran. However, Cisse isn't fit enough to wear the jersey and our best option with the current squad would be to play Remy-Gouffran- Ben Arfa. Anita has been class this season and deserves more starts.

I think Antia has looked great when he gets consecutive game time, but who would you drop for him?

I would only think Tiote but even he has played well & was the only one imo who actually turned up against the Mackems.

Edited by TOPCAT

I think Antia has looked great when he gets consecutive game time, but who would you drop for him?

I would only think Tiote but even he has played well & was the only one imo who actually turned up against the Mackems.

The place for Anita I would've thought would be for Cabaye. Not sure if he'll be here come February now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Doing a preseason tournament in NZ against Sydney, Wellington and West Ham

Might look into taking a trip over actually.. 

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20140430/united-confirm-new-zealand-tour_2281670_3795530

I wish this was in Syd or Melb...

Same.. I'm going back in October anyway so not too fussed if I miss it, want to go to see NZ more than anything haha