Melbourne Football

Matchday 10: v Newcastle - Sunday 15th December 6:30 pm at McDonald Jones Stadium

Harrison

1.Tom GLOVER, 2.Scott GALLOWAY, 3.Scott JAMIESON, 4.Harrison DELBRIDGE, 6.Josh BRILLANTE, 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 8.Javier CABRERA, 9.Jamie MACLAREN, 10.Florin BERENGUER 11.Craig NOONE, 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON, 17.Denis GENREAU, 19.Lachlan WALES, 20.Adrian LUNA, 21.Ramy NAJJARINE, 22.Curtis GOOD, 23.Dean BOUZANIS, 34.Connor METCALFE, 40.Richard WINDBICHLER, 49.Stefan COLAKOVSKI

Ins: 10.Florin BERENGUER (promoted), 21.Ramy NAJJARINE (promoted)

Outs: nil

Unavailable: nil

So I would make 3 changes:

Bouzanzis out,  Glover in. This assumes Glover is up to it- in truth I have no idea, but Dean has lost all form and confidence.

Delbridge out, Windbichler in. Assumes Windy is fit and is a right footer, so we keep a left right combo at the back.

Griffiths out Greneau in. Griffith was one of our best last week, but I think with teams sitting back as a block we need some quality to break them down and Denis would give that.

Where we are now we need to look past form and put our best XI on the field. I reckon these changes do that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Shahanga said:

Or for @Imtellingyou

So I'm making 3 changes: Buzzanzis out, Glover in. This means that Glover relies on: I really have no idea, get out of the windboiler. Assuming that Hisar is fit and the right leg is on the right, we hide on the left. Griffith to Greno. One of our performances in the last week was I think is, is, is, is
windboiler
  • Thanks 1

@Imtellingyou is either an old European immigrant to Melbourne who loves the sport and has only been speaking English for a few years or he’s an AI chatbot created by CFG to test their propaganda capabilities on club forums and it’s gone horribly wrong. Most of what he says is anti-CFG so they probably need to rewrite his algorithm.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Harrison said:

@Imtellingyou is either an old European immigrant to Melbourne who loves the sport and has only been speaking English for a few years or he’s an AI chatbot created by CFG to test their propaganda capabilities on club forums and it’s gone horribly wrong. Most of what he says is anti-CFG so they probably need to rewrite his algorithm.

I'll just go out on a complete limb and guess that @Imtellingyou is actually @strider in disguise 

Edited by n i k o

1 hour ago, Harrison said:

Or he is my dad trying to send me a text message...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harrison said:

I like him, it just means I’m not the only old immigrant!

• Haha 1

On 12/12/2019 at 2:55 PM, Jovan said:

Man I'm nearly done with @Imtellingyouand his weird google translate posts.

Posts done with not why?

21 hours ago, Shahanga said:

So I would make 3 changes:

Bouzanzis out,  Glover in. This assumes Glover is up to it- in truth I have no idea, but Dean has lost all form and confidence.

Delbridge out, Windbichler in. Assumes Windy is fit and is a right footer, so we keep a left right combo at the back.

Griffiths out Greneau in. Griffith was one of our best last week, but I think with teams sitting back as a block we need some quality to break them down and Denis would give that.

Where we are now we need to look past form and put our best XI on the field. I reckon these changes do that.

Very much this.

The other thing I want to see is some leadership from Jamo. As our captain it's his job to pick up the others around him when they're down and also lead be example. He hasn't done either of those things well so far imo.

Take last week for example. After the absolute howlers we conceded not once did I see Jamo get around the boys and try and pump them up. Bouznais especially is a confidence player and I reckon if Jamo pumps him up a bit the difference it could make in his game could have a lot of impact.

2 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Posts done with not why?

Very much this.

The other thing I want to see is some leadership from Jamo. As our captain it's his job to pick up the others around him when they're down and also lead be example. He hasn't done either of those things well so far imo.

Take last week for example. After the absolute howlers we conceded not once did I see Jamo get around the boys and try and pump them up. Bouznais especially is a confidence player and I reckon if Jamo pumps him up a bit the difference it could make in his game could have a lot of impact.

Perhaps it’s a bit hard to start pumping players up if you are the root cause of some of these howlers? I blame Jamo with his girly clearance just as much as Dean and Delbo for the 0-1.

4 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Perhaps it’s a bit hard to start pumping players up if you are the root cause of some of these howlers? I blame Jamo with his girly clearance just as much as Dean and Delbo for the 0-1.

Delbridge and bouzanis imo were the main causes of that goal however that's not the point I'm making.As captian Jamo has the added the responsibility to lead the team and I saw very little leadership last Friday when it went to shit.

Was mainly just players picking the ball out of the back of the net, everyone staring at the ground looking frustrated and than back to playing. 

While it obviously won't win us the game it would've been good to see Jamo go up to bouzanis, Delbridge and just pump them up a little. 

16 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

Delbridge and bouzanis imo were the main causes of that goal however that's not the point I'm making.As captian Jamo has the added the responsibility to lead the team and I saw very little leadership last Friday when it went to shit.

Was mainly just players picking the ball out of the back of the net, everyone staring at the ground looking frustrated and than back to playing. 

While it obviously won't win us the game it would've been good to see Jamo go up to bouzanis, Delbridge and just pump them up a little. 

Ah well we just disagree on that little example sorry. Jamieson started the whole comedy show of errors and the players certainly don’t need or won’t accept a pat on the back from somebody who put them in that position in the first place. Especially somebody who’s been worse than them all season.

Jamo’s confidence can’t be very high as he’s having a poor season perhaps that plays part in what you witness. But he is always verbally trying to get under the skin of his opponents and linesman.

I take it you just want to see more from your captain.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

Bouzanis

Atkinson - Windbichler - Good - Galloway

Griffiths - Brillante

Cabrera - Metcalfe - Luna

MacLaren

Wouldn't be against Delbridge playing RB instead of Atkinson as he was always serviceable when he's played there previously and would give us some serious danger at set pieces with the other 3 big lads. Our whole game plan should be aimed at exploiting the right wing, they've been playing Koutroumbis out of position there all season and he's regularly exploited.

As much as Bouzanis needs to be dropped Glover was dog-shit awful at Central Coast and I think he'd be no better. Ironic that Redmayne and Birraz both had very good games last night, I'm still pointing the finger at our Goalkeeping coaches. it's time we recruited someone from Europe to work with our keepers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mus-28 said:

Bouzanis

Griffiths - Brillante

MacLaren

Wouldn't be against Delbridge playing RB instead of Atkinson as he was always serviceable when he's played there previously and would give us some serious danger at set pieces with the other 3 big lads. Our whole game plan should be aimed at exploiting the right wing, they've been playing Koutroumbis out of position there all season and he's regularly exploited.

As much as Bouzanis needs to be dropped Glover was dog-shit awful at Central Coast and I think he'd be no better. Ironic that Redmayne and Birraz both had very good games last night, I'm still pointing the finger at our Goalkeeping coaches. it's time we recruited someone from Europe to work with our keepers.

This would be my team.

a more attacking option would be....

Boozanis

Atkinson - windbichler - Good - Galloway

Brilliant

Metcalf - Genreuao(?)

Cabrera Macca Wales

Edited by moops

6 hours ago, mus-28 said:

Bouzanis

Griffiths - Brillante

MacLaren

Given the way we expect our fullbacks to play this season, I think that would be a disaster

2 minutes ago, Dylan said:

The Bouzanis dropping has got ‘this is going to bite us in the ass’ written all over it. Lol

I can see it now, Glover will be good today. Possibly keep a clean sheet, but next week in the Derby he will fuck it all up. And it will bite us on the ass then 

• Like 2