Melbourne Football

FM 12

Buddy Farah

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still playing FM 2011. Started a career with Peterborough, sitting pretty at the top of League 1 by 5 points with a championship level squad. To drop to play offs would take me losing a lot of games, but with all my players back from injury and a good string of results it wont be happening anytime soon. Though it is still January.

Unfortunately the ACL is reflected very poorly in FM. ffs if you have a half decent squad, and even posess minimal, or even a touch off tactical knowledge that is fucking retarded, it's relatively easy to take out the the ACL and gain subsequent qualification into the glob micky mouse cups.

This thread is fucking shit anyway, not enough Llama's.

Amateurs.

• Like 1

By winning ACL?

Yup sure is. Managed to knock of Chelsea I think it was, bit of highlight really as what micha says is true, anyone who's played it over the years knows the basic recipe to success. Problem the 1st two seasons in the HAL was acquiring the players to suit the tactics that I had previously used in a european save.

Hopefully in FM13 the AI knows how to conduct a transfer policy, right now after a few seasons there is no longer any competition because the AI is so bad at rejuvenating its squad and keeps aging players around far to long.

Thats why there is entertainment in playing as an international manager, because there are no transfers so the human loses its massive advantage over the AI, and you are forced to build tactics that suit the players you have so it properly tests your tactical ability.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, newfag here, playing as Melb. Heart, just had 2 quick questions;

1) one of my scouting dudes asked me to consider some players, so i put them on the shortlist, and i can't find the goddamm fucking shortlist, could someone please tell me how to access it? The help thing in FM is terrible.

2) any ideas on how to get more money for your club (apart from winning trophies and shit), because Heart have shithouse finances, i'm like 400 grand in debt...

cheers.

F6 or F5 brings up shortlists.

Keep you wage salary under control, transfer un-used transfer budget money into wage-budget, organize friendly's with asian clubs. It's pretty tough managing finance with A-League clubs because most international clubs (inc. asia) don't usually accept friendly invitations & it's pretty easy to get in the red because you have a max. salary of like 2.5k p/w for most players.

• Like 2

F6 or F5 brings up shortlists.

Keep you wage salary under control, transfer un-used transfer budget money into wage-budget, organize friendly's with asian clubs. It's pretty tough managing finance with A-League clubs because most international clubs (inc. asia) don't usually accept friendly invitations & it's pretty easy to get in the red because you have a max. salary of like 2.5k p/w for most players.

cheers man, works now.

and yeah, managing the finances themselves is ok, the club does fine, it's the fucking marquee players like Colosimo (who i demoted from marquee to first team) and their goddamm cumsock agents who just bitch away to try and get a fee for doing jackshit.

The final battle - Mr. VAK410 VS. Butters.

Settings:

Start as an unemployed Sunday League player and then receive offers from whoever you can, to win, first to be offered from a side in either England, Spain, Germany, Italy who finished top 4 previous season.

I received an offer from 1860 Munchen and am on my merry little way to promotion, despite injuries.

Dutchy received an offer from York and finished his first season just managing to keep York up as he took over during terrible times for de klub.

The final battle - Mr. VAK410 VS. Butters.

Settings:

Start as an unemployed Sunday League player and then receive offers from whoever you can, to win, first to be offered from a side in either England, Spain, Germany, Italy who finished top 4 previous season.

I received an offer from 1860 Munchen and am on my merry little way to promotion, despite injuries.

Dutchy received an offer from York and finished his first season just managing to keep York up as he took over during terrible times for de klub.

Aww, this was meant to be a 3 way comp. I'm getting FM12 over the weekend, so I'll have to powerplay to catch up to you two chaps. No matter what you do, don't go to England in this sort of thing - too difficult. Go to lower leagues of Italy/France - they are incredibly easy to win once you get the hang of the formations/players you need. Eerste Divise is similiar.

Acquiring FM12 today with the help of Butters. Can't wait to dom the Unemployed challenge. Setting the following challenges.

- Win Manager Of The Year in my first season.

- Attain top flight status within 3.

- Become legend of club within 4.

- Win CL within 7.

-Move to either Barca, Real, City or Inter and become legend of the club there within 15.

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday League, my leagues were:

England -> Blue square.

France -> Championat National

Spain -> Segunda B

Scotland -> Second Division

Holland -> Ereste

Germany -> Liga 3

Italy -> (one past Serie B)

To win, you must manage "big" club in England, Spain, Germany or Italy (Man Utd, City, Chelsea, Arsenal) (Barca, Real, Athletico, Valencia etc) (Bayern, Dortmund, Schalke) (Milan, Inter, Juventus)

• 2 weeks later...