Melbourne Football

F.C. Internazionale Milano

Tesla

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Won the NextGen series, beating Ajax on penalties in the final.

We have had a few good players come through the youth system in recent times so not too surprising and good to know there is more to come.

Edited by Tesla

Ranieri sacked. Repalced by youth team coach Andrea Stramaccioni.

I support this action. There really was no other possibility after his recent success and everyone knowing Ranieri would go at the end of season anyway. Like this we can see if Stramaccioni is the man for the job rather than just having Ranieri play out the season to no avail. I think Stramaccioni will prove himself.

My mind is blown that on wiki it says he has an "unusually high IQ of 168". Thats not unusually high, thats incredible. IQ has a mean of 100 and SD of 15, so that would put him in the top 0.0003% in the world by my calculations.

Lets see how that translates to managing the team.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So it begins, the great rise of Coutinho. Was bound to happen at some point, only injury can stop him this season.

Also going to have to find my post where I said Guarin will have a monster season this year, so I can start preparing to quote it and append "Tesla gonna Tesla" to it, as its looking more likely.

Also expecting a big season from Milito, forgot which player it was but they said he is destroying it in training.

The only big problem is defence, Ranocchia, Silvestre, and of course Chivu dont fill me with confidence at all. Handanovic is a world class keeper but we are probably going to end up relying on him too much.

Edited by Tesla

Likely starting line-up, with our current squad, IMO;

Handanovic

Maicon Samuel Silvestre Nagatomo

Zanetti Guarin Cambiasso

Sneijder

Palacio Milito

Midfield could easily be mixed up with the likes of Stankovic, Alvarez, Coutinho, Mariga, etc.

Coutinho, Obi, Palacio, Longo and Castaignos could all play on the wings with a change of formation as well.

"Last season I struggled to do anything, really. But I've worked hard to reach this stage of pre-season in top shape so that I can go on to have a great season," Ranocchia stated to the official Inter website.

"I'm striving every day not just to be a better player, but to become the best. I've learnt from the mistakes I made last term and I'm trying to make up for it.

"I've paid my dues and worked my way up through the different categories. Now I hope to stay here for as long as possible and prove that I'm worthy of this shirt."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2012/07/25/3263974/i-want-to-become-the-best-says-inters-ranocchia

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Dunno how to feel, it's an end of an era and there is obviously uncertainty in what the new owners will do, but I think it's positive overall because I don't think Moratti would sell to someone who doesn't have the club's best interests at hand, and the article says the 70% share was acquired through an increase in capital (rather than them paying Moratti for the 70%) which does mean we get the new investment we need.