Melbourne Football

Melbourne v CCM - Support

dRoy

Not strictly on topic here but i have seen hard bass posted around on the forums a bit. Honestly, It is incredibly lame and makes you all seem like Ultra wnnabee kids. I assume you all follow Celtic and St Pauli as well...

rofl, not so sure you can be describing other people as lame for posting things such as hard bass when your name is "Imac Hunt"

As for this tripe, Lucky opinions are a dime a dozen. If you actually think Hard Bas was suggested as a serious chant/choreo idea, you havent been around here long enough.

As you said, they are only opinions but its good to know Hard Bass is not being considered, not that i though it was, I was merely saying that it is shite.

I was probably harsh on snoop, it's not nearly as bad as Hard Bass, but it is still not one of my favourite chants. I am sure we all have chants we don't like as much as the others and I am sure a lot of people would share this opinion with me.

I don't see how having a younger lad capo'ing is bad at all, if people are that f*cking inconsiderate they need to pay out on him, they can f*ck off, he's doing more than they are.

I agree. Usually it would be unacceptable but considering the club is only two years old and this lad has probably been around as long as anyone else I think it is perfectly acceptable for him to be a Capo (as opposed to the Capo, Still too young, although I'm sure he isn't)

Surely you can see why, unfortunetly, a 30-something-year old bogan would not want to take directions from someone less than half his age though.

I don't see why age is at all relevant. Hammer has shown he can do the job (I've never properly met the lad, so don't think I'm just defending him). I don't care if he's 15 or 85 - he brings energy, passion and persistance, which is what you need on the mega. Do you think Matt Thompson respects Eli Babalj and less because he's 19?

Surely you can see why, unfortunetly, a 30-something-year old bogan would not want to take directions from someone less than half his age though.

As a 30-something standing with late 20's to late 30's guys, you do have a bit of a point. Although I don't really think age should matter, the general capo idea is odd to a lot of us. These guys have been going games in different parts of the world for years and have never needed a capo. Someone starts chanting and bam they join in, they haven't needed a capo yelling instructions. I'm not saying having a capo is right or wrong, just letting people in to the mind set of some guys. That's not to say they don't appreciate (although being told to shush doesn't warm people to them haha, maybe next time just launch in to the next chant, they will follow) the effort and job the capo is doing it's just a strange concept.

Just think of it as been doing a job for years and then all of a sudden your boss decides you need a supervisor to baby sit you.

I think that why this weeks and definitely the second half worked well though. I have been and a know many others that have been a bit critical of the front slow to react to things happening in the game. It was good the first few games, but really seemed lagging in the last few weeks. When buddy and a few others came up the back though it seemed to change. One of them would yell out and bam it would start. Hammer picked it up and could go with it. It worked much better and sounded more spontaneous, but also gave a balance between the capo idea and the non-capo way. It seem to give the terrace a more natural feel instead of sounding programmed and having gaps. It made it follow and sound upbeat. It worked well and was a nice balance.

On a side note - The slow clapping chants, some of the KGB guys might of noticed it as well because I heard a few mention it. It's hard to get the timing right up the back. You wouldn't think it, but there is a slight delay or something, it's odd. You think it's right, but then after a few claps it sounds off. I don't know if it's the sound from front being delayed or the echo from further back making the beat sound off. Just something to keep in mind.

• Like 1

Disagree on Imac Hunt's opinion of the capo being too young, although seeing as though I haven't be in YS my pouint is probably invalid anyway. However at least you're debating it in a civilised manner mate and thats all anyone can ask.

@tesla, relatively new to the forums man so am foreign to your war against Rugter, I have a mini man crush on him! Mainly cos his ugly and I feel safe that I wouldn't seriously consider being all gay and shit with him!

This thread has too many 30-something keyboard warriors.

Yeah like the 12 year keyboard warriors that keep going off when someone voices an opinion that is actually constructive. Sorry but you at yarraside seem to think that you are the only ones who know how to support the club. Their has been other people that sit in other areas of the ground that would like to do things and some of the comments that came from the old yarraside forum was that they were flogs and posers. They have tickets in other parts of the ground and like what you do and would like to join in to get the area they are in to get involved. But instead of encouragement they got insulted.

Whoah whoah whoah, take a step back and just have a look at what you've said. Perhaps I hit a nerve, but I can't see anywhere on the new forum were GA, Prem A and Prem B ticket holders have been discouraged from getting vocal and involved.

We recognise that there are different styles of support, but what we have is our own particular style. We're more than happy for people to help out etc, so come and meet us at the pub pre-game, and come back to the pub after the match.

• Like 3

And perhaps you can't read, I said the old forum. And you hit no nerve and I'm not upset. :) Just merely pointing out what had happened on the old forum. :P

Never take for granted what you can only read and not see/hear.

There was a lot of crazy things being thrown like faeces on the old forum - hopefully this is a fresh start for all

If you're good enough, you're old enough. People need to get this bullshit mentality out of their heads and show some respect for over two years worth of hard work and dedication to getting an atmosphere up and running at this club.

What people may intend to say as "just my opinion" ends up sounding more like "I'm right and you're wrong, and if you don't change everything to suit me then I'm going to bitch and complain". People need to drop the egos and understand that people starting chants from the mega happens for a reason. I'm not saying that chants can't start without it, but I'm saying that when people go to a shit-ton of effort every week to get as much noise and colour happening to support the lads then it's pretty insulting to get snide, smart-arse remarks from a small group of people who, from what I've seen so far, do nothing but heckle and ignore all efforts to make a united terrace with one voice.

If you don't have something productive to say, don't say it. Especially on match day.

• Like 1

3 words; Hammer is Amazing. If he didn't do what does Yarraside wouldn't be getting as loud, he encourages us heaps. For all you people discouraging, how about you try on the Mega, you'll probably choke just like I would, that's why Hammer is Amazing. Never give up buddy.

Whether hammer or ando have the mega its not a big difference imo. If we concede early then the terrace will be as quiet as all fuck untill the team itself lifts, like what we saw against Adelaide a month or so ago. I'll be at home watching the game tonight as my bro who i usually go with pulled out but it will be interesting to hear how the YS goes tonight if brisbane score early...

Goodluck.

Edited by WilsonMHFC