Melbourne Football

Drink Up Thy Cider

perthheart

This seasons trip to aami ended up being a non-starter as uni payments smashed me in the face. However have some funds saved again so should we see a home final I may be able to pull an overnight trip. However, I think a heart v glory final in perth is looking just as likely at the moment. Then the Perth Hearts can demonstrate this chant in full swing. Our words were adapted to:

Drink up thee wahoo (terrible west australian beer that seems to have been adopted as the beer of choice on game days)

Drink up thee wahoo

For tonight we'll merry be

merry be

We'll all go down the (perth) oval

and do the glory over

for theres always more wahoo in the brass (brass monkey hotel is our pre game pub)

x 2 repeat

I asked a mate to get 4 beers between us the other day. He came back with cider. Made me want to rip my tongue out and wash it in one of those internal man made surfing things. Someone ended up drinking it I think.

I did get a beer in the end. That was happy times.

Edited by Cammo

I have not been in Perth for a while, but what was better back there when I lived there was the fact that Lion Nathan owned the local Swan Brewery which meant you usually got the Perth Draught option with the Toohey’s crap at Lion Nathan Pubs (The Cott being the most obvious example).

Carlton Bar >>> Lion Nathan Bar

If the Imp just had VB on Tap as Carlton Pubs usually do I would be happy forever – Alas you can’t have everything.

XXXX is bad, but I reckon Perth Heart will argee that Emu Export is where Bad Beer excellence is truly at...

It’s called The Red Death for a reason.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

I have not been in Perth for a while, but what was better back there when I lived there was the fact that Lion Nathan owned the local Swan Brewery which meant you usually got the Perth Draught option with the Toohey’s crap at Lion Nathan Pubs (The Cott being the most obvious example).

Carlton Bar >>> Lion Nathan Bar

If the Imp just had VB on Tap as Carlton Pubs usually do I would be happy forever – Alas you can’t have everything.

XXXX is bad, but I reckon Perth Heart will argee that Emu Export is where Bad Beer excellence is truly at...

It’s called The Red Death for a reason.

Export is probably the worst beer on earth. Although that being said extremely sessionable once you make it passed the first can. It's so watery that one can usually quite easily turns into ten. Export is better than Emu Bitter though. Now that shit is truly heinous.

385.jpg9310852001126.jpg

Gives me the shits how a lot of pubs are aligned to either Lion or Fosters. My bar sells it's tap space to both so we get a decent variety at least.

Back on the cider topic. I can highly reccomend these if you can find them

scrumpy-product-view2.png

and

6217121958_b32c936575_z.jpg

A heinous rendition of the chant may have come out at The Deen's industry night last night. It did get us kicked out. I blame the security guard who had a glory pin on his shirt though.

• 1 year later...