Melbourne Football

SPL

cadete

Sky have basically said they will be dropping the deal without 4 OF games during the season. Add the fact that clubs basically have no fans showing up (Bar Celtic and maybe Aberdeen and Hearts), add that clubs do rely not heavily but do rely on nevertheless OF travelling 4-5 times a season to boost cash revenue and add the fact that 4 SPL clubs are basically on the verge of Administration. That equals a few clubs going into admin or on the verge for the next few seasons. Despite it being very well transparent that fans from other clubs don't want us back, more than 40% will not show up to all game as prices are ridiculously priced and they are plastics.

Time to kick back in Div.3 with the mighty Berwick Rovers.

the mighty plastic tim, out to gloat but has no clue on the implications it has for his own club.

how many celtic season tickets will be renewed knowing the highlight of the year is playing Kilmarnock?

This is what happens when you don't pay your taxes.

I have to admit I was a bit surprised when I read a thread on another forum that I am a member on:

Where systematically about a dozen devout supporters of different non Old Firm clubs all laid the boot hard into Gers in the most unsympathetic manner – The general feeling was they were all sick of the “You need us” attitude and wanted the club to fuck off to Divison Three.

(A lot of it was a lot harsher than BH's and mine reaction to the whole situation.)

Besides that I won’t really comment on the whole situation - Not point rubbing salt into wounds.

Edited by cadete

well our chant is "no one likes us, we don't care" the facts speak for themselves when the fans held a protest during the season it pulled in 10,000+, the highest attendance for the SPL was 6,500 roughly, As much as they don't like us, we travel and we bring much needed revenue to other clubs. Revenue Elgin, Stranraer and Stirling will be glad of next year I am sure. My only hope is that we stick two fingers up to the corrupt SPL/SFA and join the English leagues.

• 4 weeks later...

I hate Killie pies.

I'm actually pretty optimistic about the whole thing, it gives us a chance to start again and that fan ownership concept is exactly what I wanted to see happen. We can rebuild whilst the rest of the SPL are grasping at straws trying to justify their decision, when they know that without significant ESPN funding the league is going to the wall.

Edited by Attila

Ghod, what a fucken love in...

What is going to happen when Scotland becomes independent?

The "They are Scotland's Team" line is going to look a bit stupid with all those Union Jacks everywhere.

Edited by cadete

Troubled football club Glasgow Rangers looks like it is going be shunned for a third time - on this occasion by the makers of a highly-rated videogame.

Resigned to competing against the likes of Annan Athletic and Elgin City in the third division, Rangers are now unlikely to appear in Electronic Arts' Fifa 13 game either

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/rangers-shunned-by-electronic-arts-fifa-13-game-7946687.html

Soon to come true. Everyday it seems that the SPL's demise is creeping closer and closer, with both Sky and Espn looking to severely reduce their respective deals with the SPL and SFL.

The TV deal does not end for ages, u will be back by then... however so will an real Independent Scotland. :)

The thign about the SPL deal is that the deal entailed at least 2 SPL Rangers v Celtic games per season. So from what various news outlets have stated, is that the broadcaster are looking to reduce the deal for the SPL. Seriously, who would pay to watch a season of Dundee v St Mirren?

The thign about the SPL deal is that the deal entailed at least 2 SPL Rangers v Celtic games per season. So from what various news outlets have stated, is that the broadcaster are looking to reduce the deal for the SPL. Seriously, who would pay to watch a season of Dundee v St Mirren?

Hammer.

• Like 1

Hammer.

I doubt he would even watch them play even if the game was on tv at the gimp.

In brighter news, we are about to sign Ian Black who will hopefully partner McCulloch in the midfield.

Things are taking shape for the squad, expecting this:

GK: Alexander

RB: Cole

CB: Perry

CB: Broadfoot

LB: Wallace

MF: Bedoya

MF: McCulloch

MF: Black

MF: Hutton

MF: Mitchell

ST: Little

With: Gallagher, Hegarty, Dick, Ramsay, McLeod, Naismith and McKay. (Can't remember if it is 5 or 7 in SFL)

A shame Hemmings is injured again, could of played a good starting role, but hopefully his injury woes will be behind him later in the season.

And hoping we do sign one or two more experience lads would complete the squad before the embargo started.

Its goin to be a tough few years for us. we pick up any injuries and we're well in the shit. These clubs will be out to roll us every week. its not going to be easy. coisty and durrant myt have to dust of the boots...

As far as the spl goes, the clubs are already feeling it with a wooping £1000 to spend on players for some clubs this summer. its going to be a bleak year for the smaller spl sides. would be interested to know current season ticket sales for 2012/13 as the fans encouraged their clubs to boycott The Rangers, have they in turn put their hands in their pockets to help out?? The tv deal is gone. from my understanding, espn and sky continued their involvement on the basis that Rangers would only be away for a year, after this season that deal looks like its going to get tore up. while bbc have bought the rights to our first cup games from div 3. But having coistys cup record... we myt not be in them for 2 long!

I still think even with a few injuries the squad that has stuck around is strong enough to win Division 3, the being said no Divy 3 club is just going to roll over and give us a win, the first few games will be a bit of culture shock to the younger players who have gone through a top class youth academy, to playing against defenders that make Ross Tokely look like an angel.

Also just to confirm, no Rangers games will be aired on Setanta?

Also just to confirm, no Rangers games will be aired on Setanta?

At the moment I haven't heard of any other outlets other than bbc Alba. But I expect either sky or setanta to take our scottich cup games. best bet for watchin Rangers games is RFCTV

Upset Black is leaving Hearts to sign for Rangers. http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18714519

Has been a great player (by current standards) for us in the time he has played. SPL quality in Div. 3

Along with Wallace & co. Rangers should do a Juventus. See you in a few years.

Quite surprised by Ian Black still wantin to come to us, after the years of being a cunt to Rangers and becoming a hate figure among us he's going out of his way to get into our good books!

The only silver lining about this whole fiasco is that only true Rangers men remain at the club and I've always felt that passion and pride has been lacking from the days of 9 I A R. I wouldn't say I'm looking forward to the long trek back to the spl but I am excited. A few lads I know from here are travelling back to be at the first few games, bit jealous! I'd say its goin to a laugh goin round all the lower leagues for a few years, well a laugh until a baltic november night at Elgin...

Cliffs on Scotland independence pls

Should be a vote soon, Numbers appear to be in favour of Independece.

After leading the SPL for most of the season a few years back you would think now is the best chance in years to be challenging for top spot. And what is Hearts apiration - second!

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18953186

You woundn't read about it. Oh wait, I just did.

Are you are talking about the season when every time we beat you your owner would claim due to the bad ref the game needed to be replayed?

• Like 1

Are you are talking about the season when every time we beat you your owner would claim due to the bad ref the game needed to be replayed?

No. Well at least not necessarily. Besides, why are you making fun of the SFA conspiracy against Hearts? Vladimir, sorry Mr. Romanov, is only informing the public of the workings behind the scenes in Scottish football. You should appreciate his candidness.

Edited by Peter

No. Well at least not necessarily. Besides, why are you making fun of the SFA conspiracy against Hearts? Vladimir, sorry Mr. Romanov, is only informing the public of the workings behind the scenes in Scottish football. You should appreciate his candidness.

It conflicts with the much longing running and well known conspiracy against Celtic :D

And when ever I think when your Mob were good on the pitch I always end up thinking then of Stephen Pearson...

It conflicts with the much longing running and well known conspiracy against Celtic :D

And when ever I think when your Mob were good on the pitch I always end up thinking then of Stephen Pearson...

As I follow Derby County in England I have a soft spot for Stephen Pearson (despite what he did for Celtic) and Kris Commons as well.

As for goals Hearts V Celtic, this was the last one I saw at Tynecastle