Melbourne Football

Suggestion.

RevDog

I put this in the 'So Happy Together' topic but to make sure it is seen I thought I'd start this topic.

I had the idea that after we score a goal, it would be good to have a decent MC for one, but have interaction between the MC and the Yarraside, like they do in Germany.

Example, about 20 seconds into this clip or so...

MC: 55th minute GOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLL

MC: Goalscorer for Melbourne Heart, number 10 Josip

YS: Tadic

MC: Josip

YS: Tadic

MC: JOSSSSSIIIIPPPP

YS: TADDDDIICCCC

MC: And the score, Melbourne Heart

YS: 3

MC: Melbourne Victory

YS: 0

In that clip, the MC then says thank you and the crowd say you're welcome.

So, I think it would be good to get going, not sure how easy it would be though.

Yay, nay, maybe?

• Like 5

This isn't new, in our 1st season I tried something similar to this where I would get on the mega after we scored and lead a call and response chant of the players name. With me saying the first name and the terrace responding with the last. With this in mind;

Fuck that gets me hard :wub: :wub: :wub:

Didn't quite work back then for a number of reasons, but with more maturity in the terrace I would love to see it tried again.

Having a decent MC who understands the way to lead it is the key to making it successful and not like some NBL gimmick.

Edited by FB.
  • Like 1

It could defiantly work in the right way so it doesn't have an NBA gimmick feel to it.

I'd be getting very worried if the MC did get on the microphone and started chanting de-fence.

How would you go about getting this to work anyway, someone talks to the club and go from there? I mean even if it was tried a couple of times to see what response it gets, I can't say it would be bad, it is quite simple and literally everyone in the stadium can get involved.