Melbourne Football

Yarraside App

Melburnian

I have noticed the App has not been updated and it seems a bit messy. Not user friendly.

For he derby I had my mates I brought download the app and they liked the words but when they went to the audio they couldn't understand it.

I think this App could be a great source of education for newbies and the GA.

Anyone from the Yarraside who runs this component wants to discuss this is it would be good. I have an idea to just clean it up, place chants and wording on there and with the audio just have it simple by recording a few guys in a studio. It's an education tool so having the chants clear would be the best way forward.

Rather than chant sheets (which I feel are still needed) we could advertise this app to the people. Make some cards up with a link to this forum and hand it out on one side, but on the otherside advertise everyone to get this app on their phone to follow and learn the chants.

Anyone keen to tell me how to start the process it would be good.

The chants in the app are updated independently of the app itself, you have to click 'refresh' in the app to get the latest chants. The list is controlled by Yarraside and was updated earlier in the season, probably time to update it again, I'll do it for the next game and will post here so people know to hit the refresh button. I'd like to update it more often, but its really hard to tell when a chant is going to stick and become a permanent fixture, if you know what I mean.

Definitely lacking audio though, I was thinking of just recording at the games with my phone or something, the studio idea sounds good, but also sounds costly.

For any updates you want to the app itself, yianni is your man.

• Like 1

Fantastic thanks for the response.

Are you going to be at the pub before game Sunday?

I will discuss the idea with you and the lads then.

The studio I am sure we could work something out with someone. I will look into this. I think the studio with 4 or 5 guys just recording a few chants each chant for 30 seconds would be better and easier to educate new people and even regulars. Of course you would start with your top 10 or so chants you want.

Idea to make it look cleaner too. I noticed there is the same chant multiple times etc and the wording could be set out better. This can be a great tool for every Heart fan to have (not just active) and if so, advertising and funds for the Yarraside could come into play could it not? If you have 4,000 downloads I am sure from what I know of a couple of apps I have seen this would occur. Just need to advertise and with thanks to Vista Print, getting cards out at games to every fan wouldn't be hard.

Anyway, thinking too much, just had this in my head since the derby and wanted to discuss.

Fantastic thanks for the response.

Are you going to be at the pub before game Sunday?

I will discuss the idea with you and the lads then.

The studio I am sure we could work something out with someone. I will look into this. I think the studio with 4 or 5 guys just recording a few chants each chant for 30 seconds would be better and easier to educate new people and even regulars. Of course you would start with your top 10 or so chants you want.

Idea to make it look cleaner too. I noticed there is the same chant multiple times etc and the wording could be set out better. This can be a great tool for every Heart fan to have (not just active) and if so, advertising and funds for the Yarraside could come into play could it not? If you have 4,000 downloads I am sure from what I know of a couple of apps I have seen this would occur. Just need to advertise and with thanks to Vista Print, getting cards out at games to every fan wouldn't be hard.

Anyway, thinking too much, just had this in my head since the derby and wanted to discuss.

All sounds good, happy to have a chat on Sunday.

• Like 1

Rather than chant sheets (which I feel are still needed) we could advertise this app to the people. Make some cards up with a link to this forum and hand it out on one side, but on the otherside advertise everyone to get this app on their phone to follow and learn the chants.

That's the idea. Everyone could have instant chants and even promote 'chant of the week' at the top.

find a chant ans Turn the app to the side to suggest to the capo (who may have forgotten one)

I have thousands of cards still to give out to those in Yarraside which has links to both this app and the HeartFan app

That's the idea. Everyone could have instant chants and even promote 'chant of the week' at the top.

find a chant ans Turn the app to the side to suggest to the capo (who may have forgotten one)

I have thousands of cards still to give out to those in Yarraside which has links to both this app and the HeartFan app

Ideally I would want them handed out when we have the App to a particular standard as like the people I got to download it, they looked at it, and it didn't click with them so they haven't looked at it since. Sometimes you can have bad advertising.

Yeah I think this is a great tool for growth.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yarraside for iOS and Android has been updated with new features and bug fixes. If you haven't already downloaded it, download it before the game. Make sure you update the app if you already have it.

Updated it alex, but im still getting a black screen with a list, but no text. Any ideas?

Yarraside for iOS and Android has been updated with new features and bug fixes. If you haven't already downloaded it, download it before the game. Make sure you update the app if you already have it.

Updated it alex, but im still getting a black screen with a list, but no text. Any ideas?

Black or blank? Android or iOS?

That's odd!. So you get nothing when you hit the refresh button at the top right?

What version of iOS is it? Settings > General > About > Version

I've checked the feed and it appears to be valid (I was kinda hoping it was broken as it might explain the problem).

Shouldn't have to resort to this, but try deleting the app and reinstalling. PM me if you have any more details for me.

• 5 weeks later...

That's odd!. So you get nothing when you hit the refresh button at the top right?

What version of iOS is it? Settings > General > About > Version

I've checked the feed and it appears to be valid (I was kinda hoping it was broken as it might explain the problem).

Shouldn't have to resort to this, but try deleting the app and reinstalling. PM me if you have any more details for me.

Deleted it then reinstalled it same problem, tried again and then it work, so may possibly have been a problem on my end !  B)