Melbourne Football

VFA Thread.

cadete

• 1 month later...

Piss poor crowd here at williamstown today.. Seems like they have lost a fair chuck of their fans since going back to being stand alone

No surprises there. Shit fans, shit club. apart from the occasional "come on towners'" there is no noise here either.

Also coburg's ten fans left 10 mins into the last quarter when we went 20 points up. Happy to see em standalone again for the sake of the league but sort your fanbase out. Fairweather at best.

Edit: Borough still the best travelling support in the league by a Phil Cleary country mile

Edited by theresonlyonebzamora

boxthorn fans :droy:

geelong are a class above, as shown by a ) last year's grand final and b ) the fact that they finished top 3 games ahead of everyone else.

if box hill get anywhere closer to competing with geelong, i will eat my metaphorical hat

I really should have sigged this.

Think Box Hill will win again this year. More to do with Hawthorns unbelievable depth than our recruiting. It's a shame Garlett isn't playing at all because he would have absolutely killed VFL.

Will also be interesting to see how the stand alone clubs go this year. Shame that Williamstown got such a low crowd on the weekend.

LOL i honestly never expected geelong to choke so badly last season.

have to agree re this year, the only teams i can see coming close is maybe werribee (if they're a bit more consistent than last year). williamstown will probably end up going close but i'm just not sure if they've got the firepower.

port could finish anywhere between 3rd/4th and 8th to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

2-zip. Got over Coburg by 70 pts (mostly in the last 25 minutes of the game), 8 goals to 1 in the first quarter against Collingwood before winning by just under 10 goals.

Not beating massive teams by any stretch of the imagination but the manner in which we've carved out these results makes me relish seeing the young guns come up against the likes of BH, Willy, even Werribee this week will be tough.

Amusing to see Dusty watching his mate DC on Saturday  :lol:

2-zip. Got over Coburg by 70 pts (mostly in the last 25 minutes of the game), 8 goals to 1 in the first quarter against Collingwood before winning by just under 10 goals.

Not beating massive teams by any stretch of the imagination but the manner in which we've carved out these results makes me relish seeing the young guns come up against the likes of BH, Willy, even Werribee this week will be tough.

Amusing to see Dusty watching his mate DC on Saturday :lol:

Yep, you can tell his a Wanker just by the expression on his face... Edited by cadete

Box Hill v Sandy game was interesting. Sandy came out of the blocks real fast has a 50 to 9 lead at quarter time. They probably deserved to win it but Box Hill had a few out, their foot skills were not up to scratch for some reason. Sandy were very solid bodes well for St Kildas future. Big game this weekend vs Geelong!

3 from 3. First time in a bloody while we managed to beat Werribee. Majak was lethal though - with the right service he could be a gun CHF. Better there than in the ruck he's more effective that way.

Willy away next week.

should be good next week. Nothing worse than hearing an old woman screaming the word " 'Towners".

Come say hi