Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart signs Kappa as new apparel sponsor

The Seagull

I would hate to see Heart change their home jersey from the red and white stripes. This jersey should be ours forever! Don't mind if Kappa play around with the away strip, but the home strip shouldn't change, just like all of the famous clubs around the world!

• Like 5

GijonKappaLocal-1.jpg

this is exactly something i was hoping we could get...i love how the sleeves are one base colour white or red not fussed its just looks so much more pro!!!

even if we got black shorts to go with it...lets just look tuff on the field and not like a bunch of road workers on the ring road like victory lol

Anything that avoids the stripey sleeves is a positive.

Are u serious?

You really should have supported a Non Stripe wearing Soccer side cos it kinda comes with the territory.

Question: In AFL teams that wear stripes still have Hooped sleeves (Think Pies/ Roos/ Hawks) anyone ever seen this on a Soccer Kit?

Only shirt I've seenwith Hooped sleeves is the Manchester City Away, Not sure how many others have it.

umbro-manchester-city-away.jpg

There u go - looks the Business as well.

Always liked that quirk about the local game - Which like the World needs more Long Sleeves!

• Like 1

Well you got to remember I am talking about the period when Umbro in the space of a couple years produced following Away kits:

The OG Celtic Bumble Bee,

The Yellow Chelsea Coors Kit

And the United "Men in Black" kit.

At the time Forest, Dons, Aberdeen, Everton all had great Umbro kits as well...

• Like 1

I know which era your talking about mate, Ajax wore Umbro all through the 90s, I agree it was the best era I just don't think you can say this era of Umbro has "nothing" on the 90s especially with a kit like the City home kit this year, it's a brilliant design, gone the next step with the Blue Moon sound wave printed onto the kit.

• Like 1