Melbourne Football

Curtis Good Appreciation Society

toogood18

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Got up early to watch him make his first team debut in the capital one cup this morning. Was immense. He won every header, was solid as a rock, was hurting people. Easily man of the match.

Has come leaps and bounds since his time with us.

Edited by Jimmy

For a bloke playing arguably the most important game in his career he looked so calm and assured. I was extremely impressed and he's going to be an exciting prospect for the national team.

Would have thought last years carling cup final may have been a fair bit more important Nope.

playing at LB?

For a bloke playing arguably the most important game in his career he looked so calm and assured. I was extremely impressed and he's going to be an exciting prospect for the national team.

Would have thought last years carling cup final may have been a fair bit more importantNope.

Played a full 90 minutes and was the best player on the pitch. Would of jumped up a few spots in the pecking order. That's about all there is to it.

Oh, and Newcastle won 2-0.

You didnt watch the game did ya pal? Unfortunatly Curtis looked fairly out of his depth and lost his man on set pieces quite a bit. Was saved by a man on the post, to clear a header from the bloke he was supposed to be marking, and an offside flag.

And that EPL vs 3rd division btw 

First half we were shocking, but second half we actually decided to show up.

He did lose his man once on a corner and Gosling cleared off the line, but still he looked comfortable on the ball and was pretty composed throughout the match.

(But could of just looked like he was playing better as M'biwa was having such a shocker.)

Edited by TOPCAT

Played a full 90 minutes and was the best player on the pitch. Would of jumped up a few spots in the pecking order. That's about all there is to it.

Oh, and Newcastle won 2-0.

You didnt watch the game did ya pal? Unfortunatly Curtis looked fairly out of his depth and lost his man on set pieces quite a bit. Was saved by a man on the post, to clear a header from the bloke he was supposed to be marking, and an offside flag.

And that EPL vs 3rd division btw I did watch the game. Look at the time I made my first post, just after the game finished :up:

Edited by Jimmy

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/newcastle-defender-good-wants-new-loan-move-3979099#.UivTzcZplgg

Newcastle United defender Curtis Good is seeking a new loan move away.

Good spent part of last season on-loan with Bradford City.

He told the Evening Chronicle: "I'm not sure at the moment what I'll do, but I'd love another loan spell. I'd love to be playing professional football week in, week out.

"If I could, I'd be looking for a loan, but that's up to the manager. I'll just keep working hard here, and try and get closer to the first team.

"It's always good when you take a step forward in your career. It gives you confidence. It makes you hungry for more. You want to go further."

With Aloisi looking to push Gerhardt into midfield, could it possibly be a chance?

Edited by loriente

I'm not getting my hopes up, I think it'd be a step backwards for him if he was loaned back here. 

He did extremely well for Bradford last season who we all know made it to the League Cup final so I'd be expecting him to garner even more experience in the English lower leagues.

But damn, it'd be fantastic if we got him.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm not getting my hopes up, I think it'd be a step backwards for him if he was loaned back here. 

Exactly.  Why sign overseas and get loaned back to the A League?  Why not just stay in the A League?  if you are going overseas to challenge yourself you surely have to accept that part of that is having to deal with and overcome the obstacles you encounter.

Not sure if Scotland is a higher standard these days (especially with no one to scare Celtic into gear) but surely just playing in a relegation league, in bad weather, with seasoned pros, would help improve him as a pro.  (Just don't make the move permanent)  

Exactly.  Why sign overseas and get loaned back to the A League?  Why not just stay in the A League?  if you are going overseas to challenge yourself you surely have to accept that part of that is having to deal with and overcome the obstacles you encounter.

Not sure if Scotland is a higher standard these days (especially with no one to scare Celtic into gear) but surely just playing in a relegation league, in bad weather, with seasoned pros, would help improve him as a pro.  (Just don't make the move permanent)  

Exactly. Would be a good move short term, if only because it tests out his ability in such trying conditions. Scotland, while a hell of a lot less skilled then it once was, is still a bloody tough league to play in. 

Newcastle signed him on a bloody long contract so probably wouldn't expect him to be the finished article for a few years yet. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...