Melbourne Football

Yarraside Knowledge Bank

AyeCee

Is anyone else on here a tenant or owner of a house and had an "nbn utility box" installed at the premises? I've been issued a notice telling me that this will be done sometime over the next six months, and reading the guff in the booklet it seems I don't have much control over where the actual installation will be, yet I'm up for the cost of everything inside the house that will have to be be connected to the box. 

21 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Is anyone else on here a tenant or owner of a house and had an "nbn utility box" installed at the premises? I've been issued a notice telling me that this will be done sometime over the next six months, and reading the guff in the booklet it seems I don't have much control over where the actual installation will be, yet I'm up for the cost of everything inside the house that will have to be be connected to the box. 

Yeah its pretty much where ever they put it. My mate had to cop his being installed in the living room. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone have experience appealing a myki fine? I have solid proof (location history, schedule) that I wasn't present at the given location at the time of the fine. Even so, if i'm remembering wrong, I never travel without a fully topped up myki, and have never been written up for failure to provide a card in the past 3 months(during which the fine was apparently issued) (I can say never with 100,000% certainty.) What will hold up in court?

Edited by jeffplz

1 hour ago, jeffplz said:

Anyone have experience appealing a myki fine? I have solid proof (location history, schedule) that I wasn't present at the given location at the time of the fine. Even so, if i'm remembering wrong, I never travel without a fully topped up myki, and have never been written up for failure to provide a card in the past 3 months(during which the fine was apparently issued) (I can say never with 100,000% certainty.) What will hold up in court?

Flick back on is thread a few pages, girl I did my law degree with made some lefty website that helps you appeal them. Think this was the thread I posted it in 

30 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Flick back on is thread a few pages, girl I did my law degree with made some lefty website that helps you appeal them. Think this was the thread I posted it in 

While this is great news, it means that this website is redundant for the time being. We're keen to know about your experiences under this new arrangement, and whether you have any problems."

• 2 months later...

For when my current contract runs out...can anyone recommend to me an internet/VOIP service provider that actually employs English-speaking technical helpers rather than some squeaky-voiced female who sounds as if she's speaking from Nepal or Bhutan?

• 5 months later...
7 hours ago, Dylan said:

So the RWC I have on my car I am selling atm has expired but there is amble room to change the date by adding a number. 

When mechanics do the RWC do they ad the dates to some online database so the changed date would be picked up when going to vic roads?

Needs to be in the Tightarse Thread

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Dylan said:

So the RWC I have on my car I am selling atm has expired but there is amble room to change the date by adding a number. 

When mechanics do the RWC do they ad the dates to some online database so the changed date would be picked up when going to vic roads?

Depending on how far it is out of date, just backdate the transfer papers. You have 28 days to complete the transfer IIRC.

• 8 months later...
2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Landed a sweet job that pays $1300 a fortnight working two days a week. Will this fuck my de facto’s youth allowance (she earns around 550~ a fortnight before centerlink) while she studies?

wtf job pays that money for 2 days a week work lol.

Just now, Tesla said:

wtf job pays that money for 2 days a week work lol.

Jimmy pulled his finger out a couple years ago and has been kicking goals.

But pls help. Centerlink website said I have to call them to find out what a person’s partner’s earning limit is and I really cbf dealing with that.

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Jimmy pulled his finger out a couple years ago and has been kicking goals.

But pls help. Centerlink website said I have to call them to find out what a person’s partner’s earning limit is and I really cbf dealing with that.

Just do what I do, leave it alone and let them call you, you pay 12+months worth of debt, easy.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Why has my home landline phone, and now my smartphone, suddenly and intermittently decided that I must dial the area code when I'm making a local call, i.e. I have to use the the prefix 03 to call a Melbourne number?

On other occasions I'm dialling a local number and receiving a recorded message "Calls to this area are congested - please try again later OCA 0412."

WTF is going on? My landline is VOIP and my internet provider is iiNet; my smartphone is with Vodaphone (yes, I know, shit service and almost impossible to deal with).

Edited by jw1739

9 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Why has my home landline phone, and now my smartphone, suddenly and intermittently decided that I must dial the area code when I'm making a local call, i.e. I have to use the the prefix 03 to call a Melbourne number?

On other occasions I'm dialling a local number and receiving a recorded message "Calls to this area are congested - please try again later OCA 0412."

WTF is going on? My landline is VOIP and my internet provider is iiNet; my smartphone is with Vodaphone (yes, I know, shit service and almost impossible to deal with).

Mum has teh same problem and she is with TPG who have always denied any knowledge.

• 6 months later...