Melbourne Football

Turkish Süper Lig

hakz7

Should've created this thread before but here it is anyway...

Season starts in 2 weeks and before it, is the Super Cup in Manisa. I actually think GS will lose the super cup this year for some reason even though we won it the past two years.

In terms of the league; both GS and FB have new managers, ours obviously much more experienced.

With the 5+3 rule in, and no new foreign striker signed (yet), I think our main foreign players to start important games at least will be Muslera, Telles, Melo, Sneijder and hopefully Bruma. I reckon Bruma will shine this season. A new striker is a MUST especially for UCL.

Don't know much about Fener's squad in terms of new signings (besides Diego) but Beşiktas may be very strong this season obviously with Demba Ba's inclusion and they're still chasing a few decent players.

Haydi CimBom!

• 2 weeks later...

First bit of silverware for the season :up:

superkupa2_BM53A.jpg

Just managed to watch the full Super Cup final today.

Typical derby match etc. with play called off multiple times due to pyro, projectiles etc. Thought Fener was the much better side but Muslera was the difference in keeping the scores level for Gala and taking things to extra time and penalties.

Highlight was Volkan getting in Melo's face and giving him the "Keowen-ing" treatment after he fudged his penalty kick :lawl: :lawl: :lawl:

http://youtu.be/kIxgiVFpIZ0

Lig season kicks off this weekend . Looking forward to us defending the title and trying to go back to back :up:

Edited by FB.

Yeah Fener were obviously the better team. We played very poorly and were lucky to go to penalties. And obviously Muslera was by far our best player and saved us multiple times.

I wish one of the bottles (or whatever was thrown) hit Volkan the ayı in the head! Nah, it was obviously just stupid from the fans to do what they did but what do you expect? And what he did to Melo after the penalty was just discraceful.

Anyway, I predicted we would lose and there you go...

We play Bursa away Saturday night and maybe Behich might even get a gig! The away matches are what cost us last season so we need to get 3 points right away.

We still desperately need a new foreign striker. Many have been linked and Doumbia is one that I would love to see happen!

Galasaray 2 - 0 Bursaspor

(Burak, Olcan)

Once again, we actually played quite poorly. Bursa attacked much better and Muslera made a couple of very important saves. We scored both goals from very good counter attacks but it's evident how much we need to improve. Either way, we got the three points away from home and I'm happy :)

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Wow. Haven't used this since October.

Now, Galatasaray are champions!!

SARI KIRMIZI ŞAMPİYON CİMBOMBOM!!

20th title and now we have 4 stars.

Jumped all over the $3 being offered for Gala to win the league when they were 3 points off the lead mid season. Just need Germany to top their Euro qualifying group and I've cleaned up again.

• Like 1