Melbourne Football

Spotify

Hendo

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/entertainment/spotify-earns-its-aussie-stripes-20120526-1zbjh.html

THE BIG record labels love it, consumers love it, and musicians - well, they're divided. Spotify launched their free, legal music streaming service in Australia this week after finding impressive audiences in Europe and the United States over the past four years.

Founded by Swedish entrepreneur Daniel Ek in 2008 when he was just 25, it has been hailed by some as the solution to online music piracy.

But some big name artists, most notably American alt-rock band The Black Keys, have lashed out at the company, claiming they rip artists off.

Spotify Australia and New Zealand's managing director Kate Vale describes the product as like ''the world's largest digital jukebox.'' Consumers sign up online, and can then play music of their choosing free, with 15 second advertisements aired at regular intervals. It is sort of like having a personal radio station, although the sound quality is not particularly high at 160 kbps, and it can only be used on laptops and home computers, not smartphones or tablets.

The company also offers subscription services. Signing up to Spotify Unlimited costs $6.99 a month, which removes the advertisements and listening Ztime limits. Spotify's premium service is advertisement and time-limit free, it ups the sound quality to 320 kbps and can be used on mobile devices. It costs $11.99 a month. The company also promises ''exclusive content'' to their premium service customers, including access to music before it is released and competitions to win tickets to big name shows.

Finally, thank fuck, after years of waiting, Spotify is finally available in straya.

My swedish boyfriends have been sending me spotify links for fucking years, and finally I can start following some playlists! Get around it, considering getting premium.

Get it here:

http://www.spotify.com/au/start/?utm_source=spotify&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=start

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Got some fucking pearlers to share.

Neinteez Noize - a hommage of the fantastic years of hip hop that was '91-'94.

Push the button, Max!- For spies and secrent agents.

Yesteryears youth - Yesteryears youth - Bit of early punk/mod revival-ish-ish

Vive la france - French hip hop, great beats.

The Terrance Gentlemen - My own, always adding/removing.

Edited by Hendo

• 5 months later...