Melbourne Football

Sasa Ognenovski

AntiScum

Well, Ognenovski does have a relationship with the club...

957433-sasa-ognenovski.jpg

I'd love to see him at Heart at some point. He showed last night that he is an all around solid defender, a great tackler and a leader on the pitch. Definitely the kind of player Heart should aim for.

Edited by Murfy1

If Og didn't peak so late he would be in one of the top leagues in Europe, its only his age that has prevented him from being picked up by a decent European club I'd say. Always plays well for Australia. Would be hard to get him I think, he is held in very high regard across Asia for obvious reasons and they have bigger money to pay him than the A-League does. His age and the fact he hasn't had an opportunity to make much money throughout his career means he will probably be looking to get paid, and thats fair enough.

Btw, I have a feeling there has been a thread about him in the past?

• Like 3

If he comes back to A league and club needs him, im confident he'll chose our club.

I hope so. I agree with what Tesla said, but if he ever decides he wants to come and play in the A-League I'd definitely want him.

To be honest I'd be quite happy if he was our Australian marquee. We saw how settled we look with madaschi at the back so to have CB's like ognenovski and wielart playing next to each other would be amazing. Combine this with an an international striker (holt) for me our squad would then be strong enough to produce one of the best starting XI in the a league

• Like 1

Would purchase a shirt with his name on the back instantly. He's a gun and a great role model. Still makes an effort to help out his former club Preston as well which resembles Heart's efforts at grass roots level.

Not to mention his tattoo is worthy of the chojek label.

ognenovski.jpg

Edited by MKD
  • Like 1