Melbourne Football

Hip Hop & Grime

Tesla

Video > beat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pusha > the rest

I didnt like this song at all when it first came out, apart from the beat, none of the verses do the beat justice. But that video is cray.

2 chainz is absolutely rubbish, dunno why this guy has so much hype at the moment, and dont know why he was signed to GOOD Music, doesnt fit with the type of artists they normally sign.

I am also ruling that Big Sean is rubbish. Had a whole album of Kanye & No ID beats, and still delivered a crap album. You could take a random guy off the street, give him an album worth of Kanye & No ID beats, and he would make a decent album, but Big Sean couldnt even do that. He showed he is really good at one liners on that Lemonade freestyle and on Made, and showed he has a bit more depth on Dont Look Down (outshined both Lupe and Kanye), but apart from that everything else he has made is rubbish.

And its not a good look for Kanye saying that Big Sean will be the greatest rapper ever or whatever.

Kanye's verse was pretty bad as well IMO.

This was the pinnacle of Kanye (the beat and chorus on this make it better than the original version he done on his mitape). Bring him back.

ffs how you going to have 2 chainz on the same label as Mos Def, Common (formerly), John Legend, Q-Tip, etc.

Edited by Tesla

Calling out Ellki

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg2RRHbICME

Still think Crooked I is better than Joell?

No idea who he is going at, nothing on the internets at the moment, maybe GOOD music given the beat and a few lines ("this rape shit is y'all dudes dreams" (Getting Our Our Dreams), "on camera you some mean goons" (given the recent video), the lines that are plays on the original), maybe no one.

Building some hype for the Slaughterhouse album no doubt.

Edited by Tesla

Don't know whether this goes in the Dubstep thread or here, but considering it's Frank, here I'ma put it.

"See in my estate, we don't listen to Drake. We listen to Young Tef and J Spades."

Also, shouts to Claira Hermet making an appearance.

Edited by Ellki

What ever happened to LupEND?

Just saw this.

Was meant to be his 3rd and last album, then Atlantic told him no he had 3 more albums so he was turning LupEND into a 3 album series sort of thing with the first one being called Everything (IIRC), but then his next album was announced as being called Lasers, so dunno. Maybe after F&L2 his last album on Atlantic (and maybe ever) will be called LupEND.

Speaking of old Lupe news, whats up with All City Chess Club. When they formed I was quite happy as it was pretty much all rappers I really liked apart from Pharell & Diggy, and now I also see they added my boy Childish Gambino to the mix. They have also apparently added J Cole and Wale, 2 guys I am a fan of and have listened too before their debut albums, as well as Mickey Factz who I dont mind, and someone called Dosage who I havent heard of. Thats according to wiki, Childish Gambino, J Cole, and Wale seems to be the only addition I can semi-confirm, would be more than happy with those additions. Dosage was on the I'm Beaming remix so he might be legit addition too.

Would probably overtake Slaughterhouse as the best group in Hip Hop. The new Wu Tang, etc.

Edited by Tesla

Childish Gambino's website/blog has been replaced with just a page that says JULY 4. Guess thats when the mixtape comes out, bunch of songs already released but hopefully heaps of new shit too.

June 26 - new DMX album

July 4 - New Childish Gambino mixtape

July 10 - New Slaughtehouse album

July 17 - New Nas album

Edited by Tesla

Just saw this.

Was meant to be his 3rd and last album, then Atlantic told him no he had 3 more albums so he was turning LupEND into a 3 album series sort of thing with the first one being called Everything (IIRC), but then his next album was announced as being called Lasers, so dunno. Maybe after F&L2 his last album on Atlantic (and maybe ever) will be called LupEND.

Was thinking the same thing, but haven't heard even a mention of it in over a year.

Speaking of old Lupe news, whats up with All City Chess Club. When they formed I was quite happy as it was pretty much all rappers I really liked apart from Pharell & Diggy, and now I also see they added my boy Childish Gambino to the mix. They have also apparently added J Cole and Wale, 2 guys I am a fan of and have listened too before their debut albums, as well as Mickey Factz who I dont mind, and someone called Dosage who I havent heard of. Thats according to wiki, Childish Gambino, J Cole, and Wale seems to be the only addition I can semi-confirm, would be more than happy with those additions. Dosage was on the I'm Beaming remix so he might be legit addition too.

Would probably overtake Slaughterhouse as the best group in Hip Hop. The new Wu Tang, etc.

Interesting.

My only qualm is that ACCC is getting too big now.

Still very excited, but smaller numbers was better, IMO.

Childish Gambino's website/blog has been replaced with just a page that says JULY 4. Guess thats when the mixtape comes out, bunch of songs already released but hopefully heaps of new shit too.

June 26 - new DMX album

July 4 - New Childish Gambino mixtape

July 10 - New Slaughtehouse album

July 17 - New Nas album

1. Haven't listened to DMX for at least 3 or 4 years now - not interested.

2. Very interested.

3. Crazily interested.

4. Haven't listened to Nas since Hip Hop Is Dead came out - despite him being a legend, only slightly interested.

1. Haven't listened to DMX for at least 3 or 4 years now - not interested.

2. Very interested.

3. Crazily interested.

4. Haven't listened to Nas since Hip Hop Is Dead came out - despite him being a legend, only slightly interested.

1. I'm mainly interested to see what he delivers, been 6 years since his last album. Was never a massive fan but he does have some very good songs and is somewhat underrated.

4. Notsureifsrs, only slightly interested? Its wont be as good as his work from Illmatic to Street's Diciple, and it will be a bit more commercial (dude has ridiculous child support to pay lol) but his still got it. IMO, if I had to choose one guy as the greatest, it would be this man.

If this was released in the 90s it would be an instant classic:

And your boy Rick Ross delivers the verse of his life on one of the tracks, knew he had to step up when he rapping on a Nas song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuSQ-gyOm1g

Bloodline have the grime game is their hands right now.

Since H got out of prison, they've shown just how good they are.

That Logan set that I posted is by far the best grime set I've ever heard, so people like Tesla who don't really listen to grime, get on it.

H in fine form, Prez T effortlessly delivering, Dan smashing it (highly underrated) and Bossman doing his thing.

Shame Pabs didn't step up to the mic.

9 Milli is still the worst, but he's better than he used to be.

Seriously, no grime crew right now comes anywhere close (except maybe Slew Dem?).

OGs are pretty good.

Boy Better Know are degrading very quickly.

Family Tree are quite average.

The Movement and Ruff Sqwad barely do any grime these days.

Roll Deep stopped doing grime ages ago.

Stayfresh are decent, but nowhere near Bloodline's level.

Everyone else that's kinda big (NAA, Invasion, etc. - probably heaps I forgot) are just so far behind.

It's their year to lose.

(Don't really know if anyone cares, lol. Who here actually properly listens to grime? - Looking at you, Yelawolf.)

Edited by Ellki