Melbourne Football

The Gallops Only Thread

cadete

52 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Absolute privilege to see Winx do that live on Saturday. Wowee, absolutely brained them.

On the downside, I've hit the quaddie two weekends in a row, both for losses. Losing when your winning, can't get anymore Heart than that!

Smashed them fair and square, at least I got some money back lost on Hartnell with Yankee Rose placing.

Good news is I'm, reading so much retarded shit about Hartnell now, which should mean a better price for the MC which I really can't see Hartnell not winning.

Fwiw, imo rule number 1 of gambling is if you dont place the crazy bets you'll never get the crazy wins so nothing wrong with having a crack on the quaddie (just dont be one of those blokes who pick like 4 horses for each race). I'm kind of annoyed because I was gonna do a first four of winx and hartnell boxed for 1 & 2, and YR and Vadamos boxed for 3 & 4  but didn't bother cause that shit never comes off for me, except it would have this time (could have turned 40 into 1k but oh well). Should have followed my own rule.

Kartem is racing today btw, wasn't particularly interested but today is the worst day of racing I've seen in ages so might be worth a few bucks just to keep me from being bored on account of not even having $500 of pending bets for once. Not even any UK races worth betting on tonight. Need some action.

Edited by Tesla

Bet on the #9 in kartem's race, $6 everywhere. Need trader approval to bet more than 80. Rejected. Odds decrease to 5.50 30 seconds later. All other corps pricing bots copy. My $80 moved the whole market from 6 to 5.50. What a time to be alive.

(It will come back out im sure, just shows how piss weak the corps are and why you can find value in the market if its so easy for someone whose made a few dollars profit to move it)

Edited by Tesla

On 10/24/2016 at 11:20 AM, Tesla said:

Smashed them fair and square, at least I got some money back lost on Hartnell with Yankee Rose placing.

Good news is I'm, reading so much retarded shit about Hartnell now, which should mean a better price for the MC which I really can't see Hartnell not winning.

Fwiw, imo rule number 1 of gambling is if you dont place the crazy bets you'll never get the crazy wins so nothing wrong with having a crack on the quaddie (just dont be one of those blokes who pick like 4 horses for each race). I'm kind of annoyed because I was gonna do a first four of winx and hartnell boxed for 1 & 2, and YR and Vadamos boxed for 3 & 4  but didn't bother cause that shit never comes off for me, except it would have this time (could have turned 40 into 1k but oh well). Should have followed my own rule.

I'm actually quite amazed you beat on Hartnell... thought u were smarter than that.

I am thinking ATM Extreme Choice for the Coolmore, Sacred Elixir for the Derby, Euro Angel for a place in the Myer and He's Our Rockii in the Stakes.

Looking forward to tomorrow now I am a Full Member and allowed anywhere on Course.

Honestly its really close between Extreme Choice and Astern, and it's annoying the Capitalist was scratched as it was adding value to the big two without being a winning chance. I backed Astern on some good fixed odds a couple days ago (subject to some deduction for capitlist), at current prices there isnt much value on either I'd still say maybe Astern is the slightly better bet but it comes down to what happens in the market tomorrow eg if Extreme Choice drifts closer to 3.50 then I'll have to bet EC as well tbh (not at $3 though).

Its kind of annoying tbh as the best thing about Saturdays is you can just bet TF or BOB in the morning or night before, knowing the market wont move too much and if it does shorten the lower percentage of TF or BOB should get you the odds you wanted, but this is one where the two are so close and the prices are pretty spot on on both that it really comes down to what happens in the market closer to the race to see which is the better bet.

For the Derby Sacred Elixir is the right favorite but too short, you'd want well over closer to $4 and not the $3 currently about. I backed Swear a few days ago fixed odds of 9.50 (into 8.50 best odds now), and I think Rocketeer is worth a few $$$ as well at the 18 or so available.

I'm really keen on Whispering Brook in the Myer.

Nothing worth betting on in the Stakes, I'll see in the morning what promos I'm eligible for and if there is something decent or there is a substantial change in the market I might find a bet but right now the market looks pretty spot on and the rae is also pretty open so its hard to find a good bet.

Edited by Tesla

This thread is cursed, literally every other bet I had at flemington won (no fraud).

Anyway jelly of those who went today, nice weather.

On the Cup, Hartnell getting pretty short we'll see what I do about him but I really like Big Orange at current prices. Probably have a few bets with all the promos etc and since there are a lot of runners, and I still think Hartnell is most likely, but Big Orange first bet I'm placing.

On 10/24/2016 at 11:20 AM, Tesla said:

I only won on the Wakeful but "The After Party" AKA @Hackett lived up to his name and delivered on a far more eventful Kicks On's than our actual time spent at Flemington.

Solid Day/Night out.

NOTE: Also WTF was with the Crowd in Members? The crowd was busy but tiny for Derby Day to the point that you pick the right bar and you did not have to even line up.

Edited by cadete

Had my $1 each way on Lasqueti Spirit in the Oakes, will probably have a main bet as well but thought it was okay at 150/1.

Should have backed Yankee Rose all in before last run since I knew she would impress, but all in betting on Australian racing seems to be a really easy way to do your cash.

Edited by Tesla

I honestly had Prized Icon as a saver at $19, dont post that shit and it gets up. Also backed Illustrious Lad after late drift. Those two double figure wins changed the day.

Got raped yesterday though trying out something new at low stakes, lose enough at low stakes and it still adds up lol.

Given Oceanographer's performance in the Lexus and now that he is fancied by many including myself, it really just makes Big Orange look even better and I've topped up a bit more before the 14s are gone as well on him (earlier bet was at 17). Oceanographer isn't much more than a decent handicapper in the UK (same could be said about Qewy) a different class from Big Orange, the 5kg between them is pretty fair for Big Orange.

Love those straight sprints like the first, that additional variable of which side to be on is huge, the favourite would have won by 10 lengths if it was on the correct side, instead it barely gets 3rd. Even better in the UK where they have like 30 runners in those.

Had a big go on the winner in the second, fucking betfair crashed wanted to get on the betfair sp with their best tote guarantee, would have for sure been better with the drift. Gonna be a good day.

Take fixed odds on the cup if your selection is top odds at one bookmaker, the percentage of the top odds at each bookmaker ends up being really low nothing is beating that. Got  5 picks in all because of this low as fuck percentage no reason not to.

Edited by Tesla

45 minutes ago, hedaik said:

Only picked 2 winners, unfortunately just happened to be the ones paying $2. 

Was good to cross the Cup off the bucket list but think I'll stick to the other days. The main race doesn't seem to have the same kind of aura about it at the track as it does on TV. 

I think its more the on track atmosphere has really died in the past five years, a lot of girls just aren't into like they once were for the reasons Strider mentioned and its affecting the Carnival a lot harder than PPL would think...

Like I mentioned the other day, myself being able to walk up and order a drink on the second top level in the Members twenty minutes prior to the Derby was a really bad sign.

56 minutes ago, cadete said:

Anyone beating the Oaks, I am trying look for some value in a Runner for a Place Bet... its a pity the Wakeful Winner is taking on Yankee Rose, then again its probably because Weir is smart and knows 2500m to too far for it now/or in general.

I honestly think $1.65 is a decent price. She's one of the best 3yo fillies of recent years even a Miss Finland didn't run as well in a Cox Plate and appears the 2500 is absolutely no issue. 

37 minutes ago, HeartinHobart said:

I honestly think $1.65 is a decent price. She's one of the best 3yo fillies of recent years even a Miss Finland didn't run as well in a Cox Plate and appears the 2500 is absolutely no issue. 

I agreed at Set Weights in a Classic you would think even if she is not 2500m horse she will win on class alone...

The thing is its a very open race outside of her and the other two placings could pay alright due to Place Odds  not being as good indicators on a horses chance to play due to the amount of EW Betting that occurs in Big Races.

4 hours ago, HeartinHobart said:

I think that price is borderline, just a tick higher and I'd back her.

Bella Sorellastra worth a crack tbh.