Melbourne Football

Does the casual culture exist in the A-League?

danepak

it is around probly more in melbourne and sydney as said before i dont like it just personal rather be a dressed up merched boy and stand out.

See this just frustrates me that an outsider has such a view of “Dressers” due to the uniformity of it all, esp as its an understandable assessment TBH.

(No offence to you Bannon).

The art of being a good "Dresser" is to wear the Items that fit into the Scene but Stand Out – Walk the Fine Line and end up on the right side.

The Yarraside End does this better than other Home Ends – but clearly it needs to do it more.

See this just frustrates me that an outsider has such a view of “Dressers” due to the uniformity of it all, esp as its an understandable assessment TBH.

(No offence to you Bannon).

The art of being a good "Dresser" is to wear the Items that fit into the Scene but Stand Out – Walk the Fine Line and end up on the right side.

The Yarraside End does this better than other Home Ends – but clearly it needs to do it more.

no offence taken only reason i dont like it is every buss stop around the big shopping centres had groupds of rat cunts wearing polo's and what not when i was growing up just turned me off it.

but clearly it needs to do it more.

How would making people wear clothes they don't want to wear make our end better? Not trying to pick, but if someone wants to wear a home kit then why is this bad? You can't manufacture a culture if it doesn't want to organically come about.

How would making people wear clothes they don't want to wear make our end better? Not trying to pick, but if someone wants to wear a home kit then why is this bad? You can't manufacture a culture if it doesn't want to organically come about.

True, I mean for those who wish to dress this way to be more inventive as to not have this uniformed effect people see...

Cadete's just a material girl in a material world.

I actually am a Madonna fan, if she had died at age 30 she would of been a legend... ;)

True, I mean for those who wish to dress this way to be more inventive as to not have this uniformed effect people see...

meh! as I said, aesthetically I prefer well dressed over merch, but this 'well dressed' is a personal perspective. For me sports wear belongs on the sports folks, nothing more unattractive than a 90's b-ball singlet and baggy shorts for example. However, I would not suggest that my opinion on style is superior to others, I can only judge myself in all of this and remark on what a certain photographer wears and deem it appealing or not.

Edited by Alloid

meh! as I said, aesthetically I prefer well dressed over merch, but this 'well dressed' is a personal perspective. For me sports wear belongs on the sports folks, nothing more unattractive than a 90's b-ball singlet and baggy shorts for example. However, I would not suggest that my opinion on style is superior to others, I can only judge myself in all of this and remark on what a certain photographer wears and deem it appealing or not.

Nothing makes me die inside more than when I see someone who was born post 94' wearing a 90's NBA jersey.

This topic really doesn't need to keep going on. The question has been credibly answered.

Yes some do dress whilst the majority choose to dress their own way - which is more than fine.

Dressing in branded clothing doesn't mean we are 'game lads' or 'up for it' any old tit could wear a t shirt with some gay shit emblazoned on the front of it and be ready for a scrap.

/thread imo.

• Like 1

Thread was closed old chap, let's not abuse our powers now. Now if you have a problem with my sly little dig against you're taste(s) in fashion, use the private messaging system instead of throwing these false verbal incriminations in public. God knows what my mother will think of me.

As as aside: I sold that jacket for 250, 25x the original price. The indie factor, indeed. ;)