Melbourne Football

Yarraside Knowledge Bank

AyeCee

Any ticket inspectors/law folk: My house is ineligible for a parking permit so if I was to photoshop one what would the fine be if I was caught..

I eventually left Carlton cause of that bloody rule... I lived at three different places where I was ineligible for a parking permit.

Any ticket inspectors/law folk: My house is ineligible for a parking permit so if I was to photoshop one what would the fine be if I was caught..

I eventually left Carlton cause of that bloody rule... I lived at three different places where I was ineligible for a parking permit.

So fkn annoying. My house is actually in an alleyway and there's no parking signs anywhere so I could technically park directly outside my house

So fkn annoying. My house is actually in an alleyway and there's no parking signs anywhere so I could technically park directly outside my house

So why can't/don't you? (srs question)

Also why are you ineligible for a parking permit? Interested to know.

Because I have a falcon and the alley is tiny so I have to be a millimeter off the front of my house or I block the alley (and part of my front door)

Carlton have some over population rule where if your house was built after 2008 you don't qualify for one.

I was also told because my house is the second property built on the plot, the owner only pays council rates to be eligible for a single permit.. not sure about that one though

• Like 1

Because I have a falcon and the alley is tiny so I have to be a millimeter off the front of my house or I block the alley (and part of my front door)

Carlton have some over population rule where if your house was built after 2008 you don't qualify for one.

I was also told because my house is the second property built on the plot, the owner only pays council rates to be eligible for a single permit.. not sure about that one though

Makes sense but shit for people living there obviously .

No idea what the answer to your question is but I've always wondered the same thing when looking at parking permits or the tickets you get that you have to display when parking at certain places etc. because they do seem so easy to reproduce.

Also why are you ineligible for a parking permit? Interested to know. Because I have a falcon and the alley is tiny so I have to be a millimeter off the front of my house or I block the alley (and part of my front door)

Makes sense but shit for people living there obviously .

No idea what the answer to your question is but I've always wondered the same thing when looking at parking permits or the tickets you get that you have to display when parking at certain places etc. because they do seem so easy to reproduce.

Especially the temporary one which I had been getting, essentially just a laminated piece of paper. There is a small shiny Melbourne City logo which I couldn't replicate and is the only way they could tell if it's dodgy 

Technically you would be guilty of Forgery in a criminal sense but due to the severity of the charge it would most likely be regarded as a Tort of general Fraud by Falsification of Documents in a civil case brought by the council if it were to be pursued. 

Both outcomes however are very unlikely and I would say it would be a very long time for anything to come of any of it.

I would go with the Visitor permit option... just do a good job and try not to always park in the same spot... those fucken grey ghosts have no life and one might think he's Sherlock 'got no mates' Holmes and clue on that you are parking there every day on a Visitors permit :up:

• Like 2

Technically you would be guilty of Forgery in a criminal sense but due to the severity of the charge it would most likely be regarded as a Tort of general Fraud by Falsification of Documents in a civil case brought by the council if it were to be pursued. 

Both outcomes however are very unlikely and I would say it would be a very long time for anything to come of any of it.

I would go with the Visitor permit option... just do a good job and try not to always park in the same spot... those fucken grey ghosts have no life and one might think he's Sherlock 'got no mates' Holmes and clue on that you are parking there every day on a Visitors permit :up:

Annoying thing is there are always loads of spots available and in the 7 months i've lived there, the first ticketed car i've seen was yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to the UK soon, only for 4 weeks, I have a valid AUS passport, do I need anything else?

Me too... Nah mate. Spending time in a lot of countries only 1 I need in a Visa for Turkey. When you leaving?

Why arent you two watching the great game on TV?

• Like 1

Pretty obvious, but make sure you get good travel insurance.
I know a fair few people that have been done over with things like luggage and minor doctor visits because they didn't get good insurance (they just got cheap ones that were pretty much useless),

Going to the UK soon, only for 4 weeks, I have a valid AUS passport, do I need anything else?

Me too... Nah mate. Spending time in a lot of countries only 1 I need in a Visa for Turkey. When you leaving?

Early Aug till early Sep. Was told when I booked the flights that I'll need to make sure I have my return flight booked or else I might not be allowed to enter the UK, but according to www.gov.uk nothing is mentioned about the return flight and that I dont need to apply for a visa, but I need to have all the documents that I would need for an application just in case, ie, proof of employment, proof of address, payslips and all this other bullshit. Fuck, I'm only going there for 3 weeks.

Bite me cunt.

I know a fair few people that have been done over with things like luggage and minor doctor visits because they didn't get good insurance (they just got cheap ones that were pretty much useless),

Not my first time around the block, just first time to Europe.

Not my first time around the block, just first time to Europe.

Aware, just reaffirming.

• Like 1

Bite me cunt.

haha sorry, too soon :(

• Like 1

Having a return flight is a very good idea, however if you have details of where you are staying, contact numbers etc, you should be fine.

I was detained on arrival in London due to lack of info, was only once I produced a flight ticket home that I was allowed through.

Having a return flight is a very good idea, however if you have details of where you are staying, contact numbers etc, you should be fine.

I was detained on arrival in London due to lack of info, was only once I produced a flight ticket home that I was allowed through.

Sweet, I've got a good home base over there so everything should be fine then. Better get my British passport for next time I think.

Sweet, I've got a good home base over there so everything should be fine then. Better get my British passport for next time I think.

If you eligible for dual defiantly get it.

They also like to know that you have enough cash to fund your stay

Dont you just have to state it on the entry visa?

Not from memory, I was asked when they detained me though.

Just make sure you have pre-arranged at least the first few nights of your visit, and have all the details for it. I can't remember everything that is on the card, but I got into trouble when I didn't have a contact number or the first night of my accomm.

I'm sure you'll be fine though, I looked like an asylum seeker tbh.

• 1 month later...

Just sent off an essay

Has anybody successfully contested and won a parking fine in Melbourne? 

Your fake permit didnt work?

Haha never got round to making one.

Sent off a very thought out and extensive argument as to why I should be let off.

Fairly confident as the parking around Carlton for residents is that fucked I've been forced to try and sell my car. 

Got fined twice for parking outside my house despite no obvious signs saying I wasn't allowed to and was never told by the estate agent when I moved to Carlton that I was ineligible for a parking permit.