Melbourne Football

Yarraside Knowledge Bank

AyeCee

I'd imagine it'd be in the vicinity of $400-600 to get a replacement bumper, colour match, fit & polish. A lot will depend on which panel beater you go to, if they're looking for work they may quote low, but if they have a lot of work on they will likely give you a ridiculous quote to make it worth their while.

I've been quoted around $400 to have my rear bumper re-aligned, filled & re-sprayed.

Best bet is to ring a few panel shops and see if they can give you a quote.

would say 600+

I'm actually surprised that he thinks he can just get away scott free with just $95 out of his account.

He gave me a nice lump on my head as well ffs

Lol I don't know what website he's using, dans dodgy car repairs or something? You could always put the claim in for insurance but generally you only put big claims like 1000 bucks + otherwise it ends up costing you more to put the claim in than the original claim.

IMO I would just go get a couple of quotes mate

LOL @ $95.

I think a lot of people have a poor understanding of the cost of services, $95 is like an hour worth of time from a panel beater.

Rule of thumb for anything that requires a service being performed, even something that requires almost no skill or equipment and you're using a below average provider is going to cost probably at least $75 an hour. Panel beater is something I'd imagine around $90ish an hour depending on skill. Probably quite a few trades that are charging over $100 an hour I assume, don't really know too much about trade pricing. Professional services are always going to be over $100 an hour and escalate quite quickly, especially for the top tier ones like accountants & lawyers. He hasn't quoted me on hourly rate but pretty sure my accountant is at least $300 an hour and he works from a home office (probably the high end for an independent accountant, though a decent sized firm would charge more). Recently required a commercial lawyer and just randomly found one, $250 an hour which seemed cheap to me, and it probably is because I'm not really happy with them.

Most people don't realise the costs as they don't understand the difference between the rate a service provider charges hourly, and the hourly rate an employee makes. Eg people are used to making like $30 an hour and don't realise the $30 they are paid by their employer is probably costing more like $45 an hour when you add super, sick pay, annual leave, all other costs / paperwork to do with employing you. Then add business costs (office/factory, vehicles/equipment/software/ professional services, marketing & other business costs, etc.) and it start to escalate quickly. And of course not every hour worked is billable (giving quotes, chatting with clients, promotional work, etc.), depending on industry it could be pretty low, I'd say the bottom end is 50% and maybe the maximum 80%.

So in summary, when someone tells you they'll give you a 'little bit more cash for [your] troubles', tell them to fuck off :up:

there are cracks around the plastic that covers the right tail light but it bridges to the other side so by the looks of it that whole thing could be replaced as well.

gg.

(red plastic on the inside area of the boot) Just to give you guys an idea

2001-2002_Holden_VX_II_Berlina_sedan_05.

Edited by Young Polak

A good mate of mine is a mechanic and explained to me their pricing etc.

So if they spend 5 hours on your car and it is a problem they haven't encountered before. You will be charged 2 hours labour. If the same car comes in with the same issue, it will then only take take them half an hour or not much longer as they know what to do and then they will charge you for 2 hours to make up what they lost from the previous car.

That's how he does it at least. Found it interesting. Sort of explains why you always feel rorted by mechanics & beaters.

Edited by MaliMate
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just last night, i played an organised basketball game against 2 professional afl footballers, was just wondering if that was legal or not? If they were to go down during a game, would they be covered by insurance? Was really surprised that there weren't any officials from the club there. Would they be in trouble if the head honchos at there club found out?

Just last night, i played an organised basketball game against 2 professional afl footballers, was just wondering if that was legal or not? If they were to go down during a game, would they be covered by insurance? Was really surprised that there weren't any officials from the club there. Would they be in trouble if the head honchos at there club found out?

I used to play in a mixed netball league with Sydney swans player Garry Rohan (The ranga whose leg got broken by that North Melbourne slide tackle) when he was 18 and he stopped playing straight after he got drafted. Not sure if it was because the club told him to or because he had to move to Sydney lol.

Looking at my payslip I'm having trouble distinguishing what leave I'm actually entitled to and for what purposes...
It reads:

Leave entitlement at 11/08/2013
AL Ent             154.35 hours
AL Pro Rata        5.72 hours
Personal Lve   133.77 hours

Can someone explain the difference between these categories please?
Cheers

Does the law still exist that if you hit someone from behind with you car, no matter what, its your fault?

this cunt is denying any wrong doing now and blaming me for the accident even though my rear bumper is damaged and he actually did the wrong doing and went full retard when he hit me.

I just want to fucking belt him with my hockey stick that slimy dog.

He saw the quotes which were around $1,600 and obviously a year 12 student wouldnt have that money lying around

Fuck you mate, you're not going to pay me with your initial $95 offer you fucking cunt

facebook convos and diagrams printed out of the accident, will be going to insurance and fucking shit on his face

cash repairs never again, fucking go to insurance first thing and don't give a fuck about him

fucking so mad.

Does the law still exist that if you hit someone from behind with you car, no matter what, its your fault?

this cunt is denying any wrong doing now and blaming me for the accident even though my rear bumper is damaged and he actually did the wrong doing and went full retard when he hit me.

It's his fault for not leaving a safe distance between his car and yours. 

I just want to fucking belt him with my hockey stick that slimy dog.

He saw the quotes which were around $1,600 and obviously a year 12 student wouldnt have that money lying around

Fuck you mate, you're not going to pay me with your initial $95 offer you fucking cunt

facebook convos and diagrams printed out of the accident, will be going to insurance and fucking shit on his face

cash repairs never again, fucking go to insurance first thing and don't give a fuck about him

fucking so mad.

No matter what, always go to your insurance straight away after a crash, whether it's your fault or not. They'll handle the matter for you, and if it's not your fault (and they can find the other party) then you don't pay the excess. Just seems like an unnecessary risk to me otherwise even if the other party has insurance and give you the claim number etc. (or whatever the procedure is exactly). Saves a lot of hassle, only disadvantage I think is that if it's the other party's fault, and your car is written off, and they have insurance, and you just go through their insurance, their insurance should pay out your rego and insurance as well as your car, but not worth the risk IMO for probably like another 10%.

protip: if you know you're not at fault for a crash, then maybe you sustained a temporary injury or you suspect the other driver to be under the influence of drugs/alcohol, thus necessitating the police to be called :up:

Dat police record of the crash makes everything a lot easier.

Imo, if the strap on is penis shaped then defs gay and may aswell be fucked by a bloke.

But if it's just phallic shaped, with the soul intention of hitting the male G spot then no probs.

Each to their own though. Whatever floats your boat etc.

• Like 3

a woman

You clearly don't know the definition of gay...

if you get fucked up the ass by a girl with a strap on, is that gay?

Are you fantasising that it's a guy fucking you with his cock while it's happening? Because then I'd say it's borderline. Otherwise, you're fine.

Imo, if the strap on is penis shaped then defs gay and may aswell be fucked by a bloke.

But if it's just phallic shaped, with the soul intention of hitting the male G spot then no probs.

I will laugh at this post every day until the day I die

ahhh... not sure if trolling..you do know what phallic means right...?

• Like 2