Melbourne Football

Help a European learn about the A-League?

Vlad

I have just recently joined this forum because it is one of the few forums that actually offer information about the A –League. I am a HUGE football fan. I follow all the top leagues in the world from; League 1, Bundesliga, Premier League, Championship, Seria A and so on. I spend around 14 hours of day on football clear.png

I have a few questions for you if you don’t mind answering them for me of course about football in Australia

- What is the standard of the A-League? Who are the best players etc.

- What is every team like? All I know so far is that Brisbane Roar are supposedly the best team.

- What is the rivalry between clubs like? Who are the biggest rivals?

- Why do you support Melbourne Heart and Melbourne Victory? This is the most important question for me.

Thank you for your help and I apologize if my English is not the best as I am not a native speaker. Also please try and be as honest as

possible :)

Edited by Vlad

Standard: Championship to League One standard

Best Players: Kewell, Emerton, Shane Smeltz are just a few

Every Team: Heart have played a dutch style game in the past, the other teams play the long ball crap that most League One teams play

Rivalry is actually pretty good. Heart versus Victory is the biggest IMO.

1. Not Championship standard yet but definitely has the potential to be, the gulf between Championship & A-League standards are simple things like experience, passing & structure.

2. Brisbane over the past two years, but it's an unpredictable league and frequently there are "upsets".

3. Only one city rivalry at the moment, 2 next season, but biggest rivalries are; The Melbourne rivalry, the Melbourne Victory-Sydney rivalry.

The quality of the league is not too bad at all, considering its been around for less than 10 years.

our problem is money, and poor attendances.

Best players in the league: Fred, Good, Hamill, Behich, Marrone, Dugandzic, Bolton, Redmayne, Colossimo, Germano, Shroj, M. Thompson, Williams. best is probably Hoffman TBH.

Edited by nicotera5

Thanks for the info so far :) I have another question for you guys if you don't mind answering. Why did you choose to be a Heart fan and not a Victory one?

Well my father was a Heart fan and so was his father, as was my great grandfather. It's sort of something that's just been passed down from generation to generation.

• Like 6

I have insomnia which makes me sleep around 5-7 hours a night if I am lucky, even though I attend school, almost every single class I am checking updates on live scores, reading football news or discussing football with my teachers ( a large portion of my teachers are massive football fans). 14 hours was an exaggeration I admit, but I do spend a massive portion of my day on football.

Edited by Vlad