Melbourne Football

Any good editors?

Vlad

So we all know that our club lacks promotion and numbers. If the clubs not willing to do something about it and then we should be the ones making the change. I was wondering, is anyone here good with editing? As a video about the club would work great considering we're the only A-League club who doesn't have this. Here are some examples.

Borussia Dortmund

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwcWccVrXZw

Manchester United

Seen it, I meant something actually related to football... that video sounds more like a documentary..

This was discussed in another thread somewhere. Marketing thread maybe? I cant remember.

Basically, editing is not all that difficult. Its just a very long and tedious process. Not only that, but you need decent footage too which provides further obstacles.

This was discussed in another thread somewhere. Marketing thread maybe? I cant remember.

Basically, editing is not all that difficult. Its just a very long and tedious process. Not only that, but you need decent footage too which provides further obstacles.

Yeah I saw it there, do you think there is any way we could actually make a good video? I mean we have 3 seasons of footage, would that be enough?

Yeah I saw it there, do you think there is any way we could actually make a good video? I mean we have 3 seasons of footage, would that be enough?

Using TV footage you could probably make an OK video. But again, taking into account the time you need to select footage, plan and edit, it would take quite some time. Being that Fox owns that footage you run the risk of them pulling you up for breach of copyright and forcing you to take the video down too.

If I didnt have a job, a family and several other projects going on I would most likely attempt this, but for now I will put it in the "one day, maybe if I ever get the time" pile.

If anyone wants to give this a shot and needs some help though, please let me know. I am happy to help where I can.

Great idea but a bit of work to do. I made a short video of a lunchtime football game we had at work and spliced in some ESPN footage with the Match of the Day tune (downloaded from the web) plus crude sound effects and it looked OK and got a laugh. Main thing is to keep it tight, 3 min, with plenty of action and music. Could be a winner but need video material - even some hand held stuff.