Melbourne Football

North.

Dont read this

No no, it's not north terrace or what ever but the game against brisbane was one of the best games on my life, me and a few other mates tried too get into yarraside, but as luck would have it we couldn't sneak in ( and the financial situation im in right now prevents a membership pffft) anyways... we sat near the away supporters and bagged the shit out of them! so we thought why not do it all the time.... and one thing lead too another and with the permission of you boys.. we would actually sit in the north and chant... it might get the atmosphere up as there are already alot of people in ( from school work etc etc.) and anyone who want's too tag along can.

what do you guys think?

What's the point mate?

Just come stand in Yarraside and strengthen the home end.

We need everyone we can get, and all starting an active area down the other end will dilute the active supporters of MHFC. There's no logic in it tbh. Not to mention that you will be stamped out pretty quickly by security/police as it's a no standing/active area down that end.

What's the point mate?

Just come stand in Yarraside and strengthen the home end.

We need everyone we can get, and all starting an active area down the other end will dilute the active supporters of MHFC. There's no logic in it tbh. Not to mention that you will be stamped out pretty quickly by security/police as it's a no standing/active area down that end.

yeah man i get what you're saying but it's hard too get in without membership. so its screwed.

Marty has it spot on, in my opinion.

Even if you can't get into the "active area" just stand close by in GA and join in.

Not that hard to sneak into the active areas though, fwiw.

Spot on the general admin is next to the active now i think anyway?....So it really does invite more people to join in and be close to the active section. Last 10mins was great to hear the general admin next to and around us get involved with the You are in my heart chant.

i've been in yarraside before... so have they. but last time we couldn't sneek in so we sat near away fans.. and now they want too make another terrace... im on the verge of saying fuck it you guys go for it... i know it'll be succesfull for them and shit, but you guys disapprove and wouldn't really want too disrespect yarraside

okay well now i have the problem.. because my mates are telling me they are going too do it and im on your side by telling them its a stupid idea... any pointers anyone ?!

They will feel rather silly singing with all 3 or 4 of them after a while. Then they'll venture over to the Y-side where you'll be ;)

Edited by Braveheart

okay well now i have the problem.. because my mates are telling me they are going too do it and im on your side by telling them its a stupid idea... any pointers anyone ?!

They will feel rather silly singing with all 3 or 4 of them after a while. Then they'll venture of to the Y-side where you'll be ;)

if it was 4 i'd have no problem! but its nearing 25 people lmao....

They will feel rather silly singing with all 3 or 4 of them after a while. Then they'll venture of to the Y-side where you'll be ;)

if it was 4 i'd have no problem! but its nearing 25 people lmao....

Why not just buy active tickets on the day? You can now buy them on the gate and stand in bay18 or bay16(can't remember which one)

aye guys.. listen, what if i just convinced them too bay 16 ? since we need too broaden the home side.. we might even get the people there up and chanting

If you had a large-ish group that wanted to stand together and sing then bay 16 would be your best bet.

There's plenty of room for you all to stand together, plus you're close enough to join in with all of our chants. If you enter that bay from aisle 14 (between bays 15 and 16 if that makes sense) you probably won't get asked for memberships either.

thanks boys this is really helpfull. but umm.. lets say if we were too sit next too active support... and chant there... maybe even others will join in?

Do it. Please. The more times that GA is exposed to people chanting and standing in bay will encourage to do the same.

This is learnt behaviour. Don't get aggressive. Have a laugh , crack a joke to break the ice and before you know it those surrounding you will get into it.

Looking at the pitch from Yarraside , you want to sit I the bay on left.

• Like 1

thanks boys this is really helpfull. but umm.. lets say if we were too sit next too active support... and chant there... maybe even others will join in?

Do it. Please. The more times that GA is exposed to people chanting and standing in bay will encourage to do the same.

This is learnt behaviour. Don't get aggressive. Have a laugh , crack a joke to break the ice and before you know it those surrounding you will get into it.

Looking at the pitch from Yarraside , you want to sit I the bay on left.

will we need too sneak in though?

Edited by Dont read this

Bay 16 is 'active'.

No it's not. They all sit down.

I've stood in the back row a few times. The ones in that bay don't like standing. It's all a bit odd really. They also make sure they sit in their exact seat. :huh: I dont even know where my seat on my membership is. I've never checked.

You should just stand in front of them then. It is an "active" bay after all.

yeah we'll just do that then.. but the problem is.. we don't have membership how will we get in?

How many of you are there ?? The best thing to do is find some guys with memberships and try and blend in.

I've had mates do it with me before. When they come up and ask I'll jump forward with my membership quick show them and just make small talk and say we all have active ones. Meanwhile the guys that don't just blend in talking so you don't look worried. Hasn't failed yet. They normally they get distract and think these guys are ok and not hassle us.

Everyone has probably got a different trick.

If you have a GA membership the better. If the guys with there cards are showing and they can see yours flapping around your neck they sometimes assume. I'm a bit older though, so they probably don't expect me to be sneaky. muahahahaha

Edited by thedukeofhearts