Melbourne Football

Calcio

Tesla

@Baresi: What were Inter thinking with the home strip this year? Tragedy. Apparently Interisti were seething with rage when it was first released. Pin stripes? Yuk

Inter-Milan-2014-2015-Nike-Home-Football

Pin stripes have never looked good at the track and they don't look much good here either...

Especially seeming though this is the first time in their history the Nerazzurri wont be wearing their traditional blue and black stripes. Why fuck with a classic?

Posted that in the kit thread last week.

Looks nice IMO, but SHOULD NOT BE AN INTER HOME KIT.

Would have happily had it as a 3rd kit, though.

The cut and the collar are shmick IMO but the pinstripes look ghastly. 

Personally, I like pinstripes on football kits.

De Vrij set to complete Lazio move

By Football Italia staff
de-vrij-holland490ai_7.jpg

Stefan De Vrij has agreed terms with Lazio and will arrive in Rome shortly to complete a move.

The Netherlands international has been heavily linked with a move to the capital side this summer, but a switch was thrown into doubt with rumours that Manchester United could be interested.

However, Sky Sport Italia claim that Stefano Pioli’s men have an agreement withFeyenoord, as well as the defender, with a transfer likely to be announced shortly.

The station believes that the 22-year-old is set to fly into Rome either tonight or tomorrow to have a medical.

http://www.football-italia.net/52738/de-vrij-set-complete-lazio-move

in b4 he signs with Roma

By Football Italia staff

Stefan De Vrij has agreed terms with Lazio and will arrive in Rome shortly to complete a move.

The Netherlands international has been heavily linked with a move to the capital side this summer, but a switch was thrown into doubt with rumours that Manchester United could be interested.

However, Sky Sport Italia claim that Stefano Pioli’s men have an agreement withFeyenoord, as well as the defender, with a transfer likely to be announced shortly.

The station believes that the 22-year-old is set to fly into Rome either tonight or tomorrow to have a medical.

in b4 he signs with Roma

Good one.

Why are all italian clubs so risk adverse, every fucking transfer is a loan with an option to make it permanent at the end of the season.

While sort of on the subject, getting rid of co-ownership is shit, it's a great system of spreading the risk and giving the club a player plays for more of an incentive to develop the player than a simple loan would (which doesn't really give any incentive) or buying the player with the selling club retaining a buy back option does (upside potential is unlimited in co-ownership), not to mention it was one of those things that make Italian football unique. Yes, there are many options to creating a similar result, but none beat it in effectiveness and simplicity.

By Football Italia staff

in b4 he signs with Roma

Good one.

Davide+Astori+PXeUbgLG7wfm.jpg

Edited by Libero

Why are all italian clubs so risk adverse, every fucking transfer is a loan with an option to make it permanent at the end of the season.

While sort of on the subject, getting rid of co-ownership is shit, it's a great system of spreading the risk and giving the club a player plays for more of an incentive to develop the player than a simple loan would (which doesn't really give any incentive) or buying the player with the selling club retaining a buy back option does (upside potential is unlimited in co-ownership), not to mention it was one of those things that make Italian football unique. Yes, there are many options to creating a similar result, but none beat it in effectiveness and simplicity.

The Italian clubs doing the loan with option to buy are the smartest. if you look at most clubs' financial situation it is much less risky and guarantees that if your player turns out to be a flop, it is only for the season.

Agree on the co-ownership, except the fucked thing about it was that if no fee could be agreed, it goes to a blind auction which is not the best. It was very good for young players, and their development ie. Berardi, Zaza at Sassuolo, Immobile at Torino, etc...

The Italian clubs doing the loan with option to buy are the smartest. if you look at most clubs' financial situation it is much less risky and guarantees that if your player turns out to be a flop, it is only for the season.

Yeah, but it comes at a premium.

Agree on the co-ownership, except the fucked thing about it was that if no fee could be agreed, it goes to a blind auction which is not the best. It was very good for young players, and their development ie. Berardi, Zaza at Sassuolo, Immobile at Torino, etc...

What's wrong with a blind auction? The team which values the player more will win.

Don't forget Adriano on that list of co-ownerships.

Who will be Inter's new striker addition, Destro, Osvaldo, or Hernandez? I'd put Destro as a slight favourite ahead of Osvaldo, we'd be keen for Destro's HG status

Edited by Tesla

What's wrong with a blind auction? The team which values the player more will win.

Who will be Inter's new striker addition, Destro, Osvaldo, or Hernandez? I'd put Destro as a slight favourite ahead of Osvaldo, we'd be keen for Destro's HG status

Destro will remain at Roma. Keep dreaming.

True, it is at a premium. however, that premium would be much less than if (like Milan with Matri), you pay 11mil Euros for a player + wages and end up not wanting him. then, you cant sell something no one wants, rather than his loan ending.

In terms of the blind auctions, do you really think owners like this? Especially when one of the clubs offers $0...

True, it is at a premium. however, that premium would be much less than if (like Milan with Matri), you pay 11mil Euros for a player + wages and end up not wanting him. then, you cant sell something no one wants, rather than his loan ending.

In terms of the blind auctions, do you really think owners like this? Especially when one of the clubs offers $0...

Well, blind auctions are better for the losing side, which I'd argue most of the time will be the smaller team, which makes it a pretty decent equality measure.

Edited by Tesla

• 2 weeks later...

so Wolfsburg have apparently bid 25 mil euro's for Destro...

(if true) surely Roma must sell, since he's basically 3rd choice striker and injury prone. 

i can see the potential in him, but anything about 20mil is surely too much to refuse?

Apparently we rejected €25m for Icardi, maybe that was from Roma? Probably thought they could sell Destro and then sign a younger guy to replace him.

(if true) surely Roma must sell, since he's basically 3rd choice striker and injury prone. 

i can see the potential in him, but anything about 20mil is surely too much to refuse?

Apparently we rejected €25m for Icardi, maybe that was from Roma? Probably thought they could sell Destro and then sign a younger guy to replace him.

Would straight-swap those two any day of the week.

Need to get the rotten filth that is Icardi out of the club ASAP.

Can't stand the bloke.

only 2 years difference between the two, so that would be a weak argument if Roma said that. 

They already have Totti, Ljajic, and Boriello who can all play up front, so even if they sell Destro do they really need another ST? The only thing they should be doing if Roma did need a new striker is to buy a guy like Chicharito - a guy who has a proven record of coming off the bench and scoring. ie. a poacher 

There's also rumours that Milan are after Alex Song. Makes a lot of sense and would love to see it go though - Song is my type of player.

Song - NDJ - Poli midfield looks especially strong in a 4-3-3

only 2 years difference between the two, so that would be a weak argument if Roma said that. 

They already have Totti, Ljajic, and Boriello who can all play up front, so even if they sell Destro do they really need another ST? The only thing they should be doing if Roma did need a new striker is to buy a guy like Chicharito - a guy who has a proven record of coming off the bench and scoring. ie. a poacher 

There's also rumours that Milan are after Alex Song. Makes a lot of sense and would love to see it go though - Song is my type of player.

Song - NDJ - Poli midfield looks especially strong in a 4-3-3

Lol, I was just talking shit. Apparently Roma were/are one of the clubs interested in Icardi, and apparently there was a 25m euro bid, so I just put the 2 together for discussion's sake.

FWIW, saying "only 2 years difference between the two" is the weak argument, as those are probably the 2 most important years in a player's development. We're not talking about the difference between a 26yo and a 28yo, it's a 21yo and a 23yo.

Edited by Tesla

Yeah, so Destro is a first choice strike along with Totti. They will both play roughly equal minutes to manage Totti through the season, assuming Totti plays that role. Destro is not third choice. Ljajic will float from the wing to the middle as needed. Boriello is a distant third choice and will rarely play. Destro is a key player for the squad and I can't see him being sold. New owners are trying to build a winning team, not a sales yard. Ljajic and Benatia are the ones who might be sold. Benatia is the only one likely to be sold, and it will be for a load more than 37mil that Mou and Man U are offering.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

coming back to this - why would Torino loan out Alessio Cerci who is 27 to Atletico Madrid?

obviously, loan deals are good for younger players to get game time, or older players for clubs to get them off their wage bill (Torres) etc

but Cerci - in his prime - and Torino's biggest attacking weapon with Immobile gone, it really makes no sense for me. 

relegation for i granata? 

also that Lazio defence  :hoff:

almost forgot how good il faraone was btw....

Edited by Libero

coming back to this - why would Torino loan out Alessio Cerci who is 27 to Atletico Madrid?

obviously, loan deals are good for younger players to get game time, or older players for clubs to get them off their wage bill (Torres) etc

but Cerci - in his prime - and Torino's biggest attacking weapon with Immobile gone, it really makes no sense for me. 

relegation for i granata? 

also that Lazio defence  :hoff:

almost forgot how good il faraone was btw....

Is Cerci on loan? Reports say he signed a 3 year deal? And if it is a loan with an option to buy they'd obviously be getting a fee for sending him on loan as well.

I don't see them getting relegated, they still have some good players.

Edited by Tesla

Is Cerci on loan? Reports say he signed a 3 year deal? And if it is a loan with an option to buy they'd obviously be getting a fee for sending him on loan as well.

well that's weird....

most websites are saying its a 3 year deal, but eurosport (where i first read it) says:

The Liga champions had already been linked with the 27-year-old, but made a final push on the eve of the transfer deadline.

“Atletico Madrid and Torino FC have reached an agreement for the transfer of Alessio Cerci, pending the appropriate medical examination and signing of the contract by the player.

“The Italian international would commit for the next three seasons.”

Cerci will fly out for his medical tomorrow and it is widely reported it’s a loan deal with option to buy for a total €19m.

“The agreement reached with the Torino for the transfer of Cerci is a joy for all,” said Atletico sporting director Jose Luis Perez Caminero.

“It was a clear objective to finish strengthen our squad ahead tackle all the challenges that lie ahead this season.

“We’ve had to make a major effort after all the operations we have done this summer, but we are convinced that it has been worth it because I believe he can be a key to our team.

“He can provide us overflow, speed, goals ... We will foster more alternatives in our attacking game.”

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/serie-torinos-cerci-joins-atletico-madrid-192606585--sow.html

so who knows. 

just remembered they signed Quags as well. probably wont go down, but might get into some trouble. 

well that's weird....

most websites are saying its a 3 year deal, but eurosport (where i first read it) says:

The Liga champions had already been linked with the 27-year-old, but made a final push on the eve of the transfer deadline.

“Atletico Madrid and Torino FC have reached an agreement for the transfer of Alessio Cerci, pending the appropriate medical examination and signing of the contract by the player.

“The Italian international would commit for the next three seasons.”

Cerci will fly out for his medical tomorrow and it is widely reported it’s a loan deal with option to buy for a total €19m.

“The agreement reached with the Torino for the transfer of Cerci is a joy for all,” said Atletico sporting director Jose Luis Perez Caminero.

“It was a clear objective to finish strengthen our squad ahead tackle all the challenges that lie ahead this season.

“We’ve had to make a major effort after all the operations we have done this summer, but we are convinced that it has been worth it because I believe he can be a key to our team.

“He can provide us overflow, speed, goals ... We will foster more alternatives in our attacking game.”

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/serie-torinos-cerci-joins-atletico-madrid-192606585--sow.html

so who knows. 

just remembered they signed Quags as well. probably wont go down, but might get into some trouble.

May have signed a 3 year deal pending the option being taken, either way there would be some sort of upfront fee like 2mil for taking him on loan. Might also be one of these 'forced options' that are becoming popular because of FFP, where the option is automatically taken at the end of the season, to move payments to a later date when it works out better for the clubs in regard to FFP calculations.

They have a few good players, Darmian played at the WC, Padelli has just been called up to the NT, Nocerino has played for the NT previously, and of course, 'Quags'.

true, forgot about Darmian....

I know its a couple days too late, but predictions?

I see:

1. Roma

2. Juventus

3. Fiorentina 

------------------

4. Napoli

5. Milan

------------------

6. Inter Milan

7. Atalanta

8. Lazio

------------------