Melbourne Football

Yarraside Knowledge Bank

AyeCee

Ask a stupid question get a stupid answer :up:

No mention of how good a mate, no mention of how hot the sister, etc.

He's a pretty good mate of mine, known him since start of high school, however his sister is really hot lol, and i get along with her pretty well.

Just don't know if it's worth all the trouble.

It's all about if you're able to not fuck it up. You commit to this, then you're in it for the long haul. 

Otherwise, don't shit where you eat.

He's a pretty good mate of mine, known him since start of high school, however his sister is really hot lol, and i get along with her pretty well.

Hmm, it's a tough one. I'm going to need you to PM me pics of the sister so I can make an informed decision.

• Like 1

It's all about if you're able to not fuck it up. You commit to this, then you're in it for the long haul. 

This is best advice when to these types of situations...

If you can tell you want to be involved in this situation for the long term then it probably may be worth it...

However if its the opposite and you are just one of those guys who has score whenever he can (We all know one of these blokes) then its only going to probably hurt your rep amongst your mates and as importantly around the fairer sex in the long term.

The other thing is that dont forget your by any means in an unique situation.

Everyone has had a mates younger sister who flirts with them: They enjoy the taboo nature of whats going on as much you do...

Maybe even more.

• Like 1

This is best advice when to these types of situations...

If you can tell you want to be involved in this situation for the long term then it probably may be worth it...

However if its the opposite and you are just one of those guys who has score whenever he can (We all know one of these blokes) then its only going to probably hurt your rep amongst your mates and as importantly around the fairer sex in the long term.

The other thing is that dont forget your by any means in an unique situation.

Everyone has had a mates younger sister who flirts with them: They enjoy the taboo nature of whats going on as much you do...

Maybe even more.

If you have even the smallest doubt in your mind that it won't work for the future, don't even waste your time. Keep it fun and playful if it is already. and look for a relationship with someone who will be worth it.

In saying that, and relationships aside, if you value your friendship with one of your oldest and best mates, stay away from the sister! Take it from me, one of my best mates has a gorgeous sister, i'm talking marriage material... and i'm staying away.

No matter how good you might think it is, the repercussions of a slight fuck up can be immense.  

Go have a look at Sharpy's thread for a bit and get over the urge.  :D

Best thing about not having a sister is that I tell all my mates that I would/will have sex with their sisters and they got no comeback. Most get pretty awkward when you say it.

Never actually thought about trying anything with any of them because they all look like their brothers which I find unattractive.

Am I in the minority here that doesn't really see it as a big issue?

It's not a big issue if you know you guys wont break up. 

But if you're in it just to fuck, and your best mate is gonna get upset, then it's a no go zone. 

Each to their own. 

Edited by Deviant

Depends on the mate I think. I know one of mine has always been super keen to have a mate date his sister because a) he reckons its better for a bloke he knows to date her rather than some westie cunt and more importantly B) that he gets a drinking buddy at every family function.

Sounds good to me, but I don't have any sisters haha

My 2 cents:

My sister is 10years old than me and had no contact with any of my friends during the phase in high school where everyone is infatuated with their mates sisters. So I cant comment from that perspective.

But, my argument to try and convince my mates to let me have a crack at their younger/similar aged sisters was, "I'm your best mate, would you rather some other cunt you dont know stickin it to your sister or me?" *

*i never made it with any of my mates "hot" sisters

The second paragraph of this post is what forms the base of 75% of conversation I have with zac from KGB

Do girls have a fear of rejection? As in, your in the cluuuub and we always are on the prowl, but depending on how drunk we are, we will hesitate and see some girls out of our league or just not confident to aproach them for fear of rejection etc.

Do girls ever think like this? Or do they just assume any bloke would want them and disregard their looks or whatever as 'all men want pussy' etc therefore they hold all bargaining chips.

Do girls have a fear of rejection? As in, your in the cluuuub and we always are on the prowl, but depending on how drunk we are, we will hesitate and see some girls out of our league or just not confident to aproach them for fear of rejection etc.

Do girls ever think like this? Or do they just assume any bloke would want them and disregard their looks or whatever as 'all men want pussy' etc therefore they hold all bargaining chips.

Have seen a woman who could've been confused for a Magda Szubanski clone walk up to more than 10 guys, grabbing them all on the arse trying to get them to buy her a drink/take her home. Nobody wanted that pussy, but the nuggety little creature showed no fear.

• Like 1

United, on 07 Mar 2014 - 05:00 AM, said:snapback.png

Of course we do!  I'm sure there are some who think they can get whatever they want, but for the most part, yes, girls have a fear of rejection. Doesn't everyone?

• Like 1

Yes, females have a fear of rejection. It's embedded in their genes. 

But showing too much interest will ensure that you walk out of the venue alone.

Treat them mean, keep them keen, is a very true and productive sentiment - as much as females loath it, they respond better to backhanded compliments and challenges that are put forth.

We aren't assholes, ladies, we just need to sift through your bullshit barriers that you have up to counteract the ill-informed and personality-less people you meet. 

I love women... but girls, not so much. 

Treat them mean, keep them keen, is a very true and productive sentiment - as much as females loath it, they respond better to backhanded compliments and challenges that are put forth.

We aren't assholes, ladies, we just need to sift through your bullshit barriers that you have up to counteract the ill-informed and personality-less people you meet. 

The "Treat them mean" approach is only good for the right situation IMO...

Sometimes the opposite can be just as effective which is what my mates and I in Perth used to call "Attacking Cricket".

This is when you approach the girl in an completely over confident way that makes her think there must be a reason for you being so confident in your ability to pick her up.

I have seen blokes apply this and yeild results.

• Like 2

your in the cluuuub and we always are on the prowl, but depending on how drunk we are, we will hesitate and see some girls out of our league or just not confident to aproach them for fear of rejection etc.

Real men just grind up on every single girl in the club one after the other without hesitation :up:

• Like 1

The "Treat them mean" approach is only good for the right situation IMO...

Sometimes the opposite can be just as effective which is what my mates and I in Perth used to call "Attacking Cricket".

This is when you approach the girl in an completely over confident way that makes her think there must be a reason for you being so confident in your ability to pick her up.

I have seen blokes apply this and yeild results.

You're correct in the whole confidence approach. Over-confidence is a killer though. makes you look like a douche.

Confidence can simply be portrayed by being able to hold the convo and not suck up there arse.  

Been there. No issue unless you make it an issue.

"Yes, females have a fear of rejection. It's embedded in their genes."

You need to have Game™ to Play The Ladies™, gentlemen. Without your impressive Man Skill™ you couldn't hope to achieve Multiple Sexual Partners™ and win at the game of Pseudopsychology Picking Up™.

• Like 2

Reality is that there is no game to be played. There isn't a competition, a measurement, a comparative study, that is going on here regarding meeting a girl. Nor are there any mind-bending, gene-defining forces that are able to be predicted or concocted to ease the "odds" in your favour.

Reality is that only civility and communication will help you suddenly realise your talking to another human being who might just be the right person for you.

Reality is that there is no game to be played. There isn't a competition, a measurement, a comparative study, that is going on here regarding meeting a girl. Nor are there any mind-bending, gene-defining forces that are able to be predicted or concocted to ease the "odds" in your favour.

Reality is that only civility and communication will help you suddenly realise your talking to another human being who might just be the right person for you.

Profound. :up:

You do realise the past two pages was simply a group of guys just spinning shit to carry on a stupid conversation to distract ourselves from doing some actual work? :hmm:

• Like 3

You do realise the past two pages was simply a group of guys just spinning shit to carry on a stupid conversation to distract ourselves from doing some actual work? :hmm:

Ah yes. But that doesn't mean we don't get to think about what we actually say. ;)

Ah yes. But that doesn't mean we don't get to think about what we actually say. ;)

True - Perhaps we should have followed the precedent on discussing the Fairer Sex set in this thread by your Bay 16 comrade.

http://mhfcsupporters.com/topic/429-sluts/

True - Perhaps we should have followed the precedent on discussing the Fairer Sex set in this thread by your Bay 16 comrade.

I don't think this discussion has deviated from the precedent set by that thread. 

Edited by Arjen_nooooo

I don't you've deviated from the precedent set by that thread. 

Read back mate. :hmm:

I did not not make one Derogatory comment towards women.

All I said was PPL should be mindful of dating their mates sisters and that sometimes appearing "Over Confident" can be appealing to women. :hmm:

Hardly comparable to starting a thread called "Sluts" and saying that only women above an 8/10 should be allowed in The Terrace. :up:

Edited by cadete

I don't you've deviated from the precedent set by that thread. 

Read back mate. :hmm:

I did not not make one Derogatory comment towards women.

All I said was PPL should be mindful of dating their mates sisters and that sometimes appearing "Over Confident" can be appealing to women. :hmm:

Hardly comparable to starting a thread called "Sluts" and saying that only women above an 8/10 should be allowed in The Terrace. :up:

I'm sorry that you feel I have unfairly targeted you, Cadete. That was never my intention and I shall edit the comment to better reflect what I wanted it to say.

I simply wished to point out that this thread, or rather this discussion, shows that the precedent set by the thread you linked has been kept truly alive and well by the discussion a "group of guys just spinning shit to carry on a stupid conversation to distract themselves from doing some actual work" are having right here.

I agree with your opinion, however there are some books out there that describe 'picking up' methods rather well. Never read it myself, but few mates i know described it to me and revealed things ive done in the past which worked, and the details matched what i had naturally done. But in long run i agree with most what you said. In the end if she has slightest physical interest in you, everyone uses looks as dirst protocol, its yours to stuff up from there.