Melbourne Football

Aziz Behich

Murfy1

I hope the coaching staff work on Aziz's shooting, in particular running in from the corner of the penalty box where he has been in good positions for us a number of times in the past. Jeremy Walker would also benefit from this.

Having these two as genuine attacking options when overlapping would be a great benefit to our side.

• Like 1

Just realised I won't be in the country for the derby. I'm upset.

What can be more important than the derby? :P

Best man at a wedding... It's up there but if Kewell scores 90th minute to win it ill punch the bride in the cunt.

fucking amazing

Edited by DutchPride
  • Like 1

show us the collar!

Although a lot of people bitch about the club on here. Here we have some positive news. We have behic for free and kewell on around 50k, they deserve alot of praise for this.

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

show us the collar!

Although a lot of people bitch about the club on here. Here we have some positive news. We have behic for free and kewell on around 50k, they deserve alot of praise for this.

Agree with this, we've probably had the most productive off-season in the A-League so far so hopefully Heart HQ can keep it up and make these last 3 signings as strong as possible.

show us the collar!

Agree with this, we've probably had the most productive off-season in the A-League so far so hopefully Heart HQ can keep it up and make these last 3 signings as strong as possible.

Any chance he'll get the captains arm band.

I know he's on loan butr id give it to him before any other player thats in our squad atm

• Like 1

show us the collar!

Any chance he'll get the captains arm band.

I know he's on loan butr id give it to him before any other player thats in our squad atm

Hoffman ©

• 6 months later...

If the Turks weren't paying his wage guaranteering he played he would have been dropped weeks ago.

Played ok yesterday (Friday) but how did he make the foxtel team of the week as left back he was playing midfield. Bosnich you know nothing

Nominally he was given the role of LB BUT apparently JvS gave him free license to roam (according to Michael Lynch) upfield with Ramsay dropping back to cover the vacant LB position. Behich was able to exploit his pace against his much slower opponents and provided another avenue to deliver th ball to the front. the other interesting change is that JVS placed Djugandzic as the principal striker. So the overall effect is that there was sufficient mixing of players that neither the Sydney FC team knew what was going on nor did Farina. JvS's game plan worked and Farina had no answer.

If the Turks weren't paying his wage guaranteering he played he would have been dropped weeks ago.

Played ok yesterday (Friday) but how did he make the foxtel team of the week as left back he was playing midfield. Bosnich you know nothing

Nominally he was given the role of LB BUT apparently JvS gave him free license to roam (according to Michael Lynch) upfield with Ramsay dropping back to cover the vacant LB position. Behich was able to exploit his pace against his much slower opponents and provided another avenue to deliver th ball to the front. the other interesting change is that JVS placed Djugandzic as the principal striker. So the overall effect is that there was sufficient mixing of players that neither the Sydney FC team knew what was going on nor did Farina. JvS's game plan worked and Farina had no answer.

Good to see JVS working with the bloke's large amount of limitations...

Crossing, Passing, Shooting, Marking etc.

Good to see JVS working with the bloke's large amount of limitations...

Lawl. Everything bar athleticism. Actually thought he played well in more of a holding midfield role if I'm honest. Doesn't leave us as vulnerable and knew he would have to track back limiting him getting so far forward...

Nominally he was given the role of LB BUT apparently JvS gave him free license to roam (according to Michael Lynch) upfield with Ramsay dropping back to cover the vacant LB position. Behich was able to exploit his pace against his much slower opponents and provided another avenue to deliver th ball to the front. the other interesting change is that JVS placed Djugandzic as the principal striker. So the overall effect is that there was sufficient mixing of players that neither the Sydney FC team knew what was going on nor did Farina. JvS's game plan worked and Farina had no answer. Good to see JVS working with the bloke's large amount of limitations...

Lawl. Everything bar athleticism. Actually thought he played well in more of a holding midfield role if I'm honest. Doesn't leave us as vulnerable and knew he would have to track back limiting him getting so far forward...

ROFL, holding midfielders need to be able to pass

• 1 month later...
Melbourne Heart wants to keep Aziz Behich despite defender being set to return to Turkey

Matt Windley

March 28, 2014

MELBOURNE Heart “will do everything” it can to keep defender Aziz Behich for next season.

The 23-year-old returns to the Heart squad for Friday’s clash with Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium after two weeks on the sidelines.

Behich is at Heart on a season-long loan from Turkish club Bursaspor.

The five-time Socceroo signed a three-and-a-half year deal with the Super Lig club in January 2013 and is due back there for the start of next season.

As such, van ‘t Schip conceded Heart’s chances of keeping the foundation player were slim, but said he remained hopeful of working out a deal for 2014-15.

The coach said doubt about whether Behich would play for the club beyond this season had contributed to Ben Garuccio being played ahead of him at left back of late.

“We have to look ahead to next year because in the normal situation Aziz will have to go back to his old club,” van ‘t Schip said.

“But I’m very happy with Aziz, with the way he trains and behaves and if he does have to go back it would be sad for us because he’s a good player for our team.

“That’s the situation, that’s the contract that is there and we have to respect that.

“If there’s a way that we can keep him then we will do everything to try to keep him, but that depends a lot on what Aziz wants and what the club in Turkey wants.”

Deliberate or not, van ‘t Schip’s recent appointment as coach for the next three years means his players can’t afford to slacken off in the last three rounds.

Realistically out of the finals race, Heart has little to play for collectively tonight against a Roar team that has already wrapped up the premiers plate.

But the coach put his players on notice yesterday, saying the end-of-season performances of certain individuals could shape their future.

“Most of the players that will play are going to be involved with our team next season,” he said.

“So it’s important that we keep on making steps. Players that cannot keep up with the level or step up to a higher level, that’s something we have to look at because we have to get to a higher level, we want to get to a higher level of football.

“That’s why the games that we play now are a great test case to see how far our team is and how far some players individually are.”

David Williams goes in to the game with 11 goals for the season, tied for second with Roar’s Besart Berisha — who returns from suspension on Friday — in the race for the A-League’s golden boot.

Newcastle’s Adam Taggart is on top with 13.

Williams will again lead the line in the absence of Harry Kewell, who will miss the next two games with an abdominal strain.

Van ‘t Schip said he had not spoken to Kewell about his decision to retire before the announcement was made on Wednesday.

The Heart captain will return for a farewell game against Western Sydney on April 12 at AAMI Park.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/melbourne-heart-wants-to-keep-aziz-behich-despite-defender-being-set-to-return-to-turkey/story-fnk6rlg0-1226866617284

Edited by Murfy1

The article does say that the chances of Behich being around next season are "slim".

JVS might prefer Behich to be the LB for next season because he knows what he's got with Behich, and Behich did have 2 real good seasons under JVS when he first coached Heart.

I've guessed that Jason Davidson, Shane Lowry and Michael Zullo all could be options for Heart at LB next season, but who knows. They all could well be keen to stay in Europe, and could possibly stay at their current clubs, or other European clubs could be eager to snap them up.

And there's just the general point that if a club is negotiating with a player, it doesn't do that club any favours to say that it is in desperate need of that player, and doesn't have other options. So from a negotiating point of view, it makes sense for Heart to say that it "will do everything" to secure Behich for next season. If the likes of Davidson plausibly believe that he's in competition with Behich to be Heart's left-back for next season, then he might agree to join Heart for more agreeable terms, to out-compete Behich and secure the LB spot.

I'm of the opinion though that Behich leaving is inevitable. He's contracted to Bursaspor for 2 more seasons after this season is finished, so I'm sure that he'll go back to Turkey when this season is up.

• Like 1

The article does say that the chances of Behich being around next season are "slim".

JVS might prefer Behich to be the LB for next season because he knows what he's got with Behich, and Behich did have 2 real good seasons under JVS when he first coached Heart.

I've guessed that Jason Davidson, Shane Lowry and Michael Zullo all could be options for Heart at LB next season, but who knows. They all could well be keen to stay in Europe, and could possibly stay at their current clubs, or other European clubs could be eager to snap them up.

And there's just the general point that if a club is negotiating with a player, it doesn't do that club any favours to say that it is in desperate need of that player, and doesn't have other options. So from a negotiating point of view, it makes sense for Heart to say that it "will do everything" to secure Behich for next season. If the likes of Davidson plausibly believe that he's in competition with Behich to be Heart's left-back for next season, then he might agree to join Heart for more agreeable terms, to out-compete Behich and secure the LB spot.

I'm of the opinion though that Behich leaving is inevitable. He's contracted to Bursaspor for 2 more seasons after this season is finished, so I'm sure that he'll go back to Turkey when this season is up.

I get what you are saying and this troubles me. We know what we are getting as does JvS but there seems to be a bit too much of we know what we are getting. I am all for having some continuity, the ability to create and celebrate our history but there has to be a limit. At the moment the thinking here is that some people believe that we need just a few better players in the spine and then the team will be competitive and others believe in a radical overhaul. I tend to be in the former but I am getting a distinct chill by the number of players being kept.

• Like 1