Melbourne Football

Eli Babalj Appreciation..

Mozilla

Couple of Serbian articles from the last few hours basically saying Babalj isnt registered yet as they still owe Melbourne Heart 105k euros, and apparently Red Star are looking to solve the problem in the next few days so they can register him for the Europa League.

The other thing is he is apparently really struggling for fitness. The fans dont sound too impressed with this revelation given the clubs financial situation they dont want this to turn into a poor purchase.

Maybe they have the money but dont want to pay and complete the transfer because of the issues with his fitness?

Looks pretty bad for us that they rate his physical condition so poorly, like we are on a lower level of professionalism.

http://sport.blic.rs/Fudbal/Evropski-fudbal/218834/Zvezda-licencira-Babalja-za-mec-protiv-Bordoa

http://www.novosti.rs/vesti/sport.294.html:392485-Babalj-jos-bez-licence

http://www.smedia.rs/sport/vest/65331/fk-crvena-zvezda-eli-babalj-Aleluja-Zvezda-odlucila-da-licencira-Elija.html

Couple of Serbian articles from the last few hours basically saying Babalj isnt registered yet as they still owe Melbourne Heart 105k euros, and apparently Red Star are looking to solve the problem in the next few days so they can register him for the Europa League.

The other thing is he is apparently really struggling for fitness. The fans dont sound too impressed with this revelation given the clubs financial situation they dont want this to turn into a poor purchase.

Maybe they have the money but dont want to pay and complete the transfer because of the issues with his fitness?

Looks pretty bad for us that they rate his physical condition so poorly, like we are on a lower level of professionalism.

http://sport.blic.rs...c-protiv-Bordoa

http://www.novosti.r...jos-bez-licence

http://www.smedia.rs...cira-Elija.html

Or they could have made the fitness thing up as an excuse.

If they didn't do their due diligence, and they've basically bought a player who they no longer want, then surely they have to wear it? There are plenty of transfers around the world that just don't work out. We've had several ourselves.

Heart seem to have conducted themselves perfectly well in the Babalj saga, and have acted in good faith. Possibly our mistake was to deal with Red Star in the first place - due diligence cuts both ways.

Heart and FFA need to hold the line here - no cash, no player - and looks like we are standing our ground.

Feel sorry for Eli though. He's the meat in the sandwich.

Would like to know which you view as 5th.

What? They have been the same 5 for decades.

The 5th one that fell off, France, is now coming back up after PSG bought Serie A as well as some good development of youth from a couple other clubs over the last few years.

• Like 1

What you mean the one time UCL winners? Even Nottingham Forest have more UCL titles. ;)

Edit: And that is pretty disrespectful to Portugal, who have been much stronger in recent times and in the past.

UCL quarter-finalists, EL semifinalists last year, and Winners, Runners up and semifinalists in the 2010-11 EL.

Edited by LR9

Wish I never made my comment so I dont have to witness this cringeworthy discussion of people ranking leagues in which they wouldnt have seen more than 3 of the teams play, eg Russian Premier League.

My comment was based on it being generally accepted that those 5 are the traditional big leagues in Europe.

• Like 1

Wish I never made my comment so I dont have to witness this cringeworthy discussion of people ranking leagues in which they wouldnt have seen more than 3 of the teams play, eg Russian Premier League.

My comment was based on it being generally accepted that those 5 are the traditional big leagues in Europe.

LOL @ the comment above this which was specifically about the Russian Premier League being deleted after I made this point.

Edited by Tesla

I've actually watched at least 7-8 RPL games over the past two seasons...

A bit of breaking A-League news that you might've seen on our twitter account.

Eli Babalj might be on his way back to the A-League after his coach in Serbia Robert Prosinecki was sacked earlier today. We understand Red Star Belgrade are yet to complete their transfer payment to Melbourne Heart.

- fox sports football

we'll win the league

Edited by heart_fan10
  • Like 1

If he comes back we will be the man united of the a league best strike force going around!!!

Garcia Williams and duganzic will play a midfield role the rest challenging, it's great for us sad for Eli however we must take into consideration there will be injuries and suspension through the year, so the more the better!!! May be the difference that extra "umph" that will see us get through the pointy end of the year!!!

As I did mention if this happens very sad for Eli but he will make it big time in his career!

Duga isn't a striker and Garcia has been signed as a midfielder. I'll stick with 6 fighting for 2 spots which is quite good depth, but is the quality there?

Dugandzic definitely played there a lot last year but i agree he played much better on the wing in my opinion.

And yeah i shouldn't trust Wiki, it has Garcia listed as striker but when he played for Hull and Aus he was always on the wing.

I think we have the quality and quantity in the midfield and up front but with the loss of both Good and Hamill i think we could be a bit loose in defence. Hopefully Gerdhart, Vrankovic and Gray can fill those lost roles.

If he came back that'd mean we'd have 6 (?) strikers in the squad. Surely JA would play with two upfront.

was just thinking that.

maybe something similar to this:

--------------------Bolton-----------------

Marrone--Colosimo--Gerhardt--Behich

Dugandzic--Fred---Thompson---Garcia

----------------Tadic----------------------

----------------------Babalj---------------

Babalj to play on the last man, similar to his role last year as a target man, with Tadic playing a bit deeper as a second striker to get him on the ball more so he can show his qualities and help create

• Like 1