Melbourne Football

Ripped off chants thread

KSK_47

Rather than have hundreds of threads containing people suggesting chants that are exactly the same as ones done by supporter groups over seas, I figure why not put them all in the one thread?

Anyway, lately I have been paying attention to the chants that are being well received and the ones that are not taking off. I think a lot of the problem is that some of the newer chants are too good for our level. We are seeing a lot of new people coming into the terrace this season and many of the new chants are tunes that most people dont know with lyrics that you have to learn.

I think it might be a good idea if we take a step back and try and come up with some new ones that are really basic to get the new guys used to singing/chanting in time and then slowly introduce the more complex ones. I know it might feel a bit like we are regressing, but I think its a matter of three steps forward, one step back.

Anyway- the older English chants usually seem to get a good reaction what about this one?

(from 0:22)

or

(just replace England with Melbourne)

• Like 3