Melbourne Football

Which Melbourne?

jmr

Victory are big, dumb, arrogant, and self obsessed. I like to think we act with a bit more class.

When Heart came along, Victory had the chance to welcome the challenge of having a local rival and consider the benefits of it growing the game as a whole. They could have seen the bigger picture and, while not doing us any favours, could have at least been open to the idea that two clubs in Melbourne is better than one - that the competition and the game is more important than their own self centred and insecure need to be the biggest. But like a spoilt child, the attitude from the club as a whole can be summed up by those Fuck off Heart scarves. 

Mind you, their hostility has only fuelled my desire for this club to succeed at every level and eat into their previous dominance.

I think the idea that the clubs serve the game and not the other way around is ingrained in the foundation of Heart. While we might not successfully uphold the club's ethos at times, things like community engagement, a committment to an attractive playing style and developing young players for bigger things are the sort of things the club was committed to from the start. Victory was lacking in these things, and that they've now adopted some of these principles is a complement to what Heart have contributed since we began.

I could go on, but don't have time now.

That's been the most surprising thing for me. I've been following the Heart since the inception but have begun getting more active in terms of my support this season (buying a membership, going to games, hopping on forums/facebook pages etc) and one of the first things that has struck me is the attitude that Victory fans have towards the Heart. 

Clearly this is a rivalry, but the Victory's stance seems to be more one of belittling hatred and wishfully hoping for our team to fold than some sort of competitive/geographical dislike. As an Arsenal fan I passionately hate Tottenham, but I respect Tottenham's right to exist and I enjoy the rivalry between our two sides, unlike Victory fans who just want the Heart gone so they can dominate the landscape in this state.

I'd chosen the Heart (or had it chosen me?) well before I'd seen that attitude of the Victory supporters but that hatred and disrespect has fueled my desire to see us achieve success as soon as possible to put those mongrels back in their place.

• Like 1

Victory are big, dumb, arrogant, and self obsessed. I like to think we act with a bit more class.

When Heart came along, Victory had the chance to welcome the challenge of having a local rival and consider the benefits of it growing the game as a whole. They could have seen the bigger picture and, while not doing us any favours, could have at least been open to the idea that two clubs in Melbourne is better than one - that the competition and the game is more important than their own self centred and insecure need to be the biggest. But like a spoilt child, the attitude from the club as a whole can be summed up by those Fuck off Heart scarves.

Mind you, their hostility has only fuelled my desire for this club to succeed at every level and eat into their previous dominance.

I think the idea that the clubs serve the game and not the other way around is ingrained in the foundation of Heart. While we might not successfully uphold the club's ethos at times, things like community engagement, a committment to an attractive playing style and developing young players for bigger things are the sort of things the club was committed to from the start. Victory was lacking in these things, and that they've now adopted some of these principles is a complement to what Heart have contributed since we began.

That's been the most surprising thing for me. I've been following the Heart since the inception but have begun getting more active in terms of my support this season (buying a membership, going to games, hopping on forums/facebook pages etc) and one of the first things that has struck me is the attitude that Victory fans have towards the Heart.

Clearly this is a rivalry, but the Victory's stance seems to be more one of belittling hatred and wishfully hoping for our team to fold than some sort of competitive/geographical dislike. As an Arsenal fan I passionately hate Tottenham, but I respect Tottenham's right to exist and I enjoy the rivalry between our two sides, unlike Victory fans who just want the Heart gone so they can dominate the landscape in this state.

I'd chosen the Heart (or had it chosen me?) well before I'd seen that attitude of the Victory supporters but that hatred and disrespect has fueled my desire to see us achieve success as soon as possible to put those mongrels back in their place.

Don't forget Kevin dirty muscunt

Any club that allows player to be that dirty then makes him a captain is obviously totally delusional while supporting his behavior.

To put him on the coaching team was just ridiculous and typical of mv condoning what he did while playing.

Looks like that Chilean bloke picked up muscat's arm flinging tricks........ If you miss them with your studs, swing elbow/forearm.

Once again, not helping. All you guys seem to do is bag out the opposition. (which is fine)

But how about talking about the positives of our club and support instead? If this guy is serious about this, give him positives.
If i were in his position right now, going off most of your responses, i would leave this forum and go elsewhere.

fuck sake, common sense

When Heart came along, Victory had the chance to welcome the challenge of having a local rival and consider the benefits of it growing the game as a whole. They could have seen the bigger picture and, while not doing us any favours, could have at least been open to the idea that two clubs in Melbourne is better than one - that the competition and the game is more important than their own self centred and insecure need to be the biggest. But like a spoilt child, the attitude from the club as a whole can be summed up by those Fuck off Heart scarves.

I think the idea that the clubs serve the game and not the other way around is ingrained in the foundation of Heart. While we might not successfully uphold the club's ethos at times, things like community engagement, a committment to an attractive playing style and developing young players for bigger things are the sort of things the club was committed to from the start. Victory was lacking in these things, and that they've now adopted some of these principles is a complement to what Heart have contributed since we began.

Any club that allows player to be that dirty then makes him a captain is obviously totally delusional while supporting his behavior.

To put him on the coaching team was just ridiculous and typical of mv condoning what he did while playing.

Looks like that Chilean bloke picked up muscat's arm flinging tricks........ If you miss them with your studs, swing elbow/forearm.

Yep, can't forget him.

An absolutely disgraceful footballer, his tackle on Zahra epitomized how he behaved for his entire career; as a thug.

Once again, not helping. All you guys seem to do is bag out the opposition. (which is fine)

But how about talking about the positives of our club and support instead? If this guy is serious about this, give him positives.

If i were in his position right now, going off most of your responses, i would leave this forum and go elsewhere.

fuck sake, common sense

We've got the best selling points.

You'll be following a club that listens and connects with fans. We have a contactable CEO, GM of Operations and media team. You will be a part of shaping our club.

We have a philosophy built on real football. Heart have a responsibility to develop then integrate youth into the first team. You'll see players grow. Good, Hamill, Marrone and Behich just some examples.

Our club believes in community engagement beyond just saying they do. Since day one, we've seen it.

We play at a proper football stadium in the Heart of Melbourne's sporting precinct. We won't sell out on this for dollars. AAMI is our promise land.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Yep, can't forget him.

An absolutely disgraceful footballer, his tackle on Zahra epitomized how he behaved for his entire career; as a thug.

That tackle on Zahra was his last involvement as a player since he received a red card and if I remember correctly a 6 week suspension...and that was in his first game back after serving another red card suspension!

Yep, can't forget him.

That tackle on Zahra was his last involvement as a player since he received a red card and if I remember correctly a 6 week suspension...and that was in his first game back after serving another red card suspension!

He played in asian champions league after that but it was his last involvement in the a league

Yep, can't forget him.

He played in asian champions league after that but it was his last involvement in the a league

Until he is appointed MVFC Manager when Ange leaves for the Socceroos in the next month...

so glad I finally found this forum! after being a massive heart fan for ages! I have all the gear and get to every game, its nice to find a place in the online world to share my passion!

One picture of our awesome fans sums up which team is the best in Melbourne, and really shows our passion! Go heart!

1051bno.jpg

so glad I finally found this forum! after being a massive heart fan for ages! I have all the gear and get to every game, its nice to find a place in the online world to share my passion!

One picture of our awesome fans sums up which team is the best in Melbourne, and really shows our passion! Go heart!

1051bno.jpg

Getting bored at school kiddy? :up:

1051bno.jpg

A "Bored A League Photoshop Fan" this bloke must be a devil with the ladies. :up:

• Like 1

1051bno.jpg

Give them glow sticks and tiesto's goal song!!

1051bno.jpg

A "Bored A League Photoshop Fan" this bloke must be a devil with the ladies. :up:

Propa lady killa this one. :up: :up:

1051bno.jpg

that kid the the pony thing is in my class. first class spud. easily the most annoying kid i've ever met. why. why is he in this beautiful picture?!

Guys... guys

Hey guys

Hey, hey guys

I think I finally figured it out:

Melbourne Victory represents Victoria as a whole / outer outer outer suburbs (victory, victoria – blue and white [victorian flag colours])

Melbourne Heart represents the “HEART” of Melbourne (i.e. the city, Melbourne itself – rename it to Melbourne City Heart if you have to). Strip is Red and White – that of the Flag of the City of Melbourne.

It’s like saying what distinguishes Manchester United (based outside Manchester the city, itself) from Manchester City. 
In this case, Victory = United, Heart = City.

Either way the girls in blue are flogs  :D 

Edited by strider

Guys... guys

Hey guys

Hey, hey guys

Melbourne Victory represents Victoria as a whole / outer outer outer suburbs (victory, victoria – blue and white [victorian flag colours])

Melbourne Heart represents the “HEART” of Melbourne (i.e. the city, Melbourne itself – rename it to Melbourne City Heart if you have to). Strip is Red and White – that of the Flag of the City of Melbourne.

It’s like saying what distinguishes Manchester United (based outside Manchester the city, itself) from Manchester City. 

hey

Guys... guys

Hey guys

Hey, hey guys

- I don't live in Melbourne

- I support Melbourne Heart

• Like 1

If you follow AFL then Victory is the Collingwood/Essendon of the league. Rich, arrogant and self entitled. Their supporters are typically loud and ignorant, and they have a history of having wankers like Archie Thompson playing for them.

They also have Kevin Muscat, an ex-player that epitomises toughness and hardness, just ask him. That is of course assuming that being tough and hard involves being an absolute arsehole and deliberately and recklessly hurting players when they are in a position where they are unable to defend themselves. Just check out the following video where he oh so bravely breaks a young players leg, putting him out for an entire year and potentially damaging his career: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37eln66RNj0

If you want to support a club that embraces that crap, go for Victory.

Also, and this is another reason why I selected Heart, consider the relative histories of the clubs.

Victory have been around for nearly 10 years, and have won premierships in that time. Over 20,000 people got to be involved in those years as supporters, and I'm sure are proud to say they experienced the rise of their club. If you jump on the Victory wagon now, you will be supporting a club that you've never had the enjoyment of seeing grow. If you support Heart you haven't missed the club winning anything yet, and can instead see us rise for our first premiership, and say you were among that loyal first 8,000 or so that were on Heart from the start.

Apart from the Collingwood Essendon comments I agree 100%  ;)

Well.....Ignorant I disagree with, but loud I'll accept!

Guys... guys

Hey guys

Hey, hey guys

Either way the girls in blue are flogs :D

FFS...

Guys... guys

Hey guys

Hey, hey guys

tumblr_lf5tngtNzn1qfi3ieo1_500.jpg