Melbourne Football

Melbourne v CCM - Support

dRoy

Dominated again and were very unlucky. Ando not at the game tonight? That kid was fucking terrible, quite often looked around for ideas on what to chant and the other parts was telling people to get louder when there's no chants going, most of the chants started from the back and by the time it hit the bottom they were echoing us further back, terrible

Where you the idiot at the back giving Hammer ago for being young?

@spiranovic

If you approached Hammer at half time and voiced your concerns with him then, I'm sure he would have had a chat with you and discussed things through.

Standing at the back of the bay and heckling someone giving their all in the terrace is so counter productive I can't even big to explain. It does not make you look tough, nor does it win you any friends; as I know a few people up the back who would have not taken kindly to abuse directed at Hammer.

Also, I don't think Snoop is our best nor worst chant, but should be used sparingly. The majority of the time it's started just to kill off the silence.

The kids and families love it, but it's not favourable amongst MOST Yarrasiders.

You could say the same about dog shit

People make a conscious decision to stand in the terrace. Not sure too many people purposely stand in dog shit.

I just don't understand the mentality of people that stand in the terrace and then spend a week on the forum complaining about it.

• Like 1

People make a conscious decision to stand in the terrace. Not sure too many people purposely stand in dog shit.

I just don't understand the mentality of people that stand in the terrace and then spend a week on the forum complaining about it.

This.

Cnuts need to stop moaning and bring it up at the match. I thought hammer did a fucking stellar job - looks like you're on your own there spiranovic

Sat next to the Yarraside as I brought my 2 younger brothers to their first Heart game. When we do 'Stand up for your Heart' just a suggestion, we should try and get the wings standing as well so we have the whole stadium up for the set piece and with Kristian Sarkies delivering them it would be awesome if the whole crowd was up.

Edited by ToonHeart

Sat next to the Yarraside as I brought my 2 younger brothers to their first Heart game. When we do 'Stand up for your Heart' just a suggestion, we should try and get the wings standing as well so we have the whole stadium up for the set piece and with Kristian Sarkies delivering them it would be awesome if the whole crowd was up.

No chance of that.

that would be fantastic however it's not like they can't see/hear what's being done - some people refuse to stand up.

there was people in the aisle next to YS who wouldn't stand up until everyone else had.

then there's the plastic fantastic ace of hearts' :D

that would be fantastic however it's not like they can't see/hear what's being done - some people refuse to stand up.

there was people in the aisle next to YS who wouldn't stand up until everyone else had.

then there's the plastic fantastic ace of hearts' :D

Agreed, even with the We Love You chant, when we do it sitting down, theres always 1 or 2 people who just refuse to sit down.

Just watched the replay, Dale Cavese was the loudest it's ever been, I was very happy when I saw everyone overhead clapping last night.

All it took was a little bit of co-ordination and motivation for chants to be 10x louder than usual, was a very good 90 minute performance, one of the best of the season considering we are winless this month.

Just watched the replay, Dale Cavese was the loudest it's ever been, I was very happy when I saw everyone overhead clapping last night.

All it took was a little bit of co-ordination and motivation for chants to be 10x louder than usual, was a very good 90 minute performance, one of the best of the season considering we are winless this month.

needs more hard bass.

there was a couple of 10-12 yr olds getting into it at the perth game trying to copy hackett

Not having a go at the young lad with the mega but you need to spend less time telling people what to do and more starting chants. Not saying you can't tell people to clap over head or scarfes up or whatever, but a lot of the time you would take far too long to start a chant. I think it would be beneficial if you had a group of Capi to help you out, it's not easy to do the right chant at the right time always but having 3 or 4 other guys should ensure the chants are more relevant to the play, will allow you to have a breather every now and you should be able to get 1 or 2 leading Choreo (e.g over head clapping) while 1 leads a chant rather than barking instructions for 60 seconds. Having a 14ish year old Capo isn't a great look either. I think it's ridiculous to abuse the Capo and you really shouldn't have to deal with that but you are kind of asking for it when you get a kid to lead grown men in anything. Lastly, "Hun with a whistle"? The less said, the better.

Not strictly on topic here but i have seen hard bass posted around on the forums a bit. Honestly, It is incredibly lame and makes you all seem like Ultra wnnabee kids. I assume you all follow Celtic and St Pauli as well...

As for the snoop chant. It's almost as bad as hard bass (but unfortunetly is still probably not our worst chant). However, the famillies and the kids seem to love it. If it could get everyone involved it may be worth keeping. I suppose it depends on what you want for your terrace, better songs/more elitist terrace or more people involved.

• Like 2

Not having a go at the young lad with the mega but you need to spend less time telling people what to do and more starting chants. Not saying you can't tell people to clap over head or scarfes up or whatever, but a lot of the time you would take far too long to start a chant. I think it would be beneficial if you had a group of Capi to help you out, it's not easy to do the right chant at the right time always but having 3 or 4 other guys should ensure the chants are more relevant to the play, will allow you to have a breather every now and you should be able to get 1 or 2 leading Choreo (e.g over head clapping) while 1 leads a chant rather than barking instructions for 60 seconds. Having a 14ish year old Capo isn't a great look either. I think it's ridiculous to abuse the Capo and you really shouldn't have to deal with that but you are kind of asking for it when you get a kid to lead grown men in anything. Lastly, "Hun with a whistle"? The less said, the better.

Very logical and agree with most of this.

Not strictly on topic here but i have seen hard bass posted around on the forums a bit. Honestly, It is incredibly lame and makes you all seem like Ultra wnnabee kids.

As for the snoop chant. It's almost as bad as hard bass (but unfortunetly is still probably not our worst chant).

As for this tripe, Lucky opinions are a dime a dozen. If you actually think Hard Bas was suggested as a serious chant/choreo idea, you havent been around here long enough.