Melbourne Football

SPL

cadete

Rangers biggest problem IMO at the moment is that yearly UEFA bans and fines on Supporters chanting and behaviour just highlights the club's past poor record with sectarianism both inside and outside the club.

It just means they are not a very attractive option from an overseas buyer in a commercial sense.

Outside of Glasgow where the history of the problem is not understood its hard for people from other countries to become new supporters of the club when knowing the history - they just dont get it.

Celtic do better at winning overseas fans by tugging at Irish Cultural strings.

I know many argue that Media representation was been unfair on Rangers in this regard in comparing them to unfavourably Celtic, as of course such things occur on both sides.

Perhaps I could even see why some people think that the Media makes too much of the fact that this has always been more of a Rangers Issue than a Celtic one.

Regardless – I think back to the way over the top Sectarian abuse from a Rangers supporter I copped last year and I really don’t care.

Edited by cadete

In my own experience, I have found Celtic fans would rather bring up the religious card and are the one's to use bigoted terms more than any Ranger supporter I have met. But I agree that Rangers are seen by everyone as the sectarian club in Scotland, and does not make the club a viable option for potential investment or takeovers. A fan consortium is the only way I can see the club functioning at a top class level in the long run. Even if we do get the creditors to take the CVA option we will still be in an incessant amount of financial woes and further mishaps

If you had not noticed we have been on 20 games winning streak and have made up 19pts to be 4pts in front...

Its not like we have not held up our end of the bargain.

Hadn't noticed.

And Attila, It's a good day to find that out IMO. I found out recently my great Grandparents were either Catholic Scots or Protestant Irish. Fighting the system ;)

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/02/15/rangers-in-crisis-ex-director-paul-murray-launches-fans-led-rescue-plan-for-beleaguered-ibrox-club-86908-23749211/

I was initially in favour of this move, consortium > One man Ownership.

Though I would rather back a fan consortium this is as close as it gets. Paul Murray really hates the Whyte Knight.

Lol – Please let Paul Murray get back involved, he is the one that got it started.

Of course under his guidance you will have to follow his rule of spending 10 pounds for every 5 pounds we spend so you litterally won’t exist for more than a couple weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

The collecting of the Treble begins on Sunday night...

Spending 5 pounds for every time Celtic spent one, well at least you won a European Cup out of it Mr Murray.

Rofl @ the fact the Rangers Reserves back then would have won 9 Titles in a row: What a waste of money.

Edited by cadete