Melbourne Football

AL Jazira FC vs Melbourne City

MCFCDion

An Al Jizira player got a yellow for diving after the ball ran away from him and he went over Redmayne (who had dived along the ground to try and get the ball).

Then up the other end there was a scramble in the box and Mooy almost poked the ball in, with his hand. The hand of Mooy..

HT 0-0

Well I have probably seen 10 minutes with the stream stopping all the time lol

How has the Malaysian lad played?

First touch of the night was an awkward clear to the touchline, has since looked pretty solid, staying on the good side of his man when al jazira break etc. too early to call though. Kisborono has been pretty ordinary, conceding the penalty aside.

Well I have probably seen 10 minutes with the stream stopping all the time lol

How has the Malaysian lad played?

First touch of the night was an awkward clear to the touchline, has since looked pretty solid, staying on the good side of his man when al jazira break etc. too early to call though. Kisborono has been pretty ordinary, conceding the penalty aside.

Kid needs to sort his hairstyle out too. Will never make it as a footballer with that cut

Sufwan's looked pretty good so far. Made some good challenges, looks composed on the ball and is a decent passer. Has also won a few headers and looks a fairly smart player. Of course these impressions aren't based on much, just his performance in this 1 game.

I'd guess that Kemnedy isn't playing because the club is steadily integrating him into the team, and doesn't want another Engelaar incident.

Not sure what the story is with Paartalu. Perhaps the coaching staff just want to test a midfield of Koren, Mooy and Melling.

No subs 55 minutes in.

Edited by Murfy1

They have decided to give Retre a go and rest Duff.

Williams now striker and Retre RW.

No idea how to explain the 2nd goal. Looked a sure foul as Redders got to the ball and punched it before he was clattered by the Al Jazira player, and the punched goal OG'ed off Kisnorbo.

Pretty sure Mauk and Marino aren't fully fit ATM, so there aren't many other players to give a go to.

No idea how to explain the 2nd goal. Looked a sure foul as Redders got to the ball and punched it before he was clattered by the Al Jazira player, and the punched goal OG'ed off Kisnorbo.

Pretty sure Mauk and Marino aren't fully fit ATM, so there aren't many other players to give a go to.

Murfy

Why haven't they taken young Dekker there? Surely with him scoring in the NYL he was worth having a look at with the senior players

• Like 1

Murfy

Why haven't they taken young Dekker there? Surely with him scoring in the NYL he was worth having a look at with the senior players

Sadly the NYL simply isn't a good indicator of whether players are up for A-League football (even though in theory it is meant to be a production line for A-League talent). Michael Mifsud, a striker who performed terribly for Melbourne Heart, scored a hattrick in his first game in the NYL. Maybe Dekker will be a good A-League player, but NYL form is no convincing reason to believe that that is currently the case.

My thoughts on the match:

- That Safuwan kid looks alright. Would like to see how he goes in another match

- Redmayne can actually save penalties

- The 1st (and only legitimate) goal came down Garuccio's side. A new LB would be very valuable

- James Brown isn't a striker. The team needs a striker like Kennedy ASAP in the team

Overall the team actually looked very good in the first half. Dominated possession, had twice as many shots, had about 7 corners to 1 and so on. But one lapse down Garuccio's side, although it was a pretty solid goal by Vucinic, put Al Jazira in the lead. Then they got a fortunate and flattering 2nd goal. It's hard to know how to evaluate this game because I have no idea how good a side Al Jazira are, but if Melbourne City had a decent goal-scorer up front then I'm certain the team would have got a result from this game.

• Like 1

Murfy

Sadly the NYL simply isn't a good indicator of whether players are up for A-League football (even though in theory it is meant to be a production line for A-League talent). Michael Mifsud, a striker who performed terribly for Melbourne Heart, scored a hattrick in his first game in the NYL. Maybe Dekker will be a good A-League player, but NYL form is no convincing reason to believe that that is currently the case.

My thoughts on the match:

- That Safuwan kid looks alright. Would like to see how he goes in another match

- Redmayne can actually save penalties

- The 1st (and only legitimate) goal came down Garuccio's side. A new LB would be very valuable

- James Brown isn't a striker. The team needs a striker like Kennedy ASAP in the team

Overall the team actually looked very good in the first half. Dominated possession, had twice as many shots, had about 7 corners to 1 and so on. But one lapse down Garuccio's side, although it was a pretty solid goal by Vucinic, put Al Jazira in the lead. Then they got a fortunate and flattering 2nd goal. It's hard to know how to evaluate this game because I have no idea how good a side Al Jazira are, but if Melbourne City had a decent goal-scorer up front then I'm certain the team would have got a result from this game.

It's been the story since last January Murfy

Hopefully we can get defensive reinforcements this month

I think we will just have to go with the froward line with hopefully Kennedy improving it.

• Like 2

Just reinforced our need for defensive players this window and hoping Kennedy can come into the team and be healthy for the remainder of the year.

That Safuwan guy looked pretty good actually. The reports on him as I posted a few weeks ago was that he was technically a very good player and that showed. Looked composed also. Hopefully he can produce that again and he looks a likely type.

Definitely need a left back. Desperately.

Anyone know what Babalj is doing?

• Like 2

Sounds like we were comprehensively beaten.

Duff with zero end product once again. Kisnorbo giving away pens and goals. Gooch getting beaten down the wing.

People who watched it saying we were dominant and still we weren't even close to coming away with a win. Same old story. Could quite well have been a 3-0 belting if not for a miracle penalty save from Redders.

Disappointing, especially with a very strong 11 being fielded.