Melbourne Football

The Worst Ever Footballer Thread

marteaux

Who do you think has been the worst ever player in the A-League, the Premier League, or even your club of choice?

Give them a rate out of 10 and reasons they were so terrible.

For me it's got to be:

EPL - Ali Dia (for obvious reasons) 10/10.

A-League - Can't choose between Maycon, Bobby Petta or Leandro Love. Maycon once again for obvious reasons, Bobby Petta because of his "reputation and experience" but yet still looked like he suffered from cerebal palsy and Leandro Love because he was signed off a few youtube clips and favours to friends. All 8/10 for me.

West Ham (my club) - We picked up a guy called Savio Nsereko from some mid table team from Italy (I think he was half German half Ugandan) for 9 million pounds. Our technical director at the time Gianluca Nani (who signed us some pretty shocking Italians) promised we'd signed a gem and that he was going to turn the league inside out. After a few games, it was clear that this guy had some pretty bad mental problems. He started not rocking up to training and eventually went missing for a month or so. We lateroffloaded him back to Italy for 1m (solid loss of 8m!). Apparently he's gone missing for good now...

Really? Konchesky was passable at West Ham, and pretty handy at Fulham. But his time at Liverpool was pretty terrible.

Where is he now?

Ricardo Quaresma (if I'm thinking of the right player) was quality at FC Porto, and was in high demand across Europe at one point.

Jay Spearing is equal first with Carlos Tevez as ugliest football ever.

And Heurelho Gomes, whilst inconsistent had a few good patches with Tottenham and the club he played for previous to them whose name escapes me.

The rest are pretty shocking though.

Edited by marteaux

Did this guy actually just compare Maycon to Fernando Torres?

Pretty different ends of the stick, mate.

Mario Jardel was a good player at one point, he just stepped up his daily cocaine usage towards the end. Cocaine makes good footballers great in my opinion. Maradona, Mutu, Malouda, Barton et cetera.

Did this guy actually just compare Maycon to Fernando Torres?

Pretty different ends of the stick, mate.

Mario Jardel was a good player at one point, he just stepped up his daily cocaine usage towards the end. Cocaine makes good footballers great in my opinion. Maradona, Mutu, Malouda, Barton et cetera.

well what i meant was there was hype surrounding maycon and torres obviously torres is a better player than maycon

Dean Heffernan.

He is a unit at A-League level. With our current situation in defence, I sort of wish we had kept him...sort of.

I also retract my previous suggestions for worst ever player/s in the A-League in favour ofLorenzo Sipi, from NQF. First ever full blooded Aboriginal to play in the league. He was just shocking. I can't even find the words to describe how shocking, mayne someone else can help?

Lets just say he made Isaka Cernak look like a footballer.