Melbourne Football

V Sydney 01/12/12

Peter

Very good result for the NYL side. I really believe there has been a big improvement this year from training with the A-League squad. I seriously think our structures have helped and we have some seriously talented youngsters as well, who are knocking the door down, which is key to having a successful club.

Went and watched this, the boys did well considering it was boiling. Sydney were atrocious and their only goal came from a wonder strike. We could have easily won 10-1.

Batsis is absolute quality and has great ball control, and connected well with Epifano and Mebrahtu. Could see him pushing for seniors. Petreski and Groenewald also solid in the middle. Mauk also good, good on him not getting sent off this time and scoring late. Gray was composed and gave a lot of direction and assurance. Abbott also looked solid in defense although the Sydney players didn't pressure much. Most of our play from the back started through Gray.

Pretty much everyone was good, with Batsis or Epifano being my M.O.M.