Melbourne Football

VFA Thread.

cadete

Work with a bloke from Bendigo who knows a fair few of the guys from their VFL team. Told me they have been recruiting from local leagues & are rubbish this season. We've been backing their opposition @ the line every week so far and it has worked. Getting on N.Ballarat -70.5 tonight. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Work with a bloke from Bendigo who knows a fair few of the guys from their VFL team. Told me they have been recruiting from local leagues & are rubbish this season. We've been backing their opposition @ the line every week so far and it has worked. Getting on N.Ballarat -70.5 tonight. Fingers crossed.

You can lock them in for last from what I hear, and the club itself could be on shakey ground.

Easy money also to be made on most of Geelong's VFL games as well as they have a lot of AFL quality players running around ATM and are doing it pretty easy.

Edited by cadete

Ahhh it feels good to be home.

Borough with a 3 point win over Melboune reserves. Or Casey Scorpions as their jumpers say. Hard to beat a team when 18 of your 23 are AFL listed players but Port too good.

3 wins, 1 draw and a loss from the last five games and we're back in top 4. Week off for representative games followed by Essendon, Coburg and Willy.

Ahhh it feels good to be home.

Borough with a 3 point win over Melboune reserves. Or Casey Scorpions as their jumpers say. Hard to beat a team when 18 of your 23 are AFL listed players but Port too good.

3 wins, 1 draw and a loss from the last five games and we're back in top 4. Week off for representative games followed by Essendon, Coburg and Willy.

Mark in the name Mitch Wooffindin as the next player to have used the Red and Blue for an AFL kickstart, his work in the middle saw Borough destroy Casey's 4 goal lead at 3/4 within seconds. :up:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Woofy one of the best on ground again. How he hasn't got an AFL contract is beyond me.

Dean 'Badness' Galea standing up when needed once again today as the mighty Borough got over Essendon by 2 goals.

Highlight of the day: A crowd of 90% Port Melbourne fans. Why schedule your reserves at the same time as the seniors??? Retarded.

Ill be there heckling such afl superstars as Adam Maric and probably Luke McGuane after his abysmal efforts at trying to play football yesterday.

Borough are 2nd, and a lot of key players coming back. Who needs a shitty affiliation?

I will make an appearance.

So you'll go see the pies but not sandy? Hahaha

Cos its free at Vic Park. :up:

Didn't have anything to do with the fact my mate lives literally around the corner and the prospect of watching TV at his on the come down was a a fairly miserable one.

Edited by Woody

So you'll go see the pies but not sandy? Hahaha

Cos its free at Vic Park. :up:

Didn't have anything to do with the fact my mate lives literally around the corner and the prospect of watching TV at his on the come down was a a fairly miserable one.

Fair Enough, I understand how there is no difference between watching two Official AFL Reserves sides and Sandy these days. :up:

Their fans pissed off pretty quick after 3Qtr time..

Had to make sure no one had scratched their merc. Biggest game of the year for them and the fucken sooks are probably blaming the umpires.

Seeing Harold was brilliant (Y). I think we annoyed him though as he disappeared soon after. Poor bloke probably just wanted to watch footy.

• Like 1

A throng of mates and I were slinging shit at Koschitzke on Saturday. Immense fun. Got the boundary umpires retaliating as well. You Borough boys are piss weak  :lol:

That is why we bring at least 300 -400 fans to your ground every year and you brings at most 20 to ours..

(And we are not including players family members here.)

A throng of mates and I were slinging shit at Koschitzke on Saturday. Immense fun. Got the boundary umpires retaliating as well. You Borough boys are piss weak  :lol:

That is why we bring at least 300 -400 fans to your ground every year and you brings at most 20 to ours..

Sarcasm doesn't transfer very well over the internet, but I have never seen more than 50-60 Borough fans at TBBO in all my years of going (assorted 90's, 00's and recent years accumulating to around a decade)

Edited by Woody

Sarcasm doesn't transfer very well over the internet, but I have never seen more than 50-60 Borough fans at TBBO in all my years of going (assorted 90's, 00's and recent years accumulating to around a decade)

Look its a basic face that Borough fans travel 1000 times better than any other side in the League for a very long time...

And please dont even try arguing again some line about Williamstown - As we had at least the same amount their fans today.

Edited by cadete

Look its a basic face that Borough fans travel 1000 times better than any other side in the League for a very long time...

And please dont even try arguing again some line about Williamstown - As we had at least the same amount their fans today.

I'm not arguing aginast you being the best travelled, it'd be idiotic in the extreme to argue otherwise. 

I'm merely pointing out that 300 - 400 away fans @ TBBO hasn't been achieved in my lifetime.

• 2 weeks later...

After sending the kids into losing against West Adelaide - Borough at North Port this Sunday against the Roosters (Nth Ballarat not the mighty Geelong West),

And thank Ghod too - As with the Cats with the bye I need my footy fix.