Melbourne Football

Geelong

Tokyospliff

Yeah it would cost more than 15M but not 75 imo, but still even 50 million if expansion could get serious? 10M Federal gov, 10M state, 10M FFA, is 30 for a start, maybe a local council ect could chip in if they will benefit form the infrastructure?

Alongside building costs another reason St Mirren’s Stadium is not a good example for over here is because that stadium was built for an very established club with an established supporter base in a country mad for Soccer.

I cannot see any Government here (Federal or State) building such a stadium for a Soccer Club that has never played a game.

A move such as this is hardly a good investment, the Australian Soccer landscape became littered with the tons of bones of former National Clubs a long time before NQF and GC died their deaths.

Alongside building costs another reason St Mirren’s Stadium is not a good example for over here is because that stadium was built for an very established club with an established supporter base in a country mad for Soccer.

I cannot see any Government here (Federal or State) building such a stadium for a Soccer Club that has never played a game.

A move such as this is hardly a good investment, the Australian Soccer landscape became littered with the tons of bones of former National Clubs a long time before NQF and GC died their deaths.

AAMI is a significant investment even though it is shared, Storm were the only club that is guaranteed to be around 5 years after it was built and AAMI cost a gold mine

Us and the Rebels were barely around when it was built, MFC use it but only as a training base i think?

I think in the scheme of things 50M is not much spli between a few sources

AAMI is a significant investment even though it is shared, Storm were the only club that is guaranteed to be around 5 years after it was built and AAMI cost a gold mine

Us and the Rebels were barely around when it was built, MFC use it but only as a training base i think?

I think in the scheme of things 50M is not much spli between a few sources

The process of getting Government Funding for anything is a lot more complicated than u imply in this thread, and when Planning is involved its even much more complicated.

The process of getting Government Funding for anything is a lot more complicated than u imply in this thread, and when Planning is involved its even much more complicated.

Never said it wasnt, still think it is a worthwhile investment, obviously biased

but to an area such as geelong (who would play at skilled tbh) it is not worth while, but maybe someone else like on the GC or in Townsville? i dont know?

It is funny that Geelong has a stadium that the locals are quite happy to lend out but really cannot service a team imo, but other places may struggle for a viable ground?

Never said it wasnt, still think it is a worthwhile investment, obviously biased

but to an area such as geelong (who would play at skilled tbh) it is not worth while, but maybe someone else like on the GC or in Townsville? i dont know?

It is funny that Geelong has a stadium that the locals are quite happy to lend out but really cannot service a team imo, but other places may struggle for a viable ground?

Townsville and GC both had similar types of stadiums to the one u proposed being built, it was not because of Stadia problems that these teams folded - Rather the transient nature of the locations.

And as a Geelong Cats supporter (From Melb) I will add that I could see Geelong PPL following a A League side...

Townsville and GC both had similar types of stadiums to the one u proposed being built, it was not because of Stadia problems that these teams folded - Rather the transient nature of the locations.

And as a Geelong Cats supporter (From Melb) I will add that I could see Geelong PPL following a A League side...

Wasnt part of the issue with GC prices associated with the stadia, hence it being kept shut/ only a few K seats available due to costs? sounds like an issue to me.

My point is about getting new clusb into stadiums with good deals for them