Melbourne Football

Player of the season

Tesla

• 3 weeks later...

I still find it interesting who ranked as the 2nd best player at Melbourne City:

15hehxg.jpg

Velaphi did have a fantastic season, and it was clear to see how much better and more comfortable Melbourne City's defenders were when he was between the sticks.

But is Velaphi really the 2nd best player at this club (we all certainly know who the best is)? I think Velaphi and Kisnorbo had solid seasons, but still there was a real gulf in quality between Melbourne City's best player (Mooy) last season and Melbourne City's 2nd best and 3rd best and 4th best players, and so on.

I'm hoping next season there will be a few new players, and maybe some current players in the squad (Melling?), who can step up and be real quality and can clearly be the 3rd or 2nd best player at this club (and who knows? maybe even give Mooy a run for his money next season). Signing Ivan Franjic is a very good start, and I reckon he could possibly be the best player at this club next season after Mooy. And hopefully we see a few more new players at this club who can spread some real quality throughout the team. 

• Like 2