Melbourne Football

Melbourne City Fan Representative Group (FRG)

jw1739

13 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Whilst all this is a slow start but hopefully heading in the right direction! 

This sounds harsh, but perhaps some clubs are making poor decisions and selecting the wrong type indivuals to their own advantage. Ultimately the FRG respresents all fans and if these indivuals are intimited and anxious to mingle with their own fanbase than we are missing completely the point again, even though I understand your point.

Out of the 12 selected FRG reps, is this is a collective decision or are the other 10/11 or so more open about their FRG roles? Do we have the active fan base represented in our FRG?  I find it an interesting discussion, having a FRG who at game day would rather not communicate with rest of the fanbase.

Also Kathleen being active in government and football admistrication for years, would be very governance focusses, is she active here by the way, she is of the same opinion?

As far as I'm aware every membership type is represented from Active to City class. Each person interacts with fans from there section of the fan base. For me I talk to the people who sit around me and friends. Others do the same, the FRG is actually a really good mix of people and perspectives.

As such it includes people with young children and females who based on the comments on social media do feel intimidated. But they are as much of a fan of the club as you and I as such deserve to be represented.

I have seen threats on City pages directed at the FRG, why would anyone wear a sign saying come abuse me at games? Would you?

I would say that is was around 80% who didn't feel comfortable being easily identifiable at games. Both myself and Kathleen understood that by being chairs we would need to be visible. Thats why I came here to post and is why I have been actively pushing the club to move faster in publishing the FRG better.

42 minutes ago, Matt-MCFC said:

As far as I'm aware every membership type is represented from Active to City class. Each person interacts with fans from there section of the fan base. For me I talk to the people who sit around me and friends. Others do the same, the FRG is actually a really good mix of people and perspectives.

As such it includes people with young children and females who based on the comments on social media do feel intimidated. But they are as much of a fan of the club as you and I as such deserve to be represented.

I have seen threats on City pages directed at the FRG, why would anyone wear a sign saying come abuse me at games? Would you?

I would say that is was around 80% who didn't feel comfortable being easily identifiable at games. Both myself and Kathleen understood that by being chairs we would need to be visible. Thats why I came here to post and is why I have been actively pushing the club to move faster in publishing the FRG better.

Not going defend threats, but these comments were perhaps made because there has been no transparancy, nobody knew who the FRG was and it was certainly not visible that there was any progress on the matter.

Edited by Mr MO

11 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Not going defend threats, but these comments where perhaps made because there has been no transparancy, nobody knew who the FRG was and it was certainly not visible that there was any progress on the matter.

Oh 100% agree, and I'm not here to defend the club for their slow actions. I'm trying to break down some of that "secrecy" and this week will be raising it again. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Matt-MCFC said:

Oh 100% agree, and I'm not here to defend the club for their slow actions. I'm trying to break down some of that "secrecy" and this week will be raising it again. 

Good start, thanks for doing this!

28 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Not going defend threats, but these comments were perhaps made because there has been no transparancy, nobody knew who the FRG was and it was certainly not visible that there was any progress on the matter.

Comes from the top doesn't it, the fact that many of our fans still don't even know who Brad Rowse is, is very telling. He might be a very good corporate CEO but the fan engaged is minimal.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 2