Melbourne Football

Derby Idea

Joel21

With the upcoming derby which is usually the best of days for us heart supporters

I thought that we should do something different that i dont think we have done before but

have possibly tried

About 1 min before kick off everybody should raise their arms in the air as in anticipation (like a corner kick)

and as soon as the ball is kicked off Throw as much paper,plastic bottles, streamers, whatever necessary to make an impact

Then proceed to We are Melbourne with everyone continually throwing objects (like the newspapers last season)

Dont know if this would interfere with TIFO arrangements that i am unaware of so sorry in advance

Here is the vid that gave me the idea

Time from 0.32-0.55

Edited by Joel21
  • Like 6

Derby is on a Friday, should be a few stacks of 'MX' at Southern Cross Station. ;)

Going to be honest.. Had no idea Serbia liked basketball..

Very common in eastern and central Europe, they love their city and live for their clubs.

Edited by LR9
  • Like 1

after the central coast game @ home last year I don't think we'll ever get the free paper on the way in, like this idea for the derby tho.

maybe not for the first minute, but when we score/ chant WE ARE Melbourne

But i reckon that we can have a bigger effect at the start as everyone will be doing at in sync thus maximal impact

mate was telling me that in Russia they have fucking Ultras for Curling. yes, the sport on ice that they use brooms to control the speed of a puck-like object.

full on riots and shit over it, they're just patriotic for anything of their side of their city as aforementioned by someone.

• Like 1

This idea is fucking awsome, but leading up to it just before i think we should chant fucking hard...not a chant about yarraside but a chant depicting voctory, then 30 secs before kick off hand in the air (the greeks do it really well) then throw news papaer in the air and scream WE ARE MELBOURNE!!! this woulod work so well and get victory fans very very angry!!!