Melbourne Football

ITT we post bands better than RHCP.

marteaux

Recent influx of RHCP fan boys since they was rumored to be playing at BDO has got me sticky.

I've also heard a few people call them GOAT band across all genres. So I task ye, Heart brethren to post tunes from the 1000's of bands that are better than Red Hot Chill Peppers.

I'll start. The Smiths http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HUMh8GQnDW8

P.s. I expect this thread to become the biggest on this forum...soon.

Edited by marteaux

Recent influx of RHCP fan boys since they was rumored to be playing at BDO has got me sticky.

I've also heard a few people call them GOAT band across all genres. So I task ye, Heart brethren - to post tunes from the 1000's of bands that are better than Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

I'll start things off... The Smiths.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HUMh8GQnDW8

P.S. I will not be satisfied until this is the longest thread on the forum.

Fucked up OP, anyway - the main thing that frustrates me about RHCP is Flea. He has tried all his career and failed to bite Les Claypools trademark playing style...bass players on here will know what I'm taking about.

it aint easy marty

It's actually very easy for example I like to challenge myself by only naming bands that start with 'The'....And S.

The Smiths

The Strokes

The Specials

The Streets

The Stone Roses

The Stooges (Iggy and the)

And so forth...

See its quite easy. All better than RHCP.

Edited by marteaux

I actually place RHCP in the same box as Nickleback, Creed and The Foos.

Edit: As in the MMM playlist.

Strong post. I didn't say RHCP were the worst band of all time though.

Also going to put it out there - I am a massive Grohl fan (Them Crooked Vultures, Nirvana) so I don't mind Foo Fighters early stuff.

WTF does this even mean? Just because the music isnt new, doesnt mean its no good! There is barely anyone out there producing anything unique anymore, with the exception of dubstep(but they are just ripping off dial-up modems).

There's plenty of unique music out there mate have a look around you wont find it on Fox or nova though it's all american teenage rubbish on those stations

Edited by Luke

Have never been a fan. Got given Californication as a gift years ago and asked for the receipt. All sounds the same.

Quite easy to name bands, so don't really see the point in naming any due to the fact I don't rate the one in question.

Edited by Woody

So wait, now we have a thread complaining about another casual and short lived trend?

FFS, just let it pass, and listen to what you think is better and more wholesome music. Laugh quietly in your head whilst you watch people enjoy themselves, whilst you act like you're more cultured or whatever your attitude is.

Smells awfully hipster in here...

• Like 1

I don't need acceptance from anyone faggot, I coudn't give a fuck about what people think of me on a forum.

So why did you need to tell me that? It's all cool, you brave individual, I've had my fun, and now I'll let you continue on.

Please, stay safe.

• Like 1

ITT: Bunch of teens search for acceptance due to hating on popular trend.

The actual fuck...relax

My Bloody Valentine.

But i don't mind some RHCP - Under the bridge is a great arena rock song if that's your thing. But it's not mine usually.

Edited by Che