Melbourne Football

HeartFan - Headhunter iPhone app

alexiano

Good stuff mate, well done.

I know your resources are very limited, but if possible, a few of things I'd like to see are;

- 'push notifications'/reminders 24hrs before home/all games.

(I know a lot of people struggle to receive KO information and the club don't really do a hell of a lot to promote home games. It's one of the main reasons many don't turn up. On average only 60% of a given games attendees are members.)

- Semi-detailed player and team stats + league table

- Semi-detailed player Bio's

- 'News' section which allows you to read articles straight from the clubs site

- A twitter/facebook component which allows the club and it's fans to interact/discuss in-game happenings, etc.

Edited by LR9
  • Like 1

Hi Tommykins,

Thanks for the offer. Really appreciate it.

At this stage, the app has been submitted an awaiting approval. Got a few more features to add in the near future so I might take you up on that.

PM me your git username along with some apps you've worked on for me to have a loom over.

I got it today, absolutely loved it!, nice layout and cool features. I liked how you were able to use your jersey maker in the app and the barcode scanner. Only thing I would like is an option for the fixtures to add them to ical, but other than that all is great. Keep up the good work.

Thanks heaps for the positive feedback and for the suggestion for the adding fixtures to Calendar. I'll certainly add that to the feedback suggestions.

any chance this app will be released on android?

Hi christian7.

The app was developed specifically for iPhone as I'm an iPhone developer by trade, and to test the uptake on it.

Android is still a serious consideration, and initial work has begun for it.

5246 as of yesterday. Not sure if its going to automatically update each day or not.

Hi natalie.. Unfortunately the tally is given to me by the club weekly at best, but can understand that people would like it a little more frequently than this.

The app will check the tally whenever you are in the app, but will only give a new figure when it changes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'll rate once the Yarraside app is fixed  :P

Fixed?

I sent out an email about this, when I open the app it says:

"Yarraside needs network connectivity to retrive data for the application. Please reconnect before trying again"

I have solid Wifi and 3G connection, I've reinstalled the app, tried wifi and 3g, refreshed it, no luck.

Here's a screenshot

post-3011-0-43364900-1378253106_thumb.pn

Fixed?

I sent out an email about this, when I open the app it says:

"Yarraside needs network connectivity to retrive data for the application. Please reconnect before trying again"

I have solid Wifi and 3G connection, I've reinstalled the app, tried wifi and 3g, refreshed it, no luck.

Here's a screenshot

attachicon.gifIMG_1165.PNG

Ah right.. I wasn't sure if that was you. I'd hoped it was fixed :(. Need to get Tesla onto it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Whilst not to do with apps, could someone tell me why I am not getting Heart news via Facebook?

I recently set up a Facebook account and have little idea of how to use it. I liked the Heart page and thought this meant I would get updates. I am getting them from the other organisations I have liked.

Thanks tech savvy forum members.

Peter

Whilst not to do with apps, could someone tell me why I am not getting Heart news via Facebook?

I recently set up a Facebook account and have little idea of how to use it. I liked the Heart page and thought this meant I would get updates. I am getting them from the other organisations I have liked.

Thanks tech savvy forum members.

Peter

1. Go to the Melbourne Heart FC page.

2. Hover over the Liked button, to the right of Melbourne Heart FC, directly adjacent to Message.

3. Make sure Show in News Feed is ticked. If it's not, click it.

4. ??? ???

5. Profit.

Edited by Baresi

Thank you sir, just downloaded it!

It's no HeadHunter app, but I'll give it 4 stars for the effort. The Live Tile looks and works great, but If the maker could somehow add a "Membership Counter" to it as well, it might even get 5 stars.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The reason it's broken (for both apps actually) is that the server the chants are on is no longer available. :(

Should be good now guys :)

It will be updated by tonight.

Hey guys, glad the chants are back but I've got one more issue with the Yarraside app. The refresh button causes the app to crash :(

I'm currently on the latest iOS update (7.0.2) on my iPhone 4s