Melbourne Football

Eli Babalj Appreciation..

Mozilla

A few bones to pick with Eli:

- His off the ball movement is non existant

- He seldoms closes down defenders

- He would rather try take on 2, or 3 defenders before passing it off to a winger

- He takes his mistakes too hard on himself

- He thinks he is the balkan reincarnation of Lafayette

- He rarely challenges defenders for the header

- He doesn't try to break the line on defenders on a through ball

- Constantly demands the ball but never passes

- Is yet to give us a half decent goal celebration, he's just ripped off Sibon's.

He could learn a lot from Brisbane's Besart Berisha. I think Eli is our best option as a fox in the box, 1 goal a week player, but he needs to rectify certain parts of his game that is letting him down. He is young, so I'll give him time. Also, lol at a 19 year old being our all time top scorer..

Just remembered then aswell, about 5 mins after he scored against Central Coast the camera zoomed into his face, and he winked and blew a kiss.

He's a cocky cunt, but I like it.

• Like 1

Still think complaints about his lack of passing are a little off. Considering the lack of chances we create, trying to run through the defense a few times isn't a bad idea. Especially given he's the only one who can do it, and succeeds pretty often.

Also, do we have the lowest scoring record scorer of any professional club in the world?

Edited by Herman Cain

Eli Babalj should think about studying or something else! He lost this game for us last night and after we played beautifully we could actually win this league next year BUT not with him in the team.One on Ones hopeless. timing OUT crosses CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dugandzic a absolute legend but needs a good player up with him.

• 3 weeks later...

Eli Babalj should think about studying or something else! He lost this game for us last night and after we played beautifully we could actually win this league next year BUT not with him in the team.One on Ones hopeless. timing OUT crosses CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dugandzic a absolute legend but needs a good player up with him.

The big man was great last night.

Fuck. The. Haters.

He is a good player scores some nice goals, but often makes silly mistakes, hopefully he can go into the finals with some form.

Would you expect otherwise from a 20 year old? Better decision making will come with experience.

Eli is shite.

Yet I would still have him over any other youngster on our books.

Too often he tries to walk the ball into the net, also won't pass the ball if he even catches a glimpse of the goals, but on the other hand he is still maturing and I believe he will improve a lot with age, will be interesting to see just how much he improves over the next 2-3 seasons.

He's the second highest scoring Aussie this season.

He has managed to do that with about 800 less minutes of game time than Griffiths as well.

Not only that, he is probably the most pivotal young Australian player to his respective side, with the exception of maybe Matt Ryan. Other than Fred, I would argue that he is our most important player. Do you think that it is a coincidence that round 6, the start of our 9 week undefeated streak, also coincided with the return of Babalj? I don't.

I don't think he is. Mate is replacable. Worm, Williams, Terra and even Germano can cover for him. On the other hand, we have no one who can play the role that Babalj does. We have tried, and failed, with both Terra and Maycon at the start of the season. Without Eli holding the ball up for us, our play turns to shit.

... That is, even worse shit.

He has managed to do that with about 800 less minutes of game time than Griffiths as well.

Yes but those extra 800 minutes were spent sack whacking linesmen, fighting gypos, winning a championship, and maintaining his unbelievably good looks.

As is behich, as is marrone, etc..

Come on Duchess you know the game...

You cannot seriously think that a Left Back who cannot shoot and crossing is sub par is more important to us than a 20 year old giant who has scored nine goals for the year?

Yes he has missed sitters and all of that, but nine goals is still nine goals.

I am not saying his our best player, but how anyone can dispute our finals destiny being under Eli's control is beyond me.

• Like 1