Melbourne Football

Fan Forum

kingofhearts

Just wondering if anybody here is going to the fan forum tommorow at aami park?? Also wondering for any sydney people on here who have already gone to the first one, was it worth going??

Details can be found here about it:

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/have-your-say---forums-this-week/59670

Thanks for the concise report. I was thinking of going, but thought it may have degenerated into an "us against them" debate over the recent negative press we've had. Will definitely go next time. Also agree with your comments on the next Heart Fan Forum being more tightly structured.

Thanks for the summary of the forum.

Did anyone ask what venues will be used for the asian cup?

Yep, that was a point raised in relation to spreading more Socceroos matches around Australia. Gallop said that choice of venues really got down to which state governments were prepared to fork out money to get games to their cities. He said running the event was an expensive exercise and FFA had to rely on $$$$ from governments and sponsors to stage the event. So it turns out that games will be in on the eastern side of Australia in NSW, Vic, checking the internet, also in Queensland and ACT. Gallop said Melbourne would host the opener and that Melbourne would get one of the finals - I was left with the impression that it would one of the semi-finals. Wait and see.

FFA said next HAL season will see a match of the round broadcast on SBS. They want a good quality game shown live on FTA as part of promoting the league. I guess we'll wait and see how this will be structured.

Wasn't the deal going to be a Friday night game each week? Did they say whether there would be an even distribution of games or would Victory/Sydney get more games due to ratings?

FFA said next HAL season will see a match of the round broadcast on SBS. They want a good quality game shown live on FTA as part of promoting the league. I guess we'll wait and see how this will be structured.

Wasn't the deal going to be a Friday night game each week? Did they say whether there would be an even distribution of games or would Victory/Sydney get more games due to ratings?

Yes Friday night games. No indication at this stage of distribution of games. Still a work in progress BUT they will be ones that would have major interest and would act to promote the HAL on FTA - so I can imagine derbies, etc would fit into their thinking.

FFA Cup got a mention and everyone wants it. Just a matter of finalising sponsorship, etc

• Like 1

Yes Friday night games. No indication at this stage of distribution of games. Still a work in progress BUT they will be ones that would have major interest and would act to promote the HAL on FTA - so I can imagine derbies, etc would fit into their thinking.

FFA Cup got a mention and everyone wants it. Just a matter of finalising sponsorship, etc

So pumped for the FFA Cup
  • Like 1

Interesting announcement from SBS

A quote from the article:

The channel would also carry SBS's A-League coverage, including a flagship weekly game in a 7.30pm timeslot on a Friday.

"That blockbuster Friday night game will be on SBS2. This channel will be the home of domestic football," Mr Iffland said. "This is a fabulous defining piece for this channel.”

Edited by HEARTinator