Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart 2011/12 vs Melbourne Heart 2012/13.

MTP

After alot of complaining and whinging about "are we going to sign anyone", "wont have a squad by Round 1" etc. Our 2012/13 squad is starting to come along and IMO looks better than last years group.

IN:

GRAY

VRANKOVIC

MERBRAHTU

GERHARDT

TADIC

REDMAYNE

MCALISTER

GRELLA..?

OUT:

GOOD

HAMILL

ELI

MAYCON

TERRA

WORM

ZAHRA

SHROJ

SARKIES

IBRAHIM

TASEKI

GOODWIN

IMO there is only 4, (maybe 5) loses from that group.

Good, Hamill, Eli and Goodwin.

All of our signings (7) have the potential to make it in the a-league where I think 4-5 of the leaving group had that potential.

IMO with our playing roster we are up +2 from last season.

I personally think we are in for a very good year this year, and are only rated so low amongst the lead, because we are in Victory's "shadow" with there bigger signings. Not fussed about this, as it is exactly what happened last year and looked what happened.

• Like 1

I actually agree, i think we can get better results with these players than with those we lost last year. Moreover, JA won't play two inexperienced CB's at a time, an automatic up on last year's tactics in my view. I'm optimistic about the year honestly.

Good post.

I should get over it, but it hurts to see Zahra's name in the out list. He was my fave player in season 1. I really hope he can get back to his full potential.

i heard his move to perth was more to just get out of melbourne for a change of environment after what happened, and that if all goes well in perth he'll most likely be coming back the season after.

i heard his move to perth was more to just get out of melbourne for a change of environment after what happened, and that if all goes well in perth he'll most likely be coming back the season after.

That's good to know, hope it eventuates.

Also another virtual in from last season is Kalmar. Spent the whole season injured, he will hopefully get a good fun this year.

Good out for Gray

Hamill out for Vrankovic

Babalj out for Tadic

Maycon out for Macallister

Shroj out for Gerhardt

Ibrahim out for Merbrahtu

Roganovic out for Redmayne

With the exception of maybe Vrankovic, you could definitely put a decent argument forward that they're all improvements.

• Like 1

Terra for Golgol :lol:

In all seriousness if Golgol can improve his shooting and find the back of the net just a few times and couple this with some chasing and agility he prob will be more useful player than Terra was last season.

Terra only scored 3 goals last season - Thats the same return as Macallister's for 2011-12.

(Who a lot of posters are complaining about being signed).