Melbourne Football

Calcio

Tesla

• 2 weeks later...

Predictions for next year?

Ive got Juve retaining it, unless Milan sign 2 quality CM/AM (Poli and Diamanti/Honda) and sign at least one CB and possibly a goalkeeper. 

We are too reliant on El Sha, and as much as it kills me to say it, Balotelli wont be scoring at a goal a game ratio next season. 

Would like to see us sell Robinho, Boateng and possibly Mexes. and if we permanently sign Bojan i dont even ......

Saying that, Poli has the quality to succeed at Milan, and fits the bill by being 23 also. Honda is also class... but is he an upgrade on Boateng? as it could take him time to settle in and im guessing he knows no Italian at all... 

Might need another RW, because we need patience with Niang. Will be one of the most wanted wingers in the game in a few years. hes quality, just needs time to mature and get some more composure. 

if we sign an AM in the shape of Honda/Diamanti expect us to revert back to a 4-3-1-2

i need some time to consider my ladder positions, but i think we have the quality to finish second.  :up:

• 4 weeks later...

lack of posts after quite a memorable tournament for the Azzurri... good to see where we are at anyways. (WC contenders etc etc..)

getting back to Serie A however, Juve have done well to get Tevez, and although i thought #10 should've been retired for a couple of seasons at least, but Tevez is a much more suitable/capable player than Giovinco, who also wanted it. 

The three players Milan should get are Poli, Honda and Ogbanna - but he looks to go to Juve. (how many quality centrehalfs do they want FFS) 

If Milan can get Robinho and inevitably Bojan off the books, Honda or Diamanti needs to be a certainty. 

Poli would bee good for us. he defs is not the most flashiest of players, but he would take some of the creative onus off Montolivo, and provide good cover going the other way also. ill add hes cheep, and comes on relatively low wages. 

Disappointed Milan were able to sign Poli, after we had him on loan last season and decided not to sign him permanently.

Juve doing well, and will continue to do so.
Tevez and Llorente are a strong combination, and should do well together.

Only Inter news worth mentioning is that Mazzari is in and Cassano is out.

Also, Rafa to Napoli, rofffffffff.

Good to see some previously confirmed signings and some rumors go through. Squad is starting to look exciting. Some great young attacking talent in Icardi and Belfodil signed.

Apparently we are now first in the race to Kolarov, I've been waiting for this man to join Inter for years, we were linked to him heavily in his Lazio days, hopefully it goes through.

Guarin looks to be staying, another positive :up:

Just like I successfully tipped last season as Guarin's break out season, going to tip this as Kovacic's year. I expect Real, Barca, City, PSG all coming in offering us 50mil euros or something for him next summer. Croatia are going to win a world cup by 2030 the way they keep producing young talent.

Thoughts on Cassano leaving? 

Icardi will tear shit up, but you've got someway to go to catch up to your city rivals  :up:

Alvarez linked with Milan, but i would prefer we chase Ljajic 

Hopeful XI...

------------------------Abbiati---------------------------

Abate ----- Mexes ---- Zapata ------- De Sciglio

---------------------De Jong ---------------------------

-------------Poli ---------------- Montolivo----------

-----------------------Ljajic------------------------------

--------------Balotelli ----------- El Shaa ----------

No Ljajic = Honda 

we're coming for you Juve....  B)

would kill someone. 

After reports suggest Milan turned down a Real Madrid offer for MarioBalotelli, his agent warns “sooner or later everyone is on the market.”

The striker only made the move to San Siro from Manchester City in January for €20m (£17.6m).

According to the Corriere dello Sport, new Real Madrid Coach Carlo Ancelottiordered his club to make a huge offer in order to tempt SuperMario to LaLiga.

However, the Rossoneri assured he is absolutely not for sale, nor is there any buy-out clause in his contract.

“Will Balotelli be sold? No, for the moment he won’t go, but in football those who are not for sale sooner or later go on the market,” agent Mino Raiolatold the Corriere dello Sport.

“Milan have an important project in place with Mario and he is very happy here. You can be sure he won’t move for now, but tomorrow... I don’t know.

“It is very tough for Serie A to hold on to top players right now, as their revenue is only a third of what English or Spanish clubs make.”

you're back  :o

good to see someone respond ffs

I'm always here mate... I just let you Polentone wank on by yourselves until something of interest comes up :up:

Is that how you treat your real cousins? After all Lazio and the polentoni are pretty much related, they would do anything to stop Roma.

And btw, some real interesting names on Roma's market shortlists.

Good to see some previously confirmed signings and some rumors go through. Squad is starting to look exciting. Some great young attacking talent in Icardi and Belfodil signed.

Apparently we are now first in the race to Kolarov, I've been waiting for this man to join Inter for years, we were linked to him heavily in his Lazio days, hopefully it goes through.

Guarin looks to be staying, another positive :up:

Just like I successfully tipped last season as Guarin's break out season, going to tip this as Kovacic's year. I expect Real, Barca, City, PSG all coming in offering us 50mil euros or something for him next summer. Croatia are going to win a world cup by 2030 the way they keep producing young talent.

Team looks good, and with Dragovic poised to sign the back looks pretty decent. Just read that Roma are backing out of the Nainggolan deal so..fingers crossed

http://acmilan.theoffside.com/2013/7/13/4520554/did-you-choose-ac-milan

reading this got me thinking... did you choose your club or did your club choose you?

Quite true. My dad was born in Napoli but chose the blue side of Milan. He never made me support Inter but something made me prefer il Biscione over il Diavolo

reading this got me thinking... did you choose your club or did your club choose you?

For me, it might have been the name, the colours, the fact that the majority of my extended family in Rome are giallorossi, despite my family having a history of inter supporters.

It might have been that I hate light blue, that totti is a living legend.

I'd say its all of the above put together that determined Roma choosing me.

Backing out coz he chose to go to inter, and he was costing too much. Not worth continuing the talks.

what?

Long story short, he snobbed Roma, so we got Kevin strootman instead.

we don't have the money anyway tbh

Haha, that is so incredibly wrong.

We've got plenty of money, but we're one of the only large clubs in Europe preparing for the financial limits that FIFA will be implementing soon.

Backing out coz he chose to go to inter, and he was costing too much. Not worth continuing the talks.

what?

We've got plenty of money, but we're one of the only large clubs in Europe preparing for the financial limits that FIFA will be implementing soon.

Isn't it uefa, not Fifa, and hasn't it already started?

For me, it might have been the name, the colours, the fact that the majority of my extended family in Rome are giallorossi, despite my family having a history of inter supporters.

It might have been that I hate light blue, that totti is a living legend.

I'd say its all of the above put together that determined Roma choosing me.

most of my uncles and aunties on my mums side are Roma supporters

i didnt support them as a kid because i didnt really have any interest in the game. When people asked me though which team i went for i would say Milan because my dad told me to (he didnt give two shits but that was just his team - probably because he has an auntie and a few cousins living there). he didnt really care, but it stuck with me, and when i started following the game intently... i was already an AC Milan fan!

tbh if it wasnt for my dad mentioning Milan a few times, i wouldve ended up supporting one of Roma, Pescara, Catanzaro or Vicenza - where my grandparents/parents are from. and i couldve even been a Juve supporter as pretty much all my relatives from italy have moved to Turin - and my uncle is a member of Juve.... 

not to say i dont like these teams, but Milan is mine now!  :wub:

what?

well we're in debt but focusing on youth is the best way to go! El Shaa was on like 80,000 Euro's a week before his contract extension!

Impressed with Mertens, Gomez, Tevez, etc...

will make a better league

what?

Long story short, he snobbed Roma, so we got Kevin strootman instead. we don't have the money anyway tbh  

Isn't it uefa, not Fifa, and hasn't it already started?

Sorry, yeah, it's UEFA.

Yes, but as far as I know, they haven't fully implemented it... It's just in a preliminary phase.

what?

where did we get money from then? we spent on kovacic, icardi, belfodil, laxalt and the others we got on a bosman. Moratti said we need to sell to make signings atm 

what?

where did we get money from then? we spent on kovacic, icardi, belfodil, laxalt and the others we got on a bosman. Moratti said we need to sell to make signings atm 

We've not had any money issues recently.

Like I said, Moratti is trying to get the club to conform to the financial guidelines, which is why he doesn't want to spend so much money.

The aim is to try and get football clubs to break even, not lose bags of cash every year.

what?

We've not had any money issues recently.

Like I said, Moratti is trying to get the club to conform to the financial guidelines, which is why he doesn't want to spend so much money.

The aim is to try and get football clubs to break even, not lose bags of cash every year.

Not recently but Sneijder, Coutinho and Balo were sold to balance the books. Moratti is trying to steady the ship like you said, and isnt throwing money at players. 

As I say that though, our bid for Isla has been accepted (6.8mil). He had a shit season last year so not too sure about this one..